Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2016, 02:04 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,347,374 times

Advertisements

Good to hear all went well. You are a good patient! You just take it easy and let those wonderful neighbors help you out. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:42 PM

48,234 posts, read 22,046,562 times
Sending wishes for an uneventual recovery.....glad it all went so well. I have a friend who had hernia surgery yesterday also.....he is home and says he is doing well. His brother is staying with him today...post op.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:06 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,894,402 times
Ahh Im so sorry Elston!!!!!

I hope he feels 100% s00n!!

Old 02-16-2016, 02:36 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,780,116 times
Jerry, prayers sent. I hope that you're still relatively pain free! Hey Cyn! If you have ta drive please be careful! Hi Elston, I pray that life is treating you well!

I feel sorry for Yall with all that freezing cold weather, I'm sitting here 3:30am and it might get down to 45° , the kicker is that by this afternoon it'll be 80°.

I'll definitely will be wearing layers today. But what a gorgeous day it will be.

I have to get dressed ugh. .. For a change I'll actually be busy.. too busy... I can't let myself become a shut in due to depression. ..

So I'm going to dress up to the nines, put my best foot forward and tackle the world! Period!!!

I just want Y'all to be safe, warm and happy!

Till next time,
Shh aka Stephanie. .

Blessings sent...

Old 02-16-2016, 02:39 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,780,116 times
Oops! Dude!!! You take care too!

Old 02-16-2016, 06:09 AM

This morning I go to the dentist for an evaluation on my tooth with the deep gum that keeps getting abscessed--but the more I think about it really the best thing to do that I can afford is to have it pulled. I know it's one of my main teeth and helps me chew food but I have to think in reality. I don't have the money to try different things only to end up with the same results. So for now that is sadly my decision. Maybe down the road I can get one of those permanent teeth put in--when I win the lottery!
We lost electricity last night--not sure for how long---I just hope by leaving the water barely running it didn't get sand in my water heater. I don't think it was out that long. My neighbor thinks it was out for only a few minutes.....
Time to shower and then go to the dentist. Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 02-17-2016, 05:16 AM

As my dentist started to go over options regarding my tooth (deep gum area) I explained to him I really don't have many options because of my financial situation. So he told me to just try my best to keep the area very clean and we can hope it won't infect again but if it does I want it pulled. I pray this works.
Looks like the bad weather is gone for now so I am enjoying the lovely sun.
My best girlfriend from high school called me yesterday to say she may be coming out for a visit in the end of March. She lives in Colorado with her daughter now. I am so excited---it's been years.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:35 AM

48,234 posts, read 22,046,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
As my dentist started to go over options regarding my tooth (deep gum area) I explained to him I really don't have many options because of my financial situation. So he told me to just try my best to keep the area very clean and we can hope it won't infect again but if it does I want it pulled. I pray this works.
Looks like the bad weather is gone for now so I am enjoying the lovely sun.
My best girlfriend from high school called me yesterday to say she may be coming out for a visit in the end of March. She lives in Colorado with her daughter now. I am so excited---it's been years.

Cyn......is that the friend who came to visit you back when your husband was still living? Was there a possibility of her moving and living with you? I thought I remembered something like that.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:28 AM

218 posts, read 208,103 times
Best outcome on the tooth, talk about pain, physical that is, we all have the other kind full time, or seems that way.

If the water off means you are worried about a well pump you're right, not sure how that affects water drain from a tank in the attic. Yes, I have a simple understanding of gravity, not to extend to the the space time-gravity theory, but it may be that water draining form the tank will be blocked by a vacuum created in the fill side. What is the heat source for water?

Heck by now all is back and working I hope.

I continue to heal from surgery wish the emotional system was as easily repaired. I plan to start to drive again tomorrow, day three, and take the longer drive to the dog shelter Friday.

Shh, wish I were there to celebrate your outing dress up. I try to wear a sport coat and slacks once and a while and even put on a necktie at any excuse. Shows my age, the "in" group likes to down dress, and even a jacket and tie is combined with jeans and sneakers uggg. If I went to church I could dress up on Sundays... hey, that may be the motivation I need, that and fear of death... oops...

Last edited by Jerry_NJ; 02-17-2016 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: correct to wish and Friday

Old 02-17-2016, 07:14 AM

Elston this girl has never been here. She moved a couple of years ago to Colorado from Lake Tahoe to live with her daughter and her family after a bad marriage. We have kept in contact over the years. The girl who came to visit while Gordie was alive was my friend who was just recently here and she would not consider moving from California and my DH's step daughter (the one that was killed by her husband) and she loved it here. This is my high school best friend. A wonderful positive person and I could use that right now. I did mention her before and wanted her to move here but for now it is just a visit. I also had another girlfriend who said she would move here but that ended up to be a bad situation. She never did even get out to visit. She needed me to pay for the move and I just don't have that kind of money. Then I didn't hear from her again so I don't know what happened. I just know I have to be cautious about anyone moving here.....
Jerry, my water heater is electric and located in the attic--imagine that--the attic. I have a well that pumps the water into a holder and then into the pipes (or so that is my understanding and I am by far not positive about it)....fingers crossed all seems to be working okay now.
I just poo cleaned my dogs yard---I think I am feeding them to much--Ha! Wow, 2 dogs really makes a big difference in the waste to be picked up! Guess I need to do it more often! It seems like I just did it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.