Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:57 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,839,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy-901 View Post
There may be some teenagers (12-13), but there is definitely a young adult crowd (18-22) that is taking part in this....which as i've said before the curfew won't affect.
doubtful, "young adults"(18-22) can go to clubs, college parties, etc. and aren't apt to be hanging out in the road at 10pm at night in downtown Greenville on the weekend. the majority of these ppl are young teenagers, and even if half of that crowd were older(which is being very generous), eliminating half of them would make the crowd much more manageable for the police who have to deal with it.

I used to work downtown last year, trust me these kids are young.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:07 AM

49 posts, read 190,556 times
Come on......college parties....I just left college and I never saw this crowd anywhere. First off, Furman is the closest and they don't party. Then you have Clemson, where I went, and you think these people are going to drive 45 min. to go to a college bar....def. not. You are giving them way to much credit. Clubs cost money which they are obviously not interested in spending, and to my knowledge the closest dance club is out on Pelham......and that place is rough.

I can't disagree with what you've seen from working down there, but I know that the groups i've seen seem to be a little older.

Hopefully eliminating the younger ones will discourage the older ones from coming around to "show off".

Old 09-02-2009, 10:05 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Quote:
How many of you have actually seen this fiasco first hand? The times that I have been down there when this is going on, it didn't seem like teenagers to me. There were lots of people hangin in and around cars parked up and down the street, blaring music, reving engines, etc, and last time I checked you had to be 16 to have a license. And most of these cars have nice paint jobs with several thousand dollar rims, I don't know about you but I couldnt afford that for my first car......

There may be some teenagers (12-13), but there is definitely a young adult crowd (18-22) that is taking part in this....which as i've said before the curfew won't affect.
Ummm...i'm 21 years old and go to college. I am NOT part of this crowd. Most Friday and Saturday nights, i'm at work at 10pm at night.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:54 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,841,818 times
Quote:
Clubs cost money which they are obviously not interested in spending, and to my knowledge the closest dance club is out on Pelham......and that place is rough.
You can dance at 221 or at the Blu Martini, both on Main Street, but you must be 21 and, yes, nobody wants to spend money these days.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:43 PM

275 posts, read 1,760,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachstate01 View Post
Really guys with the economy falling apart,homelessness increasing by the day from the loss of jobs and millions of people without healthcare reform,who gives a rats a-- what happens in little greenville.
By the way,no matter how great you think your city is,it's not immune to trouble of all sorts,even to something like huggo hitting it like it did Charleston back in the 80's.
A bunch of you are very "highminded'anyway,when it comes to your town and this thread here is so lame and pitiful,it's a plain waste of space on this site.
Who are these people that keep making these posts?I can't seem to see what there saying.
Oh,I know,it's that darn ignore button kicking in. Whoooooooosps.
Peachstate01;

I guess you care what happens in Greenville, otherwise you would not be coming to the GSP forum and posting on this thread!

and, to those individuals who are highminded about Greenville.....

THANK YOU!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area