Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 04:24 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,430,760 times

Advertisements

I have become such a bitter, nasty man since my Grandfathers death..
It's all towards family.. I'm not sure I can get over it..
Vultures...for ****ing nothing..
Death bring out the worse parts of people...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 04:27 PM

After everything was said and done...the Shrink Aunt says...

What did you keep of his.. His pocket knife I say..

Her: There is nothing else to give you...

ME: What the F you mean..???

ME: I have his wife... you take the frikkin pocket knife..

ME: yeah your Mother...go home and *********r next fake husband

I'm tired of being nice to people who stood back and let others "take care of the dirty work"

Old 08-25-2012, 07:55 PM

32,960 posts, read 36,433,125 times
Death bring out the worse parts of people..

Yes it does. I've seen it many times. Thankfully I saw it quite early in life when aunt whomever and rich great aunt so-and-so passed. The vultures were all over the property taking anything that they could get.

Keep the pocket knife. You are the only one who really cares. The only thing that really matters is the wristwatch or the pocket knife. It was a part of them - they kept it, wore it, carried it.

Sweet dreams.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:14 PM

I'm sorry this was totally illegble..

I'd really like a chance to start again when i'm not so darn upset with myself and everyone.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:02 PM

32,960 posts, read 36,433,125 times
It's OK. I've produced a few, cough, ugly posts here. I'm sure that someone wondered whether I'd had a breakdown or was on some sort of bender.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:49 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,971,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
I have become such a bitter, nasty man since my Grandfathers death..
It's all towards family.. I'm not sure I can get over it..
Vultures...for ****ing nothing..
Death bring out the worse parts of people...
I don't think the death of a family member necessarily brings out the worst anymore than it brings out the best in them. It may just be that the OP are seeing them for who they really are for the first time in your life. Those who tend to be good people will continue to be so and those whose nastiness was only covered by a thin veneer have been revealed.

Make a mental note or write down your feelings in a journal and then put them away, out of your mind. It is done and rehashing it over and over in your mind only makes the wound fester.

Harboring anger to the point of allowing it to poison you into bitterness and being nasty to others only gives those who behaved badly more power. My advice: don't let them do that to you. Pity them for their shortcomings and rise above it all. Let the memories be happy ones of your grandfather and times you spent together rather than angry ones over the behaviors of others you cannot control.

If there is a blessing to death it is that the recently departed don't have to witness the bad behavior of their own family members.

These kind of things don't happen in all families but they happen in plenty. Unfortunately it happened in mine and I felt similarly as the OP.

Letting go of that anger and bitterness is easier said than done but you'll feel better once you do. Live a life of which your grandfather can be proud and if you outlive the others maybe one day you can p*ss on their graves.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:46 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,300,712 times
It's OK to feel angry Caligula1...no explanations necessary....we all have our moments,...sorry for your loss.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:05 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,395,509 times
Rise above it all. Nothing really matters, it is all just junk. You can't take it with you.

The worst thing though, is putting the "Power of Attorney", in the hands of someone who really does not care about you. I went to see my Grandmother in a nursing home after she fell, her son had the POA. he was making her "health care" decisions---he decided she should not even have food or water if she could not feed herself. No fluids. She died of dehydration. A simple IV would have extended her life. He killed her. I did not go to the funeral. It would have been more than I could deal with to watch her killer.

So, yes, death brings out the worst in folks. And money. He killed her because the nursing home was costing money each month.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:48 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,230,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Rise above it all. Nothing really matters, it is all just junk. You can't take it with you.

The worst thing though, is putting the "Power of Attorney", in the hands of someone who really does not care about you. I went to see my Grandmother in a nursing home after she fell, her son had the POA. he was making her "health care" decisions---he decided she should not even have food or water if she could not feed herself. No fluids. She died of dehydration. A simple IV would have extended her life. He killed her. I did not go to the funeral. It would have been more than I could deal with to watch her killer.

So, yes, death brings out the worst in folks. And money. He killed her because the nursing home was costing money each month.

Are you sure that this was not what your grandmother wanted?
My husband and I have both told our kids that if we got that bad,(and it would be a permanent condition) that is exactly the choice we would want them to make.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:05 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,965,613 times
My late hubs' mother lived with him (before we were married). He paid the rent, bought the furniture, maintained the place. His Mom didn't drive so he took her where she needed or wanted to go. He tried to get home for dinner every night because if he wasn't there, she ate tea and bread. His sisters gave him a hard time about how he "made her cook for him." Long story short, she had a stroke and after 10 days in hospital, passed away. The relatives swooped in and took whatever they wanted from HIS house! The only thing left was his bed, an ironing board and a lamp. He shrugged, rented a room in a boarding house and never said another word. But I could never feel the same about the vultures.

When my father passed away, my half-sisters never offered me anything that was his but I didn't mind because his wife (their mother)was still living in the home. A year later, she passed away and to this day, I have not one thing that belonged to my dad except for my memories.

So, yes, death does terrible things to the living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning