Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times

Advertisements

For any other fans of Wicked, it finally plays in Greenville starting this coming week. Most of the performances are sold out, but a few probably still have some open seats.

Article from Greenville News:
Broadway's 'Wicked' drops in on Greenville's Peace Center | greenvilleonline.com | The Greenville News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 02:56 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
For any other fans of Wicked, it finally plays in Greenville starting this coming week. Most of the performances are sold out, but a few probably still have some open seats.

Article from Greenville News:
Broadway's 'Wicked' drops in on Greenville's Peace Center | greenvilleonline.com | The Greenville News
I saw this on Broadway a couple of years ago in NYC, and it was excellent. I have no doubt that it will be amazing at The Peace Center too.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:19 PM

1,143 posts, read 2,873,758 times
I'm sooo excited! I have tix for the Thursday matinee and have been wanting to see this for a while. I hope it compares to the NYC production!

Old 01-23-2010, 03:43 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
I'm sooo excited! I have tix for the Thursday matinee and have been wanting to see this for a while. I hope it compares to the NYC production!
Enjoy!

Old 01-24-2010, 05:59 AM

745 posts, read 2,232,824 times
We've seen 'Wicked' as well- great show! Just don't read the book beforehand; they have little in common. Excellent book, too; just a different story. I read the book first, and I wondered how they made a musical out of it!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:27 PM

I loved it, loved it, loved it, loved it!!!!! I was concerned that the traveling company wouldn't compare to what I've seen in NYC but it was the BEST play I've ever seen. Granted, it is because I ADORE the story. There are better musical scores with other plays but this one was the bees knees for me. It has laughs, tragic moments, love, some really great songs and really talented actors, especially as the witches. I recommend it without hesitation!

Old 01-30-2010, 05:27 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,810,780 times
I have tickets for February 12th. I have not read the book or even heard most of the music. I am allowing myself to be totally surprised and hopefully thrilled. If the touring company is anything like that for "South Pacific," it's going to be phenomenal. Can't wait!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:09 AM

179 posts, read 462,523 times
Saw the 2pm Matinee yesterday with my fiancee and her sister. I was not at all familiar with the story or songs beforehand, and I loved it! It was great how events in Wicked gave backstory to several of the characters from The Wizard of Oz. Highly recommended.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:27 AM

80 posts, read 226,963 times
I'm excited hearing all the reviews from everyone, my wife and I have tickets to go see it this friday night. I too have not heard any of the music or know nothing of the story. I have never been to the Peace Center, how is the seating in the theatre? Are the seats packed tight?

Old 02-01-2010, 08:35 AM

Hi Benny! The seats all seemed pretty good from where I was sitting. They didn't seem to be too tight. The only congested area that was a problem was the lobby...the lobby doesn't seem big enough to hold all of the attendees but there were several groups of students and other groups from tour buses so maybe everyone just arrived at the same time and it seemed that way. One watch-it is that you can not take your drink into the auditorium. Not even drinks you buy there in the concession area. That was a surprise to me so just plan accordingly. You may also want to bring your jacket in 'cause it can get chilly inside, to me anyway. Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area