Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 07:56 AM

9 posts, read 81,019 times

Advertisements

We really like the Bank of Travelers Rest. A local bank with locations in Travelers Rest and Greenville. Very friendly folks, easy to deal with. Seem to offer everything the big-box banks have. Free-checking and more. Sensitive to business banking needs and personal accounts. Have accounts at several banks in UpState but Bank of Travelers Rest is the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,686 times
I am a customer of BB&T, Carolina First, and Travelers Rest Bank. I can honestly say that I do not care much for BB&T's service or helpfulness (I didn't choose them but my husband had a pre-existing account when we got married), Carolina First is okay but they were just recently bought out and I am considering moving my accounts. Travelers Rest was very helpful and I have no complaints about their service or accessibility. BB&T was the only one I strongly do not like, and with Carolina First I am concerned with the turn over to the new owners.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:46 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,099,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flgargoyle View Post
I did some research today. I found a website that rates all of the banks in the US for the financial state they are in. Palmetto was one of the best small local banks in the upstate, esp. compared to BOA, where I am now. There's a branch in TR, and they have a Senior Checking program for us folks over 50. Looks like Palmetto is where I'll go first. Thanks for all of the input, and thanks for not telling me how much your old bank up north was LOL!

Care to share the link to the site?

Old 12-14-2010, 06:28 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,541,304 times
I have no complaints in my personal dealings with B of A. I REALLY like being able to travel and use ATMs anywhere in the country without incurring extra fees! I've just found it really easy to bank with B of A.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:37 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,178,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
I have no complaints in my personal dealings with B of A. I REALLY like being able to travel and use ATMs anywhere in the country without incurring extra fees! I've just found it really easy to bank with B of A.
You're lucky BofA is good up there, it's a whole other story in SOFLA. I wouldn't bank with them if my life depended on it in SOFLA. My DD does have an account there only because they were one of the few banks that had branches in SOFLA and where she went to college in New England, BUT in SOFLA, they do not leave out deposit or withdrawal slips. You have to ask for one. Why? They say due to fraud. What the heck are you going to do with a deposit/withdrawal slip that's fraudulent? If I want to put CASH in her account, I have to show ID. PUT cash, not withdrawal cash. You walk in and they ask you at the door what you are there to do - doesn't matter if there's a ton of people around, like you want everyone to know your banking business. It's beyond ridiculous!

I've been to the BofA up there and it's definitely like night and day from the ones down here - thankfully. I still have to go for my DD and don't mind it at all up there but down here, I dread going.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:45 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,541,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
You're lucky BofA is good up there, it's a whole other story in SOFLA. I wouldn't bank with them if my life depended on it in SOFLA. My DD does have an account there only because they were one of the few banks that had branches in SOFLA and where she went to college in New England, BUT in SOFLA, they do not leave out deposit or withdrawal slips. You have to ask for one. Why? They say due to fraud. What the heck are you going to do with a deposit/withdrawal slip that's fraudulent? If I want to put CASH in her account, I have to show ID. PUT cash, not withdrawal cash. You walk in and they ask you at the door what you are there to do - doesn't matter if there's a ton of people around, like you want everyone to know your banking business. It's beyond ridiculous!

I've been to the BofA up there and it's definitely like night and day from the ones down here - thankfully. I still have to go for my DD and don't mind it at all up there but down here, I dread going.
Glad at least the experience here is better! Regarding deposit slips, etc... You can now deposit thru ATMs without deposit slips/envelopes at all at B of A (I believe Wachovia/Wells Fargo are offering this now as well).

Old 12-14-2010, 07:39 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,178,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Glad at least the experience here is better! Regarding deposit slips, etc... You can now deposit thru ATMs without deposit slips/envelopes at all at B of A (I believe Wachovia/Wells Fargo are offering this now as well).
Everything seems to be better in Greenville!

Old 12-15-2010, 05:40 AM

177 posts, read 470,638 times
SCTELCO works for me!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:12 AM

696 posts, read 1,335,068 times
Second SCTelco.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:45 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,857,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Everything seems to be better in Greenville!
It is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area