Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 07:32 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
Elko, I used to rescue both cats and dogs and they all lived in harmony. But all it takes is one dog to initiate a chase (even if it's playful) and the pack mentality sets in and the cats end up as 'prey'. So no more kitties for us. I love ALL animals, and wish I could save every one of them. I am especially drawn towards the most 'needy' animals, so I admire your dedication towards your blind kitty.

And because this is technically the "Grief and Mourning" board, I will say that I truly grieve and mourn all the animals who are killed/euthanized daily. I have not yet experienced the loss of a close (human) family member, as both my parents, siblings and spouse are currently living. The simple fact that I have often been incapacitated by the passing of any of my animals, makes me wonder if I am even capable of handling a human loss. It is beyond my comprehension, which I why I am so amazed and inspired by the people here who manage to "carry on" after losing a loved one.

I don't do well with "loss"
But I know it's a fact of life.
I think it was good for you to bring it back to the Grief and Mourning theme. Since my losses and grief are resolved by time and circumstances....I don't have much to offer in that department. I also think cyn is dealing with Life After Loss.....and Loneliness more than daily grief....but I might be wrong.

Old 11-04-2017, 04:36 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
I admire those who help and care for the needy animals! For me this thread is a place to mourn and grieve no matter what it is and try to keep moving forward by sharing and helping others who may be going through something similar. And for me it is a place to enjoy my friends! I think loneliness becomes a part of grief and trying to find yourself!

Old 11-05-2017, 05:34 AM

Good Morning Friends:

This morning I will be attending my Quaker Meeting and staying for the monthly potluck dinner. I am bringing that vintage recipe for appetizer meatballs (with bbq sauce and grape jelly in crockpot). I got them started at 5 am (day light savings time) so they will have plenty of time to heat up and simmer in the sweet and pungent sauce. They are beginning to smell good!

My dogs and DH are all sleeping; they are still on the old time clock....very quiet here in my house.

I heard from my son in Maine....who has been without water or power for the last 4 days after they got hit with a tropical storm. They finally got power restored yesterday afternoon and were able to clean out the fridge....shop and restock and even make home made beef stew.

He said they were feeling like zombies....living in the dark. They even lost their Yahtzee dice so boredom was the biggest problem.

I hope that you all have a good day.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:31 AM

815 posts, read 981,425 times
Good morning all!

I do not like the time change. I am more of an evening person than a morning person, so I prefer my daylight later

Elston, I love that meatball recipe. I almost always make it when I entertain. I did not even know there had been a tropical storm that hit Maine. I certainly feel for your son being without power. Was it cold up there? We were without power for 5 days here with that last hurricane, but our problem was the heat!

Hope Elko is enjoying his new job and home.

Cyn, how are you and your fur babies doing?

Have a great day everybody!

Old 11-05-2017, 07:03 AM

I'm not a fan of the time change either...sigh....evenings are the hardest time for me. I have one kitty not feeling well this morning. He was sick in several places and he always loves his treats but won't even look at them today. I gave his some herbal medication for building up his immune system. Hope it helps!
It's damp and foggy this morning here.
Sorry your kids had to go without electricity elston----I hate that since I am all electric and on a well.
Time to shower and then off to church. Enjoy you day everyone!
Happy to see you here so much now Molly--means a lot!!

Old 11-05-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
Good morning all!

I do not like the time change. I am more of an evening person than a morning person, so I prefer my daylight later

Elston, I love that meatball recipe. I almost always make it when I entertain. I did not even know there had been a tropical storm that hit Maine. I certainly feel for your son being without power. Was it cold up there? We were without power for 5 days here with that last hurricane, but our problem was the heat!

Hope Elko is enjoying his new job and home.

Cyn, how are you and your fur babies doing?

Have a great day everybody!
It's back on and that is what is most important. He didnt complain about being cold....but I know it has been frosty at night where they are. They had a camp chem toilet to get them thru.....it was the dark and lack of music or TV that seemed to bother them most. They did both go to work....so spent some of the time in the land of the living.

My meatballs were very well rec'd.....all gone and many compliments.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:57 AM

Everyone here seems to be feeling pretty good--whew! I was pretty concerned about Rat-cat yesterday but he seems okay today. Very foggy and damp today. I work tonight and tomorrow is my MRI in Concord. It's calling for rain--ugh! I'm not a fan of driving that far without rain much less in the rain. But I've done it beofre and will do it again tomorrow!
Your meatballs sound yummy elston. So happy you enjoy your Quaker meetings so much!
It feels so good to come here and see all of you! Thank you!

Old 11-06-2017, 04:46 AM

Good Morning All. Hope we all have a good week.

Drive carefully cyn when you go to Concord for the MRI.

btw.....my meatballs were very popular at the potluck.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:01 AM

That makes it so worthwhile doesn't it elston---when others so enjoy what we cook!! Sounds delish!
I will drive carefully elston. It's at such an odd time...1 pm. Kind of messes up my feeding schedule for my animals but I guess they will be okay. With the hour drive to and from the clinic and another hour for the MRI well it takes a good part of my day!
My prayers go out to the victims and their families in that Texas shooting.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:00 AM

815 posts, read 981,425 times
Good morning. Cyn, I am glad your kitty is feeling better.
It is foggy here in north Florida today. We had some cooler weather here last week (in the 40's at night......BRRRR) but we are warming up again. I like living in north FL because we do get a change of seasons, but none of that snow and ice like when I grew up in Illinois.
We could use some rain here
Hope everyone has a great week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.