Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 12:56 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I know that none of them were afraid to die after that--even the one who had no experience at all. They all three had their experiences before I met them but I know that the mandala friend became much more spiritual and she is well loved by many people, though I think she was before as well. The other friend who had an experience was also well loved and very spiritual, but the friend who had nothing was a bitter old woman and though I loved her and know others who did too, she would never believe that any of us cared and would actively push us away even as she reached out at the same time. She was abandoned on a Chicago street corner at three and I'm sure that colored her experiences in life and her one marriage was awful and she had few friends. Still, she had a loving heart and did nice things for people and I'm sad that she couldn't feel us caring for her or let us do nice things for her.

I would think that your husband'd feelings were certainly mixed--he knew he was in for a joyous time but regretful that he couldn't take you at the same time that he knew you had to fulfill your time here. What a mixed blessing and I think you are grieving in the best way possible. I am posting a link to a beautiful song that I hope will help you. Don't listen when you're getting ready to go somewhere! I just love this song and I pray I will meet someone that I will feel that way about someday b/c so far I never have so I envy what you have and have had though I know you are sad.
Your Long Journey-Alison Kraus&Robert Plant - YouTube
stepka, I just listened to the song. What a beautiful and nice song. Thank you so very much. I pray that someday you DO find that special someone and your heart can be filled with all the wonderful love mine once was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlkilgore View Post
I read a lot of the posts concerning the after death experiences and nde, and there are so many conflicting thoughts and beliefs. I hope we all can agree on one thing; if someone's "belief", not "fact", gives them comfort, isn't that a good thing? I have migraines, and if a doctor gave me a placebo and the pain went away, does it really matter if it was a valid drug or a sugar pill? The results were still positive. I personally believe in the afterlife, and I have had plenty of confirmation through experiences for that to be a firm belief of mine. It gives me extreme comfort to know that I will "live on" after my death and I will be reunited with my loved ones again.
Exactly, tlk, whatever works.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 01:38 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I know I've talked about hubby's experience before but for the life of me, I can't find it, so I want to re-tell it for those who insist that once you die, that's it. This is possibly the greatest "gift" he ever gave me. He and I were just co-workers when this happened. He didn't tell me the story until we had been dating for a few years.

Back in '89 or '90 hubby was hit by a hit and run. He flew over 80' down the street. He remembered looking down on a crowd of people gathered 'round him and the EMTs working on him. He felt no pain and could see a light that he was floating into with his grandparents waiting at the end. He said it was so peaceful but remembers thinking for a split nano second that he didn't want to go yet.

BOOM!!! He was back in his body and was filled with intense pain. One of the EMTs said "good, ****, you're back". (EMT was a cousin) Hubby had been flatlining for a few minutes.

Hubby never talked about his experience except to me and I told others when the appropriate time in conversations led me to. His experience has led me to not be afraid to die. Yeah, I don't want to but when the time comes, I know there is something more out there and it's not from watching people on tv who have had the experience! My very own hubby had it too so I KNOW there is life after death now.

I hope my hubby's story will help those who have lost a loved one to know they ARE in a "better place".

I've never had an NDE, a friend did. She was hit by a tractor trailer on the highway resulting in massive back injuries. After her surgeries, was given too much pain killer, coded and without oxygen in her blood for 8 minutes. She never saw white lights, but can recall everything said and done. Heard the nurse call the code and room number thinking, O' thats my room number', must be for the guy in the bed next to her in the same room. Then she saw them adding medications to her IV, ripping open the gown to put the paddles on her chest and thought, 'why they're putting those things on me'. She felt no pain until the point of revival from the paddles that left burns on her chest. She retells the story in a humorous way.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:46 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,934,574 times
I recall playing baseball as a kid, sliding into third base. My chin hit the 3rd baseman's knee. The next thing I know, I was looking down on myself with all the kids surrounding me, urging me to get up. I could see I was knocked out, bleeding profusely from my chin.

My uncle. otoh, was "killed" in a car accident in West Germany sometime in the 1950s. His body was taken to a morgue, where he eventually woke up, after being on a table for several hours. He banged on the door, demanding to get out. When hospital workers saw him banging, they fled, fearing he came back to life.

My grandmother, who feared hospitals, was admitted for something not life threatening. After a few days, she became comatose. During the time that she was comatose, my grandmother told my mother that she had encounters with numerous people (family, friends, and aquaintances), all of whom were dead. My grandmother said it felt real and that they remained with her in her hospital room after she awoke. The dead told her it was not her time, but she insisted to crossover. She died shortly afterwards.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I've never had an NDE, a friend did. She was hit by a tractor trailer on the highway resulting in massive back injuries. After her surgeries, was given too much pain killer, coded and without oxygen in her blood for 8 minutes. She never saw white lights, but can recall everything said and done. Heard the nurse call the code and room number thinking, O' thats my room number', must be for the guy in the bed next to her in the same room. Then she saw them adding medications to her IV, ripping open the gown to put the paddles on her chest and thought, 'why they're putting those things on me'. She felt no pain until the point of revival from the paddles that left burns on her chest. She retells the story in a humorous way.
Same with my hubby, virgode, he was pretty mangled by the hit and run driver but he felt no pain while he was floating above his body or going into the light but as soon as his heart started and again and he went "whoosh" back into his body, oh boy, the pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
I recall playing baseball as a kid, sliding into third base. My chin hit the 3rd baseman's knee. The next thing I know, I was looking down on myself with all the kids surrounding me, urging me to get up. I could see I was knocked out, bleeding profusely from my chin.

My uncle. otoh, was "killed" in a car accident in West Germany sometime in the 1950s. His body was taken to a morgue, where he eventually woke up, after being on a table for several hours. He banged on the door, demanding to get out. When hospital workers saw him banging, they fled, fearing he came back to life.

My mother was down in the morgue when she was training to be a nurse and some guy sat up and asked her for a glass of water! Her hair literally turned white from that!

My grandmother, who feared hospitals, was admitted for something not life threatening. After a few days, she became comatose. During the time that she was comatose, my grandmother told my mother that she had encounters with numerous people (family, friends, and aquaintances), all of whom were dead. My grandmother said it felt real and that they remained with her in her hospital room after she awoke. The dead told her it was not her time, but she insisted to crossover. She died shortly afterwards.
Wow, NJ2M, your granny chose to go with her friends and family who were dead instead of keeping on living, huhn?

Old 10-12-2012, 05:56 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,934,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Same with my hubby, virgode, he was pretty mangled by the hit and run driver but he felt no pain while he was floating above his body or going into the light but as soon as his heart started and again and he went "whoosh" back into his body, oh boy, the pain.

Wow, NJ2M, your granny chose to go with her friends and family who were dead instead of keeping on living, huhn?
Yes.

She fled Russia at the end of the civil war in 1920, leaving behind her infant son with her in-laws. A few years before her death, she was told that neither her baby nor her in-laws survived a post-war famine. I suspect she wanted to be with her baby and the baby's father, her first husband who was killed fighting the Bolsheviks.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Yes.

She fled Russia at the end of the civil war in 1920, leaving behind her infant son with her in-laws. A few years before her death, she was told that neither her baby nor her in-laws survived a post-war famine. I suspect she wanted to be with her baby and the baby's father, her first husband who was killed fighting the Bolsheviks.
Aww, what a heart wrentching story, NJ2M. I can understand her choice. She gave you guys years and years of love, now it was time to go. Thank you for sharing.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:39 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,203,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
to exist in this visible dimension, the spirit need a material body, the life of this body has a beginning and an end, while the invisible part will continue to live, this is a truth that does not belong only to the ancient cults but also to modern religions

to the op .. do not fear death it's just a passing phase
I have said the same thing many times. You say it well my friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning