Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2018, 07:33 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times

Advertisements

Good Evening cyn......all ok here.

I had an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon....and I am going to have knee replacement surgery.....nervous and a bit overwhelmed here.....lots to do to get ready. He said if I were his older brother that would be his recommendation....and then we can see about the other issues. (Hips and spine) I feel relieved the decision is made....nervous about the classes and exercises and planning that needs to be done.

Good Night

Old 08-03-2018, 03:40 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times
Good morning everyone!
Oh elston, I know right where you are coming from. My shoulder probably was not as involved as what you are looking at but it was bad enough. I am so bad at doing the exercises so I was happy to have my doctor tell me just using it would be fine! Seems like the older we get the more breaks on us! At least they can do repairs now and that is good. My girlfriend that stayed with me after my surgery had 2 knee replacements and an hip replacement in the last couple of years and has done very well! I pray the same for you! I will keep you in my daily prayers my friend!
Still raining here--surprise!
Lots of issues at work and they are not good. I just hope they don't end up closing down this store eventually. Makes for a lot of stress for me. I've so got to learn to let it go.........
I am blessed and have so much to be thankful for--time to concentrate on that!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 08-03-2018, 03:46 AM

I forgot to mention my manager took a counterfeit 100$ bill last night. When I went to the bank to make the deposit of course their machine spit it out. That is our loss! My manager should have run it through our machine that detects counterfeits but didn't so now we lose.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:52 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Good Evening cyn......all ok here.

I had an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon....and I am going to have knee replacement surgery.....nervous and a bit overwhelmed here.....lots to do to get ready. He said if I were his older brother that would be his recommendation....and then we can see about the other issues. (Hips and spine) I feel relieved the decision is made....nervous about the classes and exercises and planning that needs to be done.

Good Night
I’m right where you are, Elston. Knee replacement on 9/5, and I have back and hip pain also. I am hoping that fixing the knees will affect the other joints positively. I don’t know about you, but I’m sure my hobbling around throws everything else off. Is your second knee ok? Both of mine are equally bad.

Cyn, don’t worry about things that you have no control over, and may or may not happen. If your store closes, you’ll get another job....maybe a better one.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’m right where you are, Elston. Knee replacement on 9/5, and I have back and hip pain also. I am hoping that fixing the knees will affect the other joints positively. I don’t know about you, but I’m sure my hobbling around throws everything else off. Is your second knee ok? Both of mine are equally bad.

Cyn, don’t worry about things that you have no control over, and may or may not happen. If your store closes, you’ll get another job....maybe a better one.

We do sound like we are in the same boat. My right knee is decidedly worse...and I also think the way I compensate has aggravated the hips. The back might improve after I get the knee taken care of. I am sorry it is both knees for you.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:59 PM

Our beagle girl is doing so much better.....still the same issues....pills don't change her orthopedic situation from the amputation...but she isn't is so much pain and even went out in the backyard on her own to do her "business" and then she laid out in the yard for a little while. I have cut her food portion almost in half...she needs to lose weight and that will make a big difference....its hard....this girlie lives to eat.

Old 08-04-2018, 03:40 AM

You are such a good fur baby daddy elston. I am beyond happy to hear the news about your beagle girl doing better! A good way to start out my day.
I have been cut back to 3 days at work once again. I feel like a yo yo! Hopefully my girlfriend/hairdresser comes by today to look at my figurines and also discuss her possibly living here for however long. If it is meant to be it will be!
Even though I really need that extra day at work for the $$ I also need to remember my physical limits and this 3 day work week may just help me heal faster right now. I am pretty sore. At least now I will only have one late night to work.
My son is suppose to be bringing me a new computer on Monday so I just pray that goes in without any problems. I really need a new computer!
I hope today brings good things to all and everyone is blessed!

Old 08-04-2018, 05:14 AM

Good Morning All. Cyn hoping that the computer works out and that you have good news about your girldfriend movingi in....the help, company and financial benefits could all really help. Hoping for the best.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:42 AM

I agree elston but she has lived alone for several years and so have I so it's not always an easy thing to do--live with someone else. Of course I would love it for all those reasons you pointed out but maybe she's not feeling the same. She missed coming this morning as she decided to go to a craft show and purchase some items. I get it....it is what she is trying to get into--making her own jewelry to sell and she is good. We'll just see what happens. Meantime my male friend called and wants me to go with him to a car show a couple of hours away. I figured why not! So that's where I'll be today.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I agree elston but she has lived alone for several years and so have I so it's not always an easy thing to do--live with someone else. Of course I would love it for all those reasons you pointed out but maybe she's not feeling the same. She missed coming this morning as she decided to go to a craft show and purchase some items. I get it....it is what she is trying to get into--making her own jewelry to sell and she is good. We'll just see what happens.
That is all true....and sometimes it takes a little space to maintain the friendship....so if it works out...good....if not.....no worse off....unless it ruins a good friendship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.