Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,935 times

Advertisements

Although Inman does have a small town feel, it is a small town that hasn't changed or made any effort to do so in 30+ years. I used to live there and almost cried when I returned a couple of weeks ago for a family reunion. It reminds me of a small 3rd world country. There is nothing urban or modern, the people are very friendly, but very skeptical of outsiders (so if you have children, move when they are small so you have plenty of time to suck up to the powers that be) and culture is very hard to find.

The pro's of Inman are it is a safe place to call home, the home prices are incredible and you have over 500 parents holding constant watch over your children!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,864 times
Default Inman

My husband and I may be moving to the Spartanburg area and have been contemplating looking to buy in Inman. All your info that I've read about Inman has been very helpful! Does anyone know of any great daycares for an infant?

Old 05-15-2008, 12:37 AM

8 posts, read 19,225 times
Default simpsonville2

Inman is a splendid little town & I do believe there is lots of pride there. There's a lot to be said for these kinds of towns as they are almost obsolete. I especially enjoy driving through during the Christmas holidays as it is decorated so pretty not to mention the Hollywild Animal Park at Christmas, it is certainly a tour you won't forget!! It is convenient to most any place you would want to go & a very short drive to Landrum. What type of house are you looking for? New, Old [needs restoring] or condo/townhouse? There is a spectacular older home [1919] with loads of character & some of it is restored. [?] I heard that they were interested in selling. It is on N Howard St, #45 I think. It is a beautiful old Georgian style with a big wrap porch. It has 4 or 5 fireplaces & they were original. I saw it 15 years ago before it had anything done to it & I can't believe the changes but still needs lots of work. I would love to take on a project with an older home but my other half wants no part of it. It is close enough to walk most anywhere in town & quick access to I-26 & just a short drive to Hendersonville, Landrum, Greenville, Spartanburg, Asheville & a short 3+ hour drive to beautiful historic Charleston, Beaufort, Hilton Head & others along the coast that I'm sure you are familiar with. If I were looking for a safe place to live with a small town feel & calm life style, then definitely move to Inman!

Old 06-04-2008, 04:16 AM

2 posts, read 6,599 times
the town of inman is a very small town. kind of reminds me of mayberry.
just outside of town is some very nice mountain views and country living.. i think you would love it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan2007 View Post
Hello,

I've searched on this forum and found a lot of information about the Boiling Springs area as well as Greer and Duncan. My husband and I are thinking of moving to the town of Inman. We are late 40's and have no children at home and therefore don't have to be concerned with schools.

The main interest would be...what is the town itself like? Is it run-down or do people take pride in their town? Should you live outside the town or is there a nice historic district where you can have the small town feel?

Any information about this little town sure would be appreciated. I work at home and my husband would commute to Greenville. Are there reasons NOT to live in Inman? Crime, etc?

Thanks in advance,
Susan

Old 06-07-2008, 09:02 AM

94 posts, read 377,848 times
Thank you for keeping this thread alive! We liked Inman very much, but ended up buying a 103 year old home in a little town not too far away. We actually looked at a home on Howard Street. Those are lovely homes, and at one time was considered "the street" to live on in Inman.

My husband and I love old houses, and would have bought that home had we not found one that was already rebuilt. At our age (we're close to retirement) it was wonderful that we found a home that was pretty much as we wanted it. Had this home not been, we would have definitely bought the one in Inman to remodel! It's great fun, even though hard work, and you get exactly what you want!

For anyone considering Inman...DO IT. You won't regret the decision.

Susan
in I

Old 06-07-2008, 10:52 AM

26 posts, read 155,300 times
Congrats, just curious what town did you settle in?

Old 10-30-2008, 11:31 AM

5 posts, read 10,974 times
Default Inman

My mother was born and raised in Inman and we have been in augusta ga for about 20 years now, visit as much ass possible in Inman, Love the people and the town so small and nice .hope to moveing back soon . have some family and friends there

Old 10-30-2008, 11:34 AM

5 posts, read 10,974 times
Default thanksgiving

By the way does anyone know what may be open in the area of Inman Spartanburg for Thanksgiving?

Old 11-01-2008, 12:24 PM

153 posts, read 715,548 times
I don't know that there are any places in Inman specifically. We usually pre-order some things from Wade's and heat it up along with our other food, but you could conceivably order your whole meal from there. Very delicious. Just remember that its quite popular, so you need to call them in advance. I don't think they are open on Thanksgiving Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area