Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 11:56 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
I don't mean it in a bad way...hope I didn't upset anyone
Oh gosh, no, Maila! No probs! Earl was my 3rd husband. #2 was the jerk who abandoned me and stole my money. Second marriages have even less success % wise I heard many years ago. "Third time's a charm."

Old 06-26-2015, 01:37 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times
So if and when I go for another man it would be my 3rd---sounds promising but not sure I could deal with another man right now. I still have to figure out who I am!

Old 06-26-2015, 04:17 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Cyn........you and medications dont seem to mix.....you know that by now.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:50 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,575,331 times
Cyn, Tami...that's why I fear leaving the current one; he had been brought up in a home where parents were separated and in our Indian culture, usually you don't go for second (he saw his dad physically abuse his mom for years and it really messed him up). Like they take, death do us part literally...but luckily, my parents support me in what ever decision I take...which is more than a lot of parents from my country I know of.

Cyn, like elston said, medication doesn't seem to fit well with you. Glad to know you are going to leave the anti depressants. If not Zumba, something else will come up.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:53 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,209,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Cyn........you and medications dont seem to mix.....you know that by now.
Correct, elston. Why don't you try a natural herbal something, cyn? I had a tough reaction to Wellbutrin. Took only a couple of days to know it wasn't for me. Like I have said before, St. John's Wort seems to be a good natural "anti-depressant".

Old 06-27-2015, 05:33 AM

You are all right! I do know my body and how it reacts to medications. This psychiatrist was so pushy for me to take a antidepressant and I knew I use to tolerate Wellbutrin but not this time around. But I only took it for a week and now I am off. I am a sucker for looking at the green on the other side of the fence and trusting doctors! Live and learn. Considering mowing today but it is pretty cloudy out....suppose to rain later today but maybe I can get it done in time before the rain. We'll see!

Old 06-27-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
You are all right! I do know my body and how it reacts to medications. This psychiatrist was so pushy for me to take a antidepressant and I knew I use to tolerate Wellbutrin but not this time around. But I only took it for a week and now I am off. I am a sucker for looking at the green on the other side of the fence and trusting doctors! Live and learn. Considering mowing today but it is pretty cloudy out....suppose to rain later today but maybe I can get it done in time before the rain. We'll see!
I think Doctors and therapists have seen really good response to medications....so when they see someone who exhibits depression......they want to be healers......to make it all better.....so they prescribe what has worked for others.

If only they would rely on their skill as counselors.....to trust the relationship between patient and therapist to have some efficacy.....rather than trusting a pharmacological intervention. They sell themselves short.
It is true that if medication works....it is easier,takes less time and is less expensive.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:14 PM

I agree elston. But for me therapy is so much better and knowing I have God/Jesus to lean on--he's never failed me! I guess I want something to happen like a miracle and things just take time....Oh my....
We have a wicked storm a brewing outside but I did get my whole yard mowed--it was so muggy and hot. All the critters are fed and hunkering down for the night. My TV will go out right away..satellite always does. It's a good thing I don't depend on it much. Had a nice long chat with my Amber--she has a lot of wisdom for her age! I am so proud of her.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I agree elston. But for me therapy is so much better and knowing I have God/Jesus to lean on--he's never failed me! I guess I want something to happen like a miracle and things just take time....Oh my....
We have a wicked storm a brewing outside but I did get my whole yard mowed--it was so muggy and hot. All the critters are fed and hunkering down for the night. My TV will go out right away..satellite always does. It's a good thing I don't depend on it much. Had a nice long chat with my Amber--she has a lot of wisdom for her age! I am so proud of her.

I also agree with you.....and I have been there too.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:43 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,856,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat
You are all right! I do know my body and how it reacts to medications. This psychiatrist was so pushy for me to take a antidepressant and I knew I use to tolerate Wellbutrin but not this time around.
Ya Alot of BIG PHARMA stuff IS NO GOOD and often can cause BAD REACTIONS...It didnt used to in the 80s and earlier but now they sure do!!!

Im so sorry you went thru this CYN and I hope ya feel better soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.