Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 06:08 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,343,425 times

Advertisements

Sounds like me elston! I couldn't find any steaks that looked good at the store nearest me and the weather was getting bad so I didn't go to my favorite store for meats! Maybe today although looks like the same kind of weather--really nasty! But my neighbors did bring me a Subway sandwich and that hit the spot! I am going to the post office but may not be heading any farther out with the weather so unpredictable....We'll see...

Old 06-02-2015, 08:40 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,235,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
It could be that my steaks are more like an inch......I like them pretty red ... not pink.....inside....and when I think they are getting done....I cut in a little bit to see whats going on.
I sneak a peek sometime too, elston.

Rain here too, cyn. Rained all night too. How does your new car do in the rain? Is it still white or getting muddy? My black car had a sheen of yellow from pollen and no rain for almost all of May. Dirty birds too.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:36 AM

I just got a very upsetting phone call....my step daughter called to tell me my other step daughter, the one that came out to help and stay here a few days was killed by her husband and then he killed himself. I don't know any details yet but I do know she had asked for a divorce and went home to pick up some of her things when it happened last night. I am very sad right now....

Last edited by cynwldkat; 06-02-2015 at 11:35 AM..

Old 06-02-2015, 11:56 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,213,139 times
That is horrible cyn! I'll pray for you and the rest of the family I can not imagine going through something like that nor understand how a person can get to that point. Big hugs sweetie.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:36 PM

48,223 posts, read 22,042,601 times
Cyn......I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your step daughter. How terrible!

My son works as an outreach worker and on the "hot line" at a domestic abuse agency,. He always says when someone comments...."why do they stay with them?" that a woman is in the greatest danger when she decides to leave an abusive spouse.....often they stay because they are afraid of what would happen to them or children or pets even. I am deeply saddened to hear of this loss.

We need to be aware of risks and be part of the network of allies to help prevent such tragedies.

Old 06-02-2015, 12:59 PM

I agree elston. The sad part is she had a group of allies and had been staying with them. For some reason she felt she had to go and get something--I have no idea what it was but that is when it happened. It angers me that her husband felt he had the right to take her life because he couldn't live without her....who thinks that way?? It's just to confusing. I can't concentrate on anything else right now. Of course there are always a few who take it upon themselves to blast it all over FB and sadly that is how her brother found out. Just sick....
I did call both of my kids and my DH's son so they would not find out like that. It's the attention seekers that do that sort of thing--wanting sympathy when it isn't even about them! Oh well, I can't change them but I do feel sad for the family. This girl, my step daughter, was the one who could actually make me laugh and smile. She didn't have the extra money but still found a way to get out here from Arizona to see her step dad before he passed away. She offered to come and stay with me to help me out after my DH passed but I knew she had a family and told her that is where she needed to be. I didn't know what was going on obviously.....

Old 06-02-2015, 01:58 PM

48,223 posts, read 22,042,601 times
Dear cyn...............how very tragic that she did go back and if it was essential that she didnt go with the police for protection. You are correct about people being less than discrete and how much pain that can cause.

The murder/suicide pattern is sadly not uncommon. Domestic abuse is all about control and the presumption that the other person is a possession or an extention of self.....so if the abuser feels they want to die....they also want to take the other with them.....so they have no chance of a life free from control. A woman is never as at risk as when she decides to leave.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I remember when she came out to see her father and to support you......she was obviously a good person.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:06 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,235,190 times
Oh my goodness, cyn. That is so terrible. She still trusted the SOB. What a tragedy. This is why I was so fearful for Maila.

I send ((hugs))) and my sympathies to you and the family.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:27 PM

All day long in the back of my mind I keep hoping it is a mistake, wrong identity but it has just been confirmed on the local news in Arizona giving their names. Now it really hit home.......It's all I can think about...

Old 06-03-2015, 05:08 AM

Had a very hard time sleeping last night--so much on my mind. The weather is cloudy, wet and stormy. No mowing again today! I think I need to just stay busy today....even if it's just listing and cleaning. I'd like to get out but I hate driving in this kind of weather--so unpredictable! Just have to turn it over to God!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning