Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 11:36 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
One more had s ng for me to add:

The reason why he came to visit me around Halloween was that our anniversary was Oct. 30th. Also the veil between the living & spiritual worlds are the thinnest on Halloween.

And I am familiar with Lionel Richie's Stuck on You. In fact, my first husband & I used to sing it as "Stuck in Glue."

Cat
WOW!! That is too funny!!! Glad you had a few laughs with him anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 12:12 PM

2,259 posts, read 4,750,615 times
It was my wife who had the dream. Her dad left when she was still pretty young, and had a real rocky relationship with him until the time of his death. With that being said the other night she had a dream that she was in the bedroom folding clothes, and a dark figure beckoned her to follow her down the hall, she was rather reluctant but the dark figure persisted. So she followed him into the living room, and the dark figure sat on the couch and motioned her to sit next to him. So she reluctantly sat on the opposite end of the couch, and he kept motioning to her sit closer, but she didn't so the dark figure started moving closer to her. So the figure grabs a pen and paper, and writes one word on it "Perry", this was the name of her late father. She was pretty shook up for a couple of days after that.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:33 AM

3 posts, read 2,972 times
My MOM passed last week, I have been and my significant other have been having nightmares, she was a cruel and abusive drunk and a child molester. We have to go to her memorial service where the other family members who were not her victims are hostile and antagonistic, they even plan to display life size pictures of her. I have to say just seeing a photo of her now is creepy. We both get visceral reactions to it. Her other child has managed to secure the real estate, I wonder what kind of lies she will tell to all the other children why they wont be inheriting anything- perhaps she will use the excuse she has used in three other family members " it was all stolen, or it was all spent" right! that is why she has new vehicles and has been taking extended world trips!
I only wish I did not ever have to see any of them ever again. I see no point in making an appearance, they will only try to make me uncomfortable, lies will roll off their tongues. My uncle and grand mother disclosed that when my mother was born they thought they had birthed the devil. No amount of boarding schools or finishing schools could tame the rabid beast. In reality she was a psychopath, mentally ill. I see the gene was passed to her other daughter. What on earth was I thinking to even try to attend? there is no upside either way. any thoughts? since this is going to happen in my town what do I do?

Old 04-27-2014, 11:34 PM

11,026 posts, read 5,978,490 times
eponia, I feel for you. Might I suggest starting a thread? Use (copy) your above post as the opening post. This is a big issue and warrants your own thread.

Take care
303Guy

Old 04-28-2014, 12:12 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,569,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
It was my wife who had the dream. Her dad left when she was still pretty young, and had a real rocky relationship with him until the time of his death. With that being said the other night she had a dream that she was in the bedroom folding clothes, and a dark figure beckoned her to follow her down the hall, she was rather reluctant but the dark figure persisted. So she followed him into the living room, and the dark figure sat on the couch and motioned her to sit next to him. So she reluctantly sat on the opposite end of the couch, and he kept motioning to her sit closer, but she didn't so the dark figure started moving closer to her. So the figure grabs a pen and paper, and writes one word on it "Perry", this was the name of her late father. She was pretty shook up for a couple of days after that.
That's really eerie. Was the figure her dad? Or someone who knew her dad? I hope she recovers quickly and remembers that it was just a dream.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:38 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,036,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I have dreams of my mother and father who have passed. Many times I go long periods without it happening and then I have quite a few.

Most of the time, I really do not want to wake up, because they are so real in my dreams. I can see them, feel them, hear them. They are so alive.

Most often when I wake up, I go back to sleep to try and continue the dream and it normally works.

I have also had death dreams. Truthfully, I hate when this happens, because when I wake up, it is to find that the person has either died in the night or they pass within a couple of days.

It has happened 3 or so times, and it happened once where the person did not die. My brother is the only one who did not die.

I have a lot of dreams where the things actually happen, as well as thoughts of things that come to fruition.

It is just weird.
A few times I thought of different people out of the blue and for no particular reason and about a year later they died. It's always about a year.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:29 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,742 times
My grandparents died back in the early 90s and i have vivid dreams of them both every week or so.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:06 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,808,567 times
A short while after my husband passed, I had three different types of dreams about him -- all of which seemed very real. In the first dream, I had just pulled into the driveway, and he was walking out the front door onto the porch. He was looking vibrant and healthy and was dressed in this turquoise blue outfit he used to wear when we went skiing. I was shocked to see him but don't remember if we spoke or not. I think he just waved.

In the second dream I was sound asleep, and the phone rang. It was my husband calling. I distinctly heard his voice and tried having a conversation with him, but he said he had to go.

In the third dream, I actually felt his presence and felt him hug me.

All three dreams were very surreal, and I will never forget having had them. I have not had any dreams about him since then. I sometimes think it was his way of letting me know he was okay and that I needed to get on with my life.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:16 AM

1,653 posts, read 2,306,489 times
I don't even know where to start.....I have had these types of dreams for years. They started when I was a teenager and my I would dream of my Grandmother, but as years went by and more people died these dreams would happen more often.

My Mother died 4 years ago and our relationship wasn't great and those dreams were always stressful, but soooo vivid. One dream was of her and my Grandmother, whom I had not had a dream about in many years. My Father died this past December and I was wondering if I would have these types of dreams about him. It was almost like I was waiting for it to happen. The dreams have happened and they haven't been stressful at all...which has been surprising to me.

I don't know what's out there after we die, I don't even know if i'm sure there is anything. However, there is one dream that I had back in 2011 that makes me think maybe, just maybe there is something beyond this life. My current girlfriend and I grew up across the street from each other. I knew her Father pretty well. He died in 1994 he died young and was sick for a long time. Her and I weren't a couple then, in fact we did not talk for over 10 years. We hooked up in 2007 and have been together ever since.

In September of 2011 I had a dream about her Father, it was right around the anniversary of his death, but It was not like it was on my mind, he just appeared and told me that I better be nice to his daughter. A few days later my girlfriend told me she was pregnant with our Son. The pregnancy was a 100% surprise for us as it wasn't supposed to happen, because it couldn't happen.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:41 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
The pregnancy was a 100% surprise for us as it wasn't supposed to happen, because it couldn't happen.
Then how did it happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning