Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2018, 07:33 AM

815 posts, read 982,068 times

Advertisements

Good morning all.
Congrats cyn on your new 'job'. It's perfect for you and the extra money is always good.
Ticks are bad here this year. I have found several of them on the dogs and on me!
Fortunately I usually feel them crawling and get them before they bite me. Not so lucky with the dogs
Hope everyone has a great week. Seems like we are all continuing to move forward and taking positive steps towards the future!

Old 04-30-2018, 07:50 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
cyn - congrats on getting involved and connected to a new way to earn some money. You'll do fine, but, as elston has pointed out, do look into contracts. Our boarder connection here in Alamogordo lets us pay when we pick up our dogs from being boarded at her place, but we're reliable types. Probably most all of your clients will be reliable and pay on time, but not all will. Look in to it for sure.

Busy day today - field service, meeting at work tonight and worship meeting tonight. Whew! Gonna be tired when it's all done. One more full day off tomorrow - I'm going to clean the inside of my car, cut back bushes away from the house and paint the trim around the garage in front of the house. Plus, anything else we can find that would help us tidy up our car and house.

The lady at the Motor Vehicle Division in town told me that I have 6 months in which I can register our car in New Mexico. I've already had the title transferred to their office, now I just need to show up with money to pay their registration fee + office fees, my NM driver's license and my proof of insurance on the car and we'll get it done. But my wife says why go do it if we have 3 months left of the 6 months? I'd just as soon get it done, it's around $175 to transfer my registration over to New Mexico (that includes their office fees) but next year it'll only be something like $60 to renew. So stuff like this is what I'm dealing with still as we continue to settle into southern New Mexico living.

We're so glad our A/C is working fine and didn't need to be replaced. And the few plumbing fixes got done affordably. elston - did you get your roof fixed OK? You probably updated us but I can't remember.

We love our new to us house! Have great Monday's everyone!

Old 04-30-2018, 08:02 AM

48,148 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
cyn - congrats on getting involved and connected to a new way to earn some money. You'll do fine, but, as elston has pointed out, do look into contracts. Our boarder connection here in Alamogordo lets us pay when we pick up our dogs from being boarded at her place, but we're reliable types. Probably most all of your clients will be reliable and pay on time, but not all will. Look in to it for sure.

Busy day today - field service, meeting at work tonight and worship meeting tonight. Whew! Gonna be tired when it's all done. One more full day off tomorrow - I'm going to clean the inside of my car, cut back bushes away from the house and paint the trim around the garage in front of the house. Plus, anything else we can find that would help us tidy up our car and house.

The lady at the Motor Vehicle Division in town told me that I have 6 months in which I can register our car in New Mexico. I've already had the title transferred to their office, now I just need to show up with money to pay their registration fee + office fees, my NM driver's license and my proof of insurance on the car and we'll get it done. But my wife says why go do it if we have 3 months left of the 6 months? I'd just as soon get it done, it's around $175 to transfer my registration over to New Mexico (that includes their office fees) but next year it'll only be something like $60 to renew. So stuff like this is what I'm dealing with still as we continue to settle into southern New Mexico living.

We're so glad our A/C is working fine and didn't need to be replaced. And the few plumbing fixes got done affordably. elston - did you get your roof fixed OK? You probably updated us but I can't remember.

We love our new to us house! Have great Monday's everyone!
Thanks for asking about our roof. The re roof has been approved by the insurance company and we have rec'd the first check to get started. Now we are waiting for the HOA to approve the project before the contractor can order the tiles; it takes time. Big job.

I am so glad that things are going so well for you in the new home. Wishing you lots of success in the new job and in the new community.

Old 04-30-2018, 07:34 PM

Good Night All; see ya in the AM

Old 05-01-2018, 12:12 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
Sounds like you have a handle on the new roof job. And yes, that is a big job. I did some roofing back in 1978 in the Seattle area. $3.50 an hour, sometimes the working conditions were really hot, not a lot of affirmation as to how you're doing, good or bad. Tough job - big job - important job, too.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:13 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Everyone sounds so busy!
I woke up with my computer not working again! Ugh! Back to unplugging and plugging it back in and finally, after a few tries, it worked! Lowe's is suppose to be delivering my new washer between 8am and 10am. I'll just be glad to have it done. Not sure why but it has me so anxious! I can't have it brought in the back door which would be the easiest way because when my husband was taken by the ambulance the guys accidentally broke the door frame with the weight of the rolling bed so I can't have anything heavy put on it now. The front door has several steps but they got my dishwasher in that way although they did crack one of the stairs. That can be repaired someday I just hope these guys are very careful! I also think just getting this pet sitting worked out will help me relax! I'm sure it is only going to be a part time thing anyhow but a little extra money!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 05-01-2018, 10:36 AM

Not sure if I am just being tested or what!!!!! Lowe's guys got here with my new washer but can't get the old hoses off the faucet because of the rust and don't want to risk breaking the pipes inside the walls. Our water is well water and very hard. They would not put my new machine in until the new hoses are on. They refuse to be responsible in case a pipe breaks--which I do understand but now my washer is sitting in the hall and I sit here waiting for a plumber that I will have to pay to get the hoses off and install my new washer. I am at my wits end!

Old 05-01-2018, 05:27 PM

815 posts, read 982,068 times
Oh cyn, I am so sorry to hear that your new washing machine installation is not going smoothly.
Take a deep breath. You will get this figured out.
Please don't let stress and worry overcome you.
I know, easier said than done.
So many things are beyond our control.

Old 05-02-2018, 04:20 AM

Thank you Molly. It was a difficult day but it did all get worked out. My neighbor whose husband also passed away last year from ALS gave me the name of a plumber she has who does work around our church so he came by and finished up what Lowe's couldn't do. When I went to pay he told me God works in strange ways and it had been covered. WoW! I was stunned! I called my neighbor and thanked her and she just said she like to help out when she can. What a nice person. The plumber made sure the machine ran okay basically by running a rinse to check out how well it drained but I have yet to even use it...today I will.
Hope today proves to be a very good day for everyone!

Old 05-02-2018, 05:44 AM

cyn......you really are blessed and there are angels hovering round. I know that you are aware of this....but it is good to stop and think on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOT0XsqlW6w

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by elston; 05-02-2018 at 05:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning