Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 05:12 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

My therapist stopped by for 2 hours on Friday to see how I am doing. We did a lot of talking and a lot of memories were brought up. There were some tears....I think that is what caused the restless sleeping and then the anxiety yesterday. Work did help. I got home around 9:45PM and was exhausted. I have been asked to fill in for another girl on Monday night--not my favorite idea but we all have to pitch in during the holidays. I was so proud..the main manager of the store had posted a letter he wrote about sales being down and how he wants us to take more time to talk to the customers like Kathy did when she made a $75.00 sale for Hermit crab accessories. I guess the letter had been hanging there for quite some time but I hadn't noticed. Made me feel good! Anyhow today is volunteer work in Charlotte wrapping gifts and the donations go towards feeding the feral cats in our area.
Have a blessed day!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 12-06-2015 at 05:43 AM..

Old 12-06-2015, 05:41 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
My therapist stopped by for 2 hours on Friday to see how I am doing. We did a lot of talking and a lot of memories were brought up. There were some tears....I think that is what caused to restless sleeping and then the anxiety yesterday. Work did help. I got home around 9:45PM and was exhausted. I have been asked to fill in for another girl on Monday night--not my favorite idea but we all have to pitch in during the holidays. I was so proud..the main manager of the store had posted a letter he wrote about sales being down and how he wants us to take more time to talk to the customers like Kathy did when she made a $75.00 sale for Hermit crab accessories. I guess the letter had been hanging there for quite some time but I hadn't noticed. Made me feel good! Anyhow today is volunteer work in Charlotte wrapping gifts and the donations go towards feeding the feral cats in our area.
Have a blessed day!
Kathy.....you are a blessing to those cats and to everyone you meet; that is not only good for business...but good for life. Have a good day.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:44 AM

That is so sweet of you to say elston..thank you!

Old 12-06-2015, 12:46 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston
Kathy.....you are a blessing to those cats and to everyone you meet; that is not only good for business...but good for life. Have a good day.
Yes indeed you are!!!!!

Old 12-07-2015, 05:29 AM

It was a long day yesterday and not as much wrapping as we had hoped but they say closer to Christmas business picks up. Didn't get home until after dark and my poor animals thought they were starving! Ha! I am working tonight to fill in for another girl and once again will be home after 9pm--not fond of those hours. Today I have another Chiropractor appointment so between work and doctors my days appears full! I think I need a day off!
Thanks again both elston and Dude for those lovely posts! That's what helps me keep going!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 12-07-2015, 06:51 AM

Jerry, I know I keep repeating myself here--but the Holidays are huge for people grieving....This is my 2nd Thanksgiving and Christmas alone so I totally get where you are coming from. To be honest I too have been struggling with emotions lately but I guess it's normal. Sharing does help--the caring we receive here helps too. Your love for the dogs at the shelter will help you more then you will even guess because they return that love double! Stay strong my friend--we will get through this together! We do care!!

Old 12-07-2015, 02:37 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,528 times
Default Jerry, I know where you are coming from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_NJ View Post
Right, the normalcy of this discussion is why I think the age limit to run for president of the USA should be 50, not 35. It doesn't matter how "smart" we may be, wisdom comes with experience/age. Some gain it earlier, but almost none at the age of 35.

That said, my children are middle age, as are my neighbors who work so hard to reach out to me with invitations to holiday activities and reaching out in general... "Stop by anytime, we'll watch your dog if you want to go somewhere..." all the good neighbor stuff from, well, good neighbors. Expanding of outreach from friends, a high school, navy, long time buddy flew from Denver to be with me when my wife died, and a fishing buddy in Oregon said: "Come stay with us for a month, we can do some fishing, drink good whiskey, brew some beer and have great food..." Now is that reaching out? Not from family, just people who care. Maybe I'm nicer to people I meet than to relatives... don't know, but there's some information here I'm still confused about... not so confused as disappointed, but I am in a state that gets disappointed easily. Working it out somewhat here, thanks for the help.

Wonder when/if one gets past deep bereavement.
Hi Jerry,

My husband died almost 3 1/2 years ago. I was hyper sensitive after he died. It seemed no one understood how much pain I was in and especially my relatives who I expected more from. It took me 34 months to finally escape the ravishes of grief and to figure things out. Being widowed was like coming out of a mother's womb, living life experiences on my own for the very first time without a mate. Adjusting to living on my own, eating alone, no one to share with, no one to talk to or watch television with and the added responsibilities of taking care of a house, two cars, two dogs, etc . I had to rediscover and recreate the new me. The first year I was numb, the second year I started to feel things and meet people and the third year I went to counseling once a week to help me get over the last hump.

I attended a grief class at college and I was told the more you tell your story, the less meaning it has on you and one day you discover you don't have to tell your story. I find this to be true. Life takes on new meaning and a whole new world will open up and you embrace it. I don't think about my husband every day like I use to. I seldom tell my story, it is insignificant now as I am meeting new people all of the time and I am looking ahead.

One day Jerry you will reflect to this time when you felt this way and tell yourself, "I have come a long way, Baby". Happy Holidays to you Jerry.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:10 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Im so sorry about your husband!!

Old 12-08-2015, 05:16 AM

Beautifully put Smilinpretty! Jerry, Smilinpretty was a rock for me during this last year! She held me up and encouraged me. She and several other caring posters here are a big part of helping me to keep moving forward. They have some excellent advise!
I am very tired today--a long week. I plan on taking it easy today! Tomorrow is the chiropractor and tomorrow evening I am getting my hair done! Evening was the only time she had open and I need it done badly! My well water makes my hair look electric! Smile! Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 12-08-2015, 11:13 AM

I'm having an anxiety filled day for some reason....Need to go outside and get some sunshine maybe...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning