Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2015, 11:33 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,337,647 times

Advertisements

I have electric too--not nearly as easy as gas!

Old 05-31-2015, 02:33 PM

48,209 posts, read 22,035,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I cook my rib eyes on a fry pan too. Turn it up to high, let it heat up to almost smokin', put a little butter in the pan, drop the steak in. Sear on both sides, cook for 2 minutes one side, turn, turn down heat to medium, cook other side for 3 minutes and voilá. A nice medium rare rib eye. Hmm, just made myself hungry! I miss my gas stove.

Glad to hear it was a good service today, cyn.
Just a note for cyn.....when the ribeye goes on the hot pan...it seizes up for a minute...dont try to force it up to move it....it releases once it gets the sear....I cook my 3/4 inch steak about 4 0r 5 mins on one side turn over and about the same on the other....(maybe a little less) then remove from pan and wrap in aluminium foil to rest for about 8 mins.....(fix your sides during this time so you dont rush it)....this allows the juices to return into the meat..and keep it nice and juicy).

Old 05-31-2015, 04:59 PM

Yummmmmm...gonna pick up a rib eye tomorrow and have my first steak by myself! Thanks for the hints on what to do!

Old 06-01-2015, 05:06 AM

We had some wicked downpours last night--needed the rain but all at once? Guess I'll have to put off mowing for another day as the grass is to wet now. I have lots to do in the house. I hung the blanket that I had under the honeysuckle bushes on his fence to dry out a bit and washed the rash on his neck--I think it's getting better--I hope! Went to a balloon twisting class last night at the church--it was fun and I will enjoy teaching my grand children what I learned. There is so much you can do with balloons it's crazy!

Old 06-01-2015, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Yummmmmm...gonna pick up a rib eye tomorrow and have my first steak by myself! Thanks for the hints on what to do!
You go girl. Enjoy!

Old 06-01-2015, 06:14 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,576,663 times
Morning Cyn and friends. Cyn, with the really wicked winters here, at least 6 months in a year we end up making things on the cast iron pan. When I first came to Canada, I used to cry...where is the sun?!
Good to know that the service went well yesterday.

I started praying. Again. It feels weird, I had been out of touch. I keep reminding myself that I am praying because I want peace, not because I am expecting to see miracles.
It poured non stop over the weekend. It's a beautiful day here now.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:47 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,331,577 times
We had a thunderstorm here last night, and there are more in this week's forecast. Gray skies today, so probably more rain on the way. Summer weather!

Cyn, I'm glad you are taking part in activities at your church, you need to do fun things! Balloon twisting class? How original!

Old 06-01-2015, 09:29 AM

Honestly Sudcaro it's so hard and I really have to make myself go and do anything. But I know if I don't there will not be much healing and I need to heal. It's quite humid and hot here today but it's suppose to cool off in a day or two and then I can mow--if it doesn't rain! My house could really use a good cleaning but I just don't have the energy today.....ugh! I did vacuum my bedroom and bag up 3 bags of my DH's clothes---and that really was emotionally hard! Now to take them to the Christian thrift store! I am waiting to see if 2 people pay for their items they bought before I go so I can do everything in one trip--the PO, thrift store, take in my trash to the local trash collection place and go to the grocery store.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:39 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,227,354 times
LOL, elston, I think I must like my steak a tad rarer than you. Maybe mine are a touch thinner too. Whatever, they sure are good, are they not?

If you do get a rib-eye, cyn, good luck and hope you enjoy! A grill is too messy on cleaning and up keep for just me. I enjoy cooking inside. I'm actually not a big fan of bbq cooking.

That's great to hear about teaching the grandkids about balloons! You will amaze them!

Stormed here for a little over an hour yesterday evening. We got 3.13" in that time! It's cold here! 47° when I went to bed and 48° when I woke up at 7 this morning. Still only 50° now. MOTS tomorrow. I was wearing sleeveless and shorts yesterday and a sweatshirt and flannel today.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
LOL, elston, I think I must like my steak a tad rarer than you. Maybe mine are a touch thinner too. Whatever, they sure are good, are they not?

If you do get a rib-eye, cyn, good luck and hope you enjoy! A grill is too messy on cleaning and up keep for just me. I enjoy cooking inside. I'm actually not a big fan of bbq cooking.

That's great to hear about teaching the grandkids about balloons! You will amaze them!

Stormed here for a little over an hour yesterday evening. We got 3.13" in that time! It's cold here! 47° when I went to bed and 48° when I woke up at 7 this morning. Still only 50° now. MOTS tomorrow. I was wearing sleeveless and shorts yesterday and a sweatshirt and flannel today.
It could be that my steaks are more like an inch......I like them pretty red ... not pink.....inside....and when I think they are getting done....I cut in a little bit to see whats going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning