Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 02:08 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,243,252 times

Advertisements

Sorry for your loss, nicoleg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 05:49 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,419,985 times
I know what you mean. My father passed away in August and I still can't believe he's gone. I tear up at the slightest thought of him; even the title of your post got to me. It's so hard losing a parent. (((HUGS))) to you.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
I know what you mean. My father passed away in August and I still can't believe he's gone. I tear up at the slightest thought of him; even the title of your post got to me. It's so hard losing a parent. (((HUGS))) to you.
It will get better, GPC but you will always cry for your mother. My mom once in a while cried for my Nana even though Nana had been dead 30 years. It's been 19 years for Mom and 9 years for Dad now and though it's not an everyday/minute thing like it used to be, I still will start to cry occasionally over both of them. Parent, child, spouse....that love and sadness will never disappear. Just calms down and you learn to live with it.

Peace.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:43 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,882,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleg209 View Post
I feel for all of you!! I losses my dad 8 months ago. He was very active, healthy and me and my familys Rock!! Valentines day 2012 they told me and him in an office not so expected, that he had cancer. Multiple myeloma and he needed to immediately be transported from ambulance to emergency surgery 60 miles away to remove one if the bigger tumors growing in and around his spine! In utter shock I was speechless, looked at my dad, he smirked and shes a slight rear as he said, " so, kiddo change of plans huh?".. Shopping was out! "sorry u had to hear that honey, ... No one lives forever"
After surgery, countless chemo & radiation, he lossed feeling in his bottom half anyways.. Wheel chair bound, dependent and struggling with it all being a very prideful man .. After being told we had AT LEAST 5 years with him.. For him to be able to see his first grandson grow up a little (he was only 2 months then).. My father losses his battle after only 4 MONTHS 12 DAYS!!!!!
I'm SOOO confused!! I also have 2 daughters who we're raised with my dad acting as their dad too. Grandpa was the father figure for my girls as they transitioned thru my divorce . They are 12 & 15.. Seeing them NOT dealing or mourning the loss of their favorite person is hard and it hurts ! I feel maybe this is why I mourn or DON'T mourn .. I emotionally and physically can't! my son was 6 months still breastfeeding when he passed, and my girls had shut it out! They we're in the room as he took his last breath, as our whole family was.. But since then.. To "deal" with the actual loss isn't happening. My oldest has since acted totally defiant , in a complete not her way. My baby knows pictures and my middle daughter shuts down completely. I'm a total ANGRY mess at this point. I'm sad, mad, confused, and lossed!
I kno everyone grieves their own way, but I don't think this is healthy!! I just want him back!
I also want my dad back. I miss going bowling and shooting pool with him.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
I also want my dad back. I miss going bowling and shooting pool with him.
Me too, I miss my Daddy. I miss his nightly phone calls to say hi. I miss his knowledge about things too.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,282 times
My maternal Grandmother died almost 25 years ago on my 30th birthday. I still think of her on my birthday. I think of spending a week or two there with my grandparents during the Summer as a teenager. I even remember the smells of the old farm house, and smelling bacon she was cooking for breakfast. She kept scrapbooks of every card and letter any grandchild or family member ever sent her. It was always fun to look through those scrapbooks and remember the cards or letter you had sent her...because they were all in there. I'm glad to have the good memories of all my grandparents. Don't ever forget the good memories. Peace to you, and remember, we've all lost someone we were close to in life. Please feel free to share your memories here, we will listen.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:08 AM

31 posts, read 56,019 times
Default Our sweetest songs are those that tells of saddest thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
It will get better, GPC but you will always cry for your mother. My mom once in a while cried for my Nana even though Nana had been dead 30 years. It's been 19 years for Mom and 9 years for Dad now and though it's not an everyday/minute thing like it used to be, I still will start to cry occasionally over both of them. Parent, child, spouse....that love and sadness will never disappear. Just calms down and you learn to live with it.

Peace.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

We look before and after, and pine for what is not;
Our sincerest laughter with some pain is fraught
Our sweetest songs are those that tells of saddest thoughts

Anon

Old 03-16-2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocrat View Post

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

We look before and after, and pine for what is not;
Our sincerest laughter with some pain is fraught
Our sweetest songs are those that tells of saddest thoughts

Anon
Thank you.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:23 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,334,093 times
Missing my Dad too. Oct 30, 2002 he passed.

Irony is my sister who tangled with him the most is the one trying most to immulate (sp?) him. She is trying to remember what he taught her and is seeking to do things the way he did. she made a garden, her finances, etc.

He is gone but he is still here.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:13 AM

361 posts, read 749,669 times
I agree with almost everything said here. I also lost my dad in 1992, and not a day goes by where I do not think about him.

Some days, especially the frustrating ones, I would have given all that I owned to just have five minutes with him. But five minutes would not have been enough. The first 40 years I had him was not enough.

I am sorry for your loss, Tony. Good men are hard to find and you will heal. That does not mean the memories will go away or even fade. It just takes time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning