Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 11:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times

Advertisements

I spent my morning mowing. It has to be a "mans thing" because I just want to get it done. At least Ihave all but the dogs yard and around the shop done. That only will take about an hour. Maybe tomorrow. Now I need to get to listing a few items.

Old 09-26-2014, 12:13 PM

14,955 posts, read 12,162,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Hi everyone!

Cyn, fingers crossed for the truck! Hoping for a quick sale.

We're back home. Our little vacation was short but great.

Cyn (and everyone), I hope this will cheer you up a little:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...baby-suds.html

Big hugs.
Thanks for sharing those pics of Miranda- what a cutie she is!

Hope you're all feeling better and glad the vacation was a great one.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Well, not new new but new for me. I can't afford payments so whatever I get for my truck I can spend on a car. I almost think feeling good and having friends here is making it even harder now. I am so sad. Coursle this gloomy weather isn't helping. Time to get out of the house but I am so concerned about even driving the truck....oh well, I'll put a for sale sign in it maybe now!

((((Cyn)))), you're bound to feel that way, and I know what you mean about the happy and feeling good with your friends makes the reality when they aren't there even harder.

You'll make it, Cyn, it's a little by little process, for sure, and you're plugging along admirably- not that you can think so when you're in the middle of dealing with your loss and the grief, but you show your bravery and determination to get through it every day... I hope your friends and others close to you will be there for you, and provide some real life support and comfort as you go through this.

And you'll like the little new car when you get it- just make it heavy enough ( or 4 wheel drive) to be able to drive safely on those winter roads..

((((Cyn))))

Old 09-26-2014, 03:25 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Good luck CYN!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-27-2014, 04:59 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times
I hope you have a good day and good weather so you can do the dogs yard and be done......for a little.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:03 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,324,343 times
Good morning everyone
Cyn, I'm glad the pictures made you smile.
Big hugs

Old 09-27-2014, 08:41 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Nothing like a sweet baby to bring a smile for anyone!
For the first day in many the sun is shining--yes! But alas I have been stuck inside for the morning trying to list things. I had plans of checking out a new church tomorrow but my son called today and asked if I'd like to go apple picking with the family tomorrow up in the mountains. I have to drive to my sons house as the place we'd be going is in the opposite direction so I told him probably not this time.....then I started thinking about it---family, in the mountains so close to God and maybe just maybe not having to think about so much of what I have to do--you know--take a day off. I called my son back and he even said he'd give me $$ for gas. I told him no I could pay for that and it would be worth it to be with all of them. He is so anxious to have me be a part of his family again. It will be good. He is also taking a day off of work to go with me to check out cars at "Car Max" and just see what they might offer me for my truck. I was amazed at what the Dodge dealership told me it is worth with all of the extras and that isn't even including the new 26" tires which run close to $1,000 by themselves. They said the low end price--if it was not in great condition would be $10,000 and on up to $16,000 if it is in good condition. Well it is in great condition and the mileage is 83,000 which is about right for a 2007 truck. Anyhow, I'm happy I didn't sell it to that first guy. I don't plan on getting the max amount but at least I have room to work with now. I'm sure DH is watching over me and will help me with this too!
Yesterday was still sad and I couldn't sleep much last night. My mind was in a whirl about things that need to be done. Another reason I think taking tomorrow off will be good. I'm really working on baby steps but my mind is not patient sometimes..ugh!

Old 09-27-2014, 09:15 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,194,030 times
Sudcaro looking at baby Suds pics I could only think "look at that smile she would make it very hard to tell her no to things". Glad you were still having a good family time even with inclement weather.

cyn hope you are having a great time getting closer to God & your son. Good luck on selling the truck & finding a car that fits your needs better.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Nothing like a sweet baby to bring a smile for anyone!
For the first day in many the sun is shining--yes! But alas I have been stuck inside for the morning trying to list things. I had plans of checking out a new church tomorrow but my son called today and asked if I'd like to go apple picking with the family tomorrow up in the mountains. I have to drive to my sons house as the place we'd be going is in the opposite direction so I told him probably not this time.....then I started thinking about it---family, in the mountains so close to God and maybe just maybe not having to think about so much of what I have to do--you know--take a day off. I called my son back and he even said he'd give me $$ for gas. I told him no I could pay for that and it would be worth it to be with all of them. He is so anxious to have me be a part of his family again. It will be good. He is also taking a day off of work to go with me to check out cars at "Car Max" and just see what they might offer me for my truck. I was amazed at what the Dodge dealership told me it is worth with all of the extras and that isn't even including the new 26" tires which run close to $1,000 by themselves. They said the low end price--if it was not in great condition would be $10,000 and on up to $16,000 if it is in good condition. Well it is in great condition and the mileage is 83,000 which is about right for a 2007 truck. Anyhow, I'm happy I didn't sell it to that first guy. I don't plan on getting the max amount but at least I have room to work with now. I'm sure DH is watching over me and will help me with this too!
Yesterday was still sad and I couldn't sleep much last night. My mind was in a whirl about things that need to be done. Another reason I think taking tomorrow off will be good. I'm really working on baby steps but my mind is not patient sometimes..ugh!
Cyn, I'm so glad you opted for the apple picking and the time with your family. Being able to spend the time with your loved ones, that fresh air outside and in a beautiful setting, ( mountains!) will pick you up physically and be a balm for your soul! I hope the day is sunny and beautiful all day long. And now that you mention it, no one deserves a day off more than you do.

I'm so glad, too, that your son will be helping you sell your truck- I guess you're finding out that dealers tend to lowball vehicles (that's happened to me and it makes me mad to even think of it), that is unless the vehicles are attached as a trade-in for a new one, in which case they'll give you more but immediately increase the price of the new vehicle to make up for it. Grrrrr...

Anyway, good luck with it. And enjoy your day with your family to the fullest.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:36 PM

819 posts, read 1,593,172 times
I'll bet you will have lots of fun with your son and his family. I am so happy he's willing to help you with selling the truck and finding you just the right car for you! Have fun sweetie.

Sud, Miranda is so beautiful! She could make anyone feel better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning