Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2017, 06:20 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,343,425 times

Advertisements

Woke up with one of those "visual" migraines" and I know it always leads to a headache later and today is my heavy work day. Think I'll take an Motrin now!
Praise the Lord, I was asked by the girl I have been working with if I'd cover her for Friday and Saturday night. Not fond of nights but beggars can't be pickers so I jumped on the offer. God is good!
More rain and fog! I hope everyone has a blessd day!

Old 04-20-2017, 06:37 AM

48,229 posts, read 22,042,601 times
My DH is going to be away from this morning thru Sunday. He is going to Orlando; his team is going to play in a tennis tournement. They won last year; hope they do again.

I will miss him (thats an understatement) but I will be fine. I did make arrangements with a friend for him to stop by each afternoon to walk the dogs....I can take them out in the yard.....in the morning but cant really walk far enough to exercise the two who need it and expect it.

Have a good day everyone.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:20 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,524,843 times
My DH is going to be away from this morning thru Sunday. He is going to Orlando; his team is going to play in a tennis tournement. They won last year; hope they do again.

I will miss him (thats an understatement) but I will be fine. I did make arrangements with a friend for him to stop by each afternoon to walk the dogs....I can take them out in the yard.....in the morning but cant really walk far enough to exercise the two who need it and expect it.

Have a good day everyone.

Blessings, elston. I hope everything goes well.

Woke up with one of those "visual" migraines" and I know it always leads to a headache later and today is my heavy work day. Think I'll take an Motrin now!
Praise the Lord, I was asked by the girl I have been working with if I'd cover her for Friday and Saturday night. Not fond of nights but beggars can't be pickers so I jumped on the offer. God is good!
More rain and fog! I hope everyone has a blessd day!

Is the main pain-fighting ingredient in Motrin ibuprofen? If so, good. Unless your stomach isn't adverse to regular aspirin. One 80mg aspirin a day is good for all of us to take because aspirin fights coagulation and keeps the blood flowing well. It's good for our heart health.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:32 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,888,237 times
God bless ya both Elston and CYN!! (You also elko )

Old 04-20-2017, 01:39 PM

Before I left for work I kept smelling a musty smell--I have had a tiny leak in my one back closet where the pipes runs up behind it and put a small bowel under it but this morning the whole closet was soaked. One of the brass or copper pipes--not sure what it is but it got a pin sized leak and was spraying water like crazy. Everything was soaked. I put a towel around the leak and two large pans to catch the water. I had to leave work early because I was scared they would have overflowed--which they almost did. Now I am waiting on a plumber. oh joy!

Old 04-20-2017, 03:37 PM

Before I left for work I kept smelling a musty smell--I have had a tiny leak in my one back closet where the pipes runs up behind it and put a small bowel under it but this morning the whole closet was soaked. One of the brass or copper pipes--not sure what it is but it got a pin sized leak and was spraying water like crazy. Everything was soaked. I put a towel around the leak and two large pans to catch the water. I had to leave work early because I was scared they would have overflowed--which they almost did. Now I am waiting on a plumber. oh joy!

Sounds like a small repair, cyn!

Old 04-21-2017, 06:01 AM

I wish elko! Ended up being pretty major with several pipes being replaced in order to fit them all in properly. Then I was told it would happen again because my water is so full of minerals here it destroys pipes. I need to get my pipes replaced with PVC but that will be very costly so it will have to wait. My well also had a leak that took a long time to repair. The whole job took a couple of hours. Now I have a big fan running to dry out the closet!
The man I called from my church when I wanted to make sure this plumber was good said he was who he would choose. He told me he would call him to make sure he'd get here yesterday. When I asked the plumber if he could send me the bill he said it was covered by the man from my church. What a blessing! I have never had so many nice things happen as I have since I found God. He does take care of me! I am blessed!
I get to cover for a girl at work tonight so I am happy about that.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 04-21-2017, 10:40 AM

cyn you are truly blessed in so many ways.

My DH just called me from Orlando (tennis tournement) his team took 2 out of 3 and he and his partner won their match 6-4. smf 6-4. Another match this afternoon.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:45 PM

Great news, cyn!

elston, tennis is a great game! I love it.

Heard some decent news from the eastern Washington job. The HR contact said that the hiring Manager has one more interview and then he'll make his decision. She says he's "keenly interested in my experience." She says to stay tuned for more. So that one is looking pretty positive right now. I best do some CEU's and get ready to fill out my re-application for Respiratory Licensure for the State of WA Department of Health. Friends, this looks really positive. My wife is leery of such a long voyage westward (it's 1,600 miles!!!!) but this one would be worth it. I'll lobby as strong as I'm able for it. I'll file for State of Kansas U.I. tonight or tomorrow. Sunday is a Spiritual Assembly for us in Independence, MO. Really looking forward to that!

Oh, and I fired up the lawnmower yesterday. Whoa - the lawn in the backyard was a foot long in places. Wore out the lawnmower to the point of it dying on me. Then I rolled it down below to the garage and pulled the cord about 5 times and Kapowee! It fired back up and I let it run for a minute or so. I'm fixin' ta head back out and mow here in a couple of minutes before the storm comes in tonight. The front yard looks great - I already mowed it.

Last edited by elkotronics; 04-21-2017 at 01:57 PM..

Old 04-22-2017, 04:48 AM

Good Morning Everyone. I hope you all have a good week end.

There have been large brush fires in my area. We are in the midst of a severe drought. Last night on my drive to the grocery store, there was a huge cloud of black smoke coming from the next town over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.