Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 01:38 PM

48,411 posts, read 22,109,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Happy birthday, Easton! How’s your knee doing?
Between worn out knee; hips and stenosis and nerve problems in my leg......I am having a hard time. Thank You for asking.....I try not to complain too much.

We are going out for supper to celebrate my birthday......I am looking forward to it.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:15 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,399,529 times
I am so sorry elston---I should have known it was your birthday. Well happy birthday to one of my bestest friends!! Enjoy yourself.
Oh Molly, now I know how I how I can feel that angel in you. All those fur-babies! They are a lot of work but worth it all.Thank you for being you!

Old 11-02-2017, 10:07 PM

354 posts, read 425,055 times
You are probably all asleep but just wanted to welcome Molly and say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to our Elston.

I hope your dinner out was enjoyable Elston, may all of your dreams and wishes come true!!!

Cyn, hope all is well with you and your fur babies.

You are all awesome people and it has been a privilege for me to be here and read all of your posts and to watch Cyn grow.

Old 11-03-2017, 04:37 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,399,529 times
It sure is a positive to hear others say I have grown because so many times I feel like I am falling backwards. The reality of life is not an easy pill to swallow sometimes! Just to hear others say they see me growing makes me feel stronger! With the holidays quickly approaching I feel concerned so you will all probably be seeing me up here once again on a regular basis. This is a very difficult time for anyone going through losses or just being alone. So hopefully we can all be there for each other!

Old 11-03-2017, 06:19 AM

Good Morning Friends.

It is good to see new and old friends posting and sharing.

There is an old children's song that Huddie Leadbelly sang, "You Can't Lose-a Me, Charlie...."

Cyn I will be here......you can't lose me either. I dont always know what to say .... but I will be here.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:13 AM

816 posts, read 993,359 times
Good morning everyone! Yes, Cyn, many times when I read of everything you are going through I am totally in awe of how well you seem to handle everything. I know it isn't easy (because life is HARD) but you keep pushing forward. You are a brave, strong person and I admire you.

Elston, the puppies are probably yellow lab/hound/shepard/chow mixes, based on appearances. Mama dog was with them, but she had been feral for 5 years and was unable to be captured. There were originally 8 puppies and one was hit by a car and killed. We helped a rescue group catch the remaining 7 puppies and agreed to foster them. Then the rescue group basically abandoned them to us, so we were able to find homes for 4 of the puppies, and still have the three here. The girls we have are still very skittish and fearful of humans. They come in and out of the house through the doggie door, and play with the other dogs. We just can't make any sudden moves or they panic.

We love them anyway, and they are fully vetted and spayed and microchipped, so maybe someday they will be able to find homes. If not, we are committed to keeping them here with us.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
Good morning everyone! Yes, Cyn, many times when I read of everything you are going through I am totally in awe of how well you seem to handle everything. I know it isn't easy (because life is HARD) but you keep pushing forward. You are a brave, strong person and I admire you.

Elston, the puppies are probably yellow lab/hound/shepard/chow mixes, based on appearances. Mama dog was with them, but she had been feral for 5 years and was unable to be captured. There were originally 8 puppies and one was hit by a car and killed. We helped a rescue group catch the remaining 7 puppies and agreed to foster them. Then the rescue group basically abandoned them to us, so we were able to find homes for 4 of the puppies, and still have the three here. The girls we have are still very skittish and fearful of humans. They come in and out of the house through the doggie door, and play with the other dogs. We just can't make any sudden moves or they panic.

We love them anyway, and they are fully vetted and spayed and microchipped, so maybe someday they will be able to find homes. If not, we are committed to keeping them here with us.
You are doing an mitzvah or spiritually commanded good deed by rescuing and homing those puppies. I wish the momma could have been caught and neutered and released back to her home area. I wonder how the other pups are faring in their new homes. I am sending them good wishes from afar.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:43 AM

We do have contact with the owners of the other puppies, and by all accounts they are doing well. They are all a little timid and skittish, but not to the degree of our girls (Maggie, Sarah, and Riley).

Mama dog would have had a very poor prognosis, and most likely would have had to be euthanized. Which while sad, would ultimately have been for the best. She has been feral for 5 years, and according to the people who lived where she "hung out", she had litters every year and the puppies all ended up dead. The people are very trashy and ignorant, and most likely owned the mama dog, but claimed she had just been hanging around for 5 years. She was severely underweight and had mange, and survived by scavenging through the huge pile of trash the people threw out in their yard. It breaks my heart.

We live in a very rural area, and unfortunately this is not uncommon. Too many unwanted dogs and ignorant, cruel people.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:32 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,583,168 times
We live in a very rural area, and unfortunately this is not uncommon. Too many unwanted dogs and ignorant, cruel people.

This kind of thing breaks my heart but you are doing such a good thing, mollybygolly. I love dogs so much and our two are a handful. We have two 11 year old rescue cats as well, one is a grey cat named Matty. He recently went blind. Sometimes deep in to the night he'll howl out in despair. It hurts to hear that - usually, when Matty's howling out, he just needs the human touch to satisfy him.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:01 PM

Elko, I used to rescue both cats and dogs and they all lived in harmony. But all it takes is one dog to initiate a chase (even if it's playful) and the pack mentality sets in and the cats end up as 'prey'. So no more kitties for us. I love ALL animals, and wish I could save every one of them. I am especially drawn towards the most 'needy' animals, so I admire your dedication towards your blind kitty.

And because this is technically the "Grief and Mourning" board, I will say that I truly grieve and mourn all the animals who are killed/euthanized daily. I have not yet experienced the loss of a close (human) family member, as both my parents, siblings and spouse are currently living. The simple fact that I have often been incapacitated by the passing of any of my animals, makes me wonder if I am even capable of handling a human loss. It is beyond my comprehension, which I why I am so amazed and inspired by the people here who manage to "carry on" after losing a loved one.

I don't do well with "loss"
But I know it's a fact of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning