Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 05:43 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Doubtful that Crescent will get built for some time, but yes, Haywood should get even more solid.
With the prime piece of land that is the Magnolia site, if it doesn't get developed as Magnolia Town Center, it'll get developed at something good. A piece of land near a successful Whole Foods, a successful Target, Greenridge with restaurants like PFCHangs and solid middle to upper stores, doesn't stay empty long. Not to mention the strong demographics of the Woodruff Road area.
Crescent is proposed for next to Fluor's campus and directly across from the largest mall in the state. It is also being developed by a company with a good track record. You said you were working on the Magnolia Park project. What have you heard regarding it? Anything new? I know the economy isn't good right now, but i'm tired of seeing an empty site there. The empty Greenville Mall looked better than this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 05:45 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Crescent is near Fluor's campus and directly across from the largest mall in the state. It is also being developed by a company with a good track record. You said you were working on the project. What have you heard regarding it? Anything new? I know the economy isn't good right now, but i'm tired of seeing an empty site there. The empty Greenville Mall looked better than this.
No, I work "with" not on....big difference. Don't expect anything soon on Magnolia. Until the national economy turns around.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
No, I work "with" not on....big difference. Don't expect anything soon on Magnolia. Until the national economy turns around.
Darn. Well, at least i'll still get my Apple Store.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:00 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,542,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Crescent is proposed for next to Fluor's campus and directly across from the largest mall in the state. It is also being developed by a company with a good track record. You said you were working on the Magnolia Park project. What have you heard regarding it? Anything new? I know the economy isn't good right now, but i'm tired of seeing an empty site there. The empty Greenville Mall looked better than this.
Completely agreed! Developers need to put up or shut up! I understand the economic downturn has thrown a monkeywrench into the works, but really.... People/entities shouldn't be allowed to raze perfectly good buildings and then leave piles of dirt indefinitely. There should be consequences for that crap!!

Old 01-05-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Completely agreed! Developers need to put up or shut up! I understand the economic downturn has thrown a monkeywrench into the works, but really.... People/entities shouldn't be allowed to raze perfectly good buildings and then leave piles of dirt indefinitely. There should be consequences for that crap!!
They should have to put a park on site or something until the economy improves enough to have the site built. That is what's happening with the Washington Square site downtown.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:45 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,029 times
I'm a lot more disappointed that The Point development by McChesney didn't work out than I am about Magnolia Park Town Center. It would have taken our retail scene up about two levels.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
I'm a lot more disappointed that The Point development by McChesney didn't work out than I am about Magnolia Park Town Center. It would have taken our retail scene up about two levels.
That's true, but I was really referring to the eyesore that currently is the Magnolia site.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:45 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
did the original magnolia park plan include some sort of way to divert traffic? because as it stands now adding more shopping to that area would make me want to stay away, I had a craving for quaker steak and lube last weekend and it took me 45 minutes for get from roper mtn. to garlington! probably could have walked there faster!

Old 01-06-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
did the original magnolia park plan include some sort of way to divert traffic? because as it stands now adding more shopping to that area would make me want to stay away, I had a craving for quaker steak and lube last weekend and it took me 45 minutes for get from roper mtn. to garlington! probably could have walked there faster!
Those were my exact thoughts when Magnolia and The Point were announced. Woodruff Rd can only handle so much traffic. Would LOVE to see these types of developments maybe off W. Georgia Rd & I-385 or in the Powdersville/Easly areas to help relieve the traffic pressure on, and provide real alternatives to, Woodruff Rd.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:46 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,758,092 times
Wade Hampton Blvd. and the Taylors area can handle the traffic. Bring these developments out that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area