Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2016, 05:33 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,337,647 times

Advertisements

It's rainy here today but not to cold. I have to work so I'll be inside. I didn't sleep as well as I had hoped but I got a lot of rest. I do feel better at least getting my spring cleaning started! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Old 03-19-2016, 09:37 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,518,758 times
Same here - make the most of your Saturdays everyone. I'm enjoying some good internet browsing while I enjoy my morning coffee. I dreamed I was watching a Seahawk's game (my favorite NFL team) and was actually playing in the game from time-ta-time! Wow - a real humdinger of a dream there.

Enjoy your Saturdays!

Old 03-19-2016, 04:02 PM

218 posts, read 207,954 times
Cyn, have a good rest.

I understand the ups/downs... pray for more ups.

I worry about your sore arms, hope it is tired muscles .. and rest takes care of it. Do you take aspirin or anything, or is it not pain? Aspirin also reduces inflammation.

Last edited by Jerry_NJ; 03-19-2016 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: remove "is" a typo

Old 03-19-2016, 05:54 PM

Both of my arms have torn rotater cuffs, or so that is what the doctors have told me. I take Motrin for it. My right arm has been this way for nearly 7 years now and most of the time it is not bad now unless I really overdo it or turn it the wrong way....my left arm I did last year trying to put a full 5 gallon can of gas in a box in my car and it always hurts still. I too worry about the condition of my arms. I have always taken very good care of myself--but I had help then. Now it's just me and to take any time off for the surgery would cost as I would not be paid plus even with good insurance the cost of surgery is quite expensive so I just pray it will heal with time. I do wish I had more "off-time" for them to heal but it is what it is I suppose. I am very lucky my boss give me light duty work--when I hired on he was aware of the situation so I was blessed he would even consider hiring me. Today was very slow at work--guess the weather being rainy was part of the reason. Now it's windy and I'm about ready to crawl back under my covers to warm up! Have a blessed evening everyone!
And thanks Jerry for your concern--made me feel cared about and that is so nice!

Old 03-19-2016, 06:30 PM

Sorry about the hurt, worried about the damage. Clearly no more 5 gallon cans, I find them heavy to lift into the back of my pickup...which has high sides, I never go back to the tail gate.

I may have suggested before, there must be a senior center (here 60+, don't have to be on social security) that can give advice on qualifying for medical and other help. There is nothing wrong with getting help via Medicaid if you need it. Still you'd need time to recover from any surgery and I know nothing about rotater cuff surgery.

Rest will help, but you must not allow yourself to lift anything "too heavy" hope you can determine that before lifting. At work if there are cases of canned food, that may be too heavy, don't know, but hope you do. If you need help, tell a coworker you can't lift and need help.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:05 PM

48,209 posts, read 22,035,304 times
I am trying not to see this thru my political lenses.....but for a widowed lady who took care of her husband thru the worst of a dibilitating disease.....and who is not afraid to work.....but who has real incapacitating conditions.....not to have financial support from the government....in the richest country on earth.....while the top 10% worry about how to shelter their obscene income and pass it on tax free to their progeny; who use the SS income that they dont need to tip their cady or hair dresser........Well it makes me angry! It is so wrong.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:32 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,879,314 times
Yes it is Elston!!!!!

CYN I am so sorry,I didnt realise you were pain mostly everyday

Old 03-20-2016, 05:14 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,518,758 times
Same here, cynwldkat...sorry you're in pain. And I agree, some help from Uncle Same would be in order, for sure. Check it out when you have time, if you haven't yet. Might be worth your time!

Old 03-20-2016, 05:31 AM

I do receive a little of my x-husbands SS but it is not enough to survive on --- my reason for having a job--that and to have human contact. I guess I feel lucky to have a home, food and my animals. I know I need to have my medical problems looked into but I am afraid of what I may hear as far as cost and time involved. Not only do I have a job but my animals need me too. I know my neighbors would help with the animals but right now with Whitey being on his last leg I need to be here with him. Every day he is still alive is a blessing so I don't want to miss any of those days. And since I am still fairly new at my work I sure don't need to take any chances with taking time off. It's in Gods hands......

Old 03-20-2016, 06:17 AM

As I have been called out on similar charges: Elston's "political lenses" causes me to point out some of the inaccuracies and distortions intended to advance "the war on the rich". One case in point, Bill Gates (and other billionaires) give billions in charity contributions in part because their wealth is indeed deeply taxed when passed on in inheritance. I believe the federal inheritance tax free deduction is limited to $5 million, a lot of money but clearly in the range of a large number of people who eared it all by working hard and saving smart. All this money is the surviving money remaining after the owner paid high income taxes. And if such funds are available, the person also paid for all their long term medical care, not covered by Medicare and Not covered by Medicaid for those with any accumulated wealth.

The food stamp program has been greatly expanded under Obama and over 50% of the US population receives some form of government subsidies. My comments all along are to encourage Cyn (others) get all they qualify for. Not call this great country "bad".

On injuries: "Under the workers' compensation system, employers are required to purchase insurance that provides benefits to employees who suffer work-related injuries and illnesses. The system strikes a compromise between employers and employees: Employees get benefits regardless of who was at fault. The employers get law suit protection"

I believe your store manager is aware of this and would bring it to your attention if you suffer injury working in the store, further he/she would want to assure you are not injured. I further believe you qualify for some benefit if the injury was due to a per-existing condition. This should, I also believe, make your manager interested in protecting you from injury, including aggravation of old injuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.