Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 02:07 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,838,402 times

Advertisements

oh my...........all this anger and arguing and hostility in a grief forum

One of my life long friends died yesterday so I came here to share my feelings about her passing.
It feels surreal. Then when I read her obit this afternoon it made it real.
I'll never hear her voice again. Never read her funny facebook messages. Never get one of her zany emails again. It's final.
Though cancer was ravaging her entire body,she still seemed her same old self about this time last week. Then she was gone.Damn cancer..............

I also lost a cherished pet to an illness last week. She too seemed fine one day and was gone by the end of the week.

I want people to say to me,"they are in a better place. A wondrous place of peace and love"......I have to believe that.

Crikeys............I'm weary of sadness, and death is all around me.......

Old 06-05-2012, 05:21 AM

28,989 posts, read 30,409,243 times
Quote:
Braunwyn;24598156]See this....

And then there's this...
Braunwyn, both statements were heartfelt...however, your attitude and roughness really turns people off...you come across as a very angry person without the slightest concern for the feelings of anyone else.

Listen, Braunwyn, lossing someone is a horrible thing...and most people do not know what to say during that time. They so desprately want to do something, to show they're concern, care, and help to support you in all of your pain, so they say stupid things, sometimes, things that don't make sense at all.

A friend of ours just recently lost they're son...I can't imagine, being a parent, loosing a child, like your parents. Our children are not supposed to die before we do. It was a very tragic story which I'm not going to go into, and they were a very close family.

Now I don't do funerals, for personal reasons, however, in the past two years I have attended a few, b/c people tell me, "oh, just go to show them your support." So, I have managed to be able to go to the viewings. Anyway, for days, I walked around asking myself, "What am I going to say to these people when I have to hug them, what in the world am I going to say?" What can you say...so I just said, "I'm so sorry, please, if there is anything at all I can do, just call and I'll be there". What in the world can one say to someone who has lost a loved one? Nothing...but we as human beings say stuff out of nervousness, pain, anger, etc. I know it doesn't make sense, the stuff people say sometime, but they say it all the same...for whatever reason...

You saying emotional masturbating is a very crude way of describing someone showing they're empathy. Yes, some people are drama queens, and hold onto pain and sorrow, b/c it's all they know. People act and speak as they do, b/c it's all they know.

It seems to me, as if you've had a very difficult life...and I again say, a year later, I am very very sorry for your loss...I've lost people to, we all have...and we all handle it differently...you posted how you felt, and many people have come to your rescue, trying to explain why this woman wrote this on your brother's facebook. However, you've rejected the fact that b/c this person doesn't think like you do, they are stupid. We're trying very hard to help you understand, we're all different, we all think and feel differently b/c of the way we were raised and due to our trials and tribultations, which makes us who we are. You can't control what people say, how people react, and what they think.

Again, I tell you truly, I'm sorry for your loss...and even after a year, it still cannot be easy, it takes time and hard work to move on...and just when we think things are getting a little better, something happens, and we regress...

We're all here for you if you want us to be...there are a few people on this forum who are cruel and mean, and bully, but there are also more people on this forum who do care, with all they're heart and souls....

So, if you at anytime wish to post again, we're here for you and do care. Reject us if you wish, or embrace us when need be...it's your choice.

Oh and by the way, my friends who lost they're son, have kept his facebook open...they felt it would help all his friends, and they've even kept posting on it for they're sake, all his accomplishments, his works, etc.

People are people and they are never going to react as you want them to...

That's all I've got for now.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:44 AM

23,178 posts, read 26,297,752 times
Braunwyn
I hope you realize that since this new forum was just opened and old threads moved into it, that the thread is "new' to some people that had not seen it where it previously was.
Also, on many of these old threads there is now an administrative invitation to add to them that appears at the bottom of the page.
I don't think anybody has reopened it to reopen your wound.
I am sorry that unforseen circumstance has apparently done that to you.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:20 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,252,092 times
Creme, I started this thread to share how I felt about the comments. I allowed her comments to stay on his page. All of them in between her posting guppy face pics and snap shots of her cleavage and but crack on her own page. Addressing my brother about how she knows he's watching over her, she felt him in her room ladt night bla bla. Yea, that's what my dead twin is doing. He's watching over some tart he hardly knew.

Anyhow, it's my prerogitive to NOT like people saying he's better off dead. I find the comment to be ignorant, although I completely forgot about it until now. You want to come here a year later to chastise me over those feelings and be clear, the filthy shyte you people brought to this thread is 10x more offensive than anything that girl had to say. You people are what is making me so angry and hurt (especially after how kind you were and then out of no where, smack) not my life, my sweet husband and family.

I want a mod to close this thread so you can no longer use it to ride around on your high horse.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:29 AM

19,018 posts, read 25,252,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Braunwyn, I'd be willing to bet, a whole lot of the time, your angry and you don't know why, your just angry...all of the time...and think people are out to hurt you and people always have an alterior motive if they're nice to you. And I bet, you don't like yourself much...
You think you people are being nice? Really? You come to my year old tread to insult me and cheer over it. That's crap and it's sick. At least in my world. It would never dawn on me to do such a thing.

Go back and read your posts in this thread. It's like night and day. And you're pointing fingers at me? Lady, don't worry about the spec in my eye when you have a 2x4 in yours. Attend to your own issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning