Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:28 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,809,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Thank you, thegreenflute334. I hope you had a good Easter. Mine wasn't too bad in the grand scheme of things. I only had one bad day and was finally able to get down to doing things around the home. Today was a pretty good day at work. I seem to be 'normalizing' - I only had two 'episodes' today! I found myself not thinking about Denver a few times today too. Not that I want to forget him - just that I didn't think of nothing else.
I fully understand. You'll have good days and not so good days but I think you've come a long way ( here anyway) I can see that strong person in you as well. I bet Denver is a real special guy and so incredibly good looking! I am surprised you didn't have a house full of girls chasing your son! Anyway: an old saying that really caught my attention is: I am not who you think I am, I am not where I want to be but I am better than I was yesterday. It kind of helped me to even out and gain some type of perspective that I could understand. Have a better night and tomorrow!

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 04-22-2014 at 01:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 01:45 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,704 times
I feel so sorry for you. Keep your head up and take life one day at a time. Best wishes.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:22 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,412,734 times
Your son sure was a handsome guy. I'm so sorry for your loss. A parent should never outlive their child. Be kind to yourself. Your pain will never go away but as time goes by, you'll learn how to cope with it.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:50 AM

104 posts, read 189,301 times
I am so sorry for your loss. As a parent to 5 kids, I couldn't even begin to imagine and I never wanna know what it's like to lose my children to anything. I did miscarry in 2009 and that took a huge toll on me so I can't begin to imagine how it'd be if my kid was already on this earth. Your son was going through a really tough time and those thoughts took over his mind. I am positive your son knows how much you love him and how much you miss him. He didn't meanto hurt you or anyone else, but anxiety and depression is a really serious mental illness. So many people suffer with it daily. I really wish he wouldn't have taken his life but at that moment in time he wasn't himself. Again, I'm sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking of you.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:09 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,868 times
I am so sorry.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:40 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,607 times
I'm so sorry for your loss. I believe you will one day meet again. I have faith that even tho you are not in his present world....he is most definitely in yours.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:41 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,296,294 times
I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm saddened reading your post and hope you find strength in the good memories you made together over the years....and i bet there were many.

Take care of yourself and your family. I'm sure they need you more than ever now.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:01 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Yeah, well, there are some things from which you will never fully recover. There are just too many memories and a certain number of regrets. You absorb what you can, roll with the punches and try to carry on.

Even now, remember that someone loves you, someone counts on you, and you've made a difference in someone's life.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:11 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,981,700 times
Thank you all. Yes, Denver was indeed a very special person. He was good looking and very charming. But he was just a wonderful person. And yes, he was never short of lady friends. Or any friends. It's just so sad that he suffered these inner demons - his monster inside. So sad. I weep when I think of it.

This is where he died. Friends found out where it was and erected a makeshift cross from drift wood. I will be going there in two weeks and will make his marker as permanent as I can. These friends said they felt a peace there. I am sure he is now at peace.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:16 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Thinking of you today, my friends. *Hugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning