Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2016, 04:14 PM

218 posts, read 207,577 times

Advertisements

Sounds warm and cozy to me, makes me want to join them. It might help me sleep through the night. I'd of course want to good sleeping bag with hood and a dog on each side : )

Old 01-05-2016, 05:56 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Another very cold morning! Pretty but cold! I slept better last night but just feel "off". Probably just from being busier then usual. Even with the humidifier going and using the saline nose spray I still had another bloody nose this morning so I turned up the humidifier. I'm sure it has to be this cold dry air. Still scares me. Even with someone here I know she will be going home Sunday and pray I don't have any health issues. Worry won't help so guess I'll try to turn it over to God!
I loved your reply Jerry---you have such a good attitude regarding our fur-babies--makes my heart feel good! Thank you!

Old 01-05-2016, 06:55 AM

Too ways to stop a nose bleed are : Afirn (or any similar) decongestant spray (followed by some light pressure, and suppose a cool wash cloth. The spray shrinks the membranes. I also have on had a product called "Nasal Cease" It comes in a box of 4 or so, don't remember, for about $10 so a bit expensive.. but would not be used often, we can hope. It is a 1.5" square pad in a sealed wrap that can be opened when needed and rolled up like a tight cigarette and put in a bleeding nose.. can be used with Afirin I believe. This pad an also be used to cover any open wound, say do to a cooking knife cut that is bleeding too bad for just a band aid. I've never used the Nasal Cease, but being on Warfarin (Coumadin) I bleed worse than the average person and figure any help I can carry along may same my life. I purchased Nasal Cease from Amazon so I plan that type purchase to time I have enough to qualify for long delay and slow but free shipping. Otherwise the single item may be available at you pharmacy for no more than the Amazon with paid shipping.

I see no reason the Nasal Cease can't be used on animals. The same stuff is available in a powder form, I have that too. That's exactly what one could use when trimming a dog's nails and hits the wick.. bleeds. Baking soad is a lot cheaper but I don't know how either work, I haven't cut the wick on a dog nail in a long time.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:29 PM

Thanks for the information Jerry. My doctor's nurse recommended the Afrin too--sparingly of course--

As far as clipping the dogs nails---I've learned from my store that just plain old flour does the trick just fine! I have this expensive jar of medication I brought from CA for nail clipping but now I hear just the flour does just fine. I guess anything to stop it the bleeding. I personally have not tried it but I hear them tell customers all the time--even our groomers agree.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:23 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Im sorry its so cold for ya there CYN!!

Hopefully next week will be warmer

Old 01-06-2016, 05:26 AM

Well it is winter but we have had such odd weather here this year we were not conditioned---75 one week down to below freezing the next. It is suppose to warm up a little in a few days.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:21 AM

Today is a work day for me.....my girlfriend is going to stay here. They are cutting back our hours at work because regional company wants to save more money. Not sure how much I will be cut back...we shall see. Have a great day everyone!

Old 01-07-2016, 05:56 AM

Cyn, that's a mixed good news, bad new. More time to rest and get personal time in, earn less money. Do I recall correctly that you felt the store wanted more hours than you could comfortably provide? Maybe that was just for the Christmas shopping season.

Wishing you a balanced budget, even a surplus as you adjust spending to match with the changing income stream.

I'm getting the four remaining windows in my living room (it has six) replaced tomorrow. Hit it lucky, Friday here should not see freezing temperatures and in the 40s during the time I have periods with a missing window. Big double hun, about 36" x 60", lots of room for the outside to come inside. I know from their previous work there will be no more than about 10 minutes that hole will be wide open. Replacement window are of the "insert" type, they are manufactured for my window opening and come as a complete unit. My old window are falling apart. This is not a "dress up", it is a "fix up" which has the a dress up side effect : ) Yes, and a warm up too.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:15 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
I hope your day is G00D today CYN (You too Jerry)

Old 01-08-2016, 04:03 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Good Morning to everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.