Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 12:24 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Actually the OP did not have an experience at all.
You are quite correct, Chessie. It was my husband who had the experience.

Mitico, I don't think I fear death anymore, I just don't want to die! lol, of course I know that is going to happen but I want to be around for 20-30 more years. I think. I doubt that will happen, not with the way I smoke though. Maybe not wanting to die is fear, IDK.

I feel bad for people who don't believe what people say happened to them who have "been there and back". I can't grasp what living life would be like without faith of going onto something better/different, if you will. IMO faith=hope, hope=happiness. To each their own though.

I don't tell hubby's story to "change" anyone's mind. I tell it to "comfort" those who believe and have faith that there IS something wonderful out there after we physically die on this earth.

On the other hand, I can also tell the story of my first hubby. 3 years ago he died a few times on the way to the hospital and on the OR table. He had no expierience. Nada, zip, ziltch and that does not surprise me one bit and has our daughter very worried about her dad's eternal life. His experience, or lack of, is okay with me too. I'm hoping it means that if you do not see the light, you just go to sleep and never wake up. You don't know you haven't died in your sleep because you wake up and know it. That's okay with me too, as long as I didn't "wake up" to find myself in Hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 10:11 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
You are quite correct, Chessie. It was my husband who had the experience.

Mitico, I don't think I fear death anymore, I just don't want to die! lol, of course I know that is going to happen but I want to be around for 20-30 more years. I think. I doubt that will happen, not with the way I smoke though. Maybe not wanting to die is fear, IDK.

I feel bad for people who don't believe what people say happened to them who have "been there and back". I can't grasp what living life would be like without faith of going onto something better/different, if you will. IMO faith=hope, hope=happiness. To each their own though.

I don't tell hubby's story to "change" anyone's mind. I tell it to "comfort" those who believe and have faith that there IS something wonderful out there after we physically die on this earth.

On the other hand, I can also tell the story of my first hubby. 3 years ago he died a few times on the way to the hospital and on the OR table. He had no expierience. Nada, zip, ziltch and that does not surprise me one bit and has our daughter very worried about her dad's eternal life. His experience, or lack of, is okay with me too. I'm hoping it means that if you do not see the light, you just go to sleep and never wake up. You don't know you haven't died in your sleep because you wake up and know it. That's okay with me too, as long as I didn't "wake up" to find myself in Hell.
When I was 14 and almost died, there were no lights, angels - there was nothing. Maybe it just wasn't my time to die, so no one came for me.

After the accident, I kept dozing off. At one point, I told my friend that I was going to go to sleep and die. I don't remember saying that. After a time, my pain from the accident disappeared. I was OK? No, I wasn't OK. I would have been quite happy to just fall asleep and die. I was comfortable, sleepy, drowsy. I would have agreed to go that day.

There is nothing painful about dying; being alive hurts.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:23 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
scientific my aunt nelly---once you have had a nde---you can feel empathy for the non believers---those that have gone before us are exsisting happily on another plane
I think we would grow quite weary if we just kept existing in perpetuity with the same conscious we have now. Call me wierd but if there is "something" after life it better not be more of the same old me but just on a different plane. I am me now, in this life, that's enough.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:05 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times
I think it's chemical reactions in the brain that make us hallucinate during a shocking experience. People like to think and believe that there's life after death so death won't be the end of the line. Even those studying the brain, are not fully aware of what the brain is capable of.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:05 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,298,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
You have no idea of what you are talking about, since you haven't had the same experience as the OP. They had an experience, you only have a belief, which is the same as saying, I DON't KNOW. An experience is not the same as a belief. I hope that you can see thea difference. It's one i t find out till we get there." That isn't a fact. That is simply your opinion. That's not my experience.
I don't understand why you got so offended by that person relating their experience. Same thing happened to me after my then 10 year old sister died in a car accident. The night after the accident I awoke to my sister sitting on the end of my bed...she looked at me and said she was coming to say good-bye. The next morning it all seemed so absolutely real. I agree; either you believe or not. I don't know why anyone would fear death...either you're going to the afterlife you believe in or it will be nothing...either way there's not much you can do about it but enjoy your time on earth while you're still breathing.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:35 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,573 times
Years ago I was in a head-on motorcycle accident and I remember a feeling of complete peace and tranquility. There was nothing to worry about anymore, no pain, very calm and reassuring. Of course I survived but I have never experienced that degree of complete peace and tranquility since. I believe the afterlife is another dimensional form of existence where we are devoid of the limitations placed on us by our physical bodies that we have in this dimensional reality. There we exist on a level of pure thought. Yes I’ve thought about this a lot.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:02 PM

506 posts, read 1,160,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
What did you ex do to you. Why are you like being mean to him?

Old 07-20-2012, 11:15 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times
don't ruin your life fearing death!

Old 07-21-2012, 07:46 PM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
There have been many scientific studies conducted that explain (or at least partially explain) the pathology behind out of body experiences.
To be a little more explicit, the studies generally show that when you flatline, your brain is still working for a little while and that may explain the out of body experiences, it's kind of your barely still alive brain "dreaming". But I'll admit that some studies have the near-death-experience person describe things while "floating" in the room that supposedly they would have not ever seen and have no way of knowing.....

Old 07-22-2012, 10:22 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,268,930 times
My mother did as 7 Wishes noted - they lost her on the operating table - she later related that she was warm, in a bubble, and floating. She saw the doctor drop a blood transfusion - described the whole thing. I was dating an RN at the time who verified her story with the OR personnel. She said she wasn't afraid, she just knew the bubble would take her up - then it was like she got sucked back into her body.

I'll never know what happened the day she died - she had been in a coma for 9 days...but right at sundown (which was her UNfavoritist time of the day), she sat straight up, looked toward the corner of the room, smiled a beautiful smile, laid down and was gone. She saw something, I'm convinced of that. Sorta hoping she saw her next life since I've taken the road less traveled and believe in reincarnation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning