Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2017, 05:49 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

I hate fires! They are so bad! I'm sorry for you all in that area elston!
I am so happy to hear you DP is doing so well.
I guess I will be mowing the dogs yard this morning. For some reason the man that has helped me in the past finished the main yard but didn't get the dogs yard. He may have been to tired or maybe just ran out of time. It's okay because that yard is small enough to give me a little exercise. I work tonight again. I was very proud of my dogs for not making a mess in the house last night--different hours always concern me. Now we have tonight that I work again--so far they have been doing very good except on Easter. Hopefully we can keep that from happening again.
Hope everyone has a beautiful day!

Old 04-22-2017, 07:52 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
I'm continuing to study for try #3 at the big 'ole Exam. Tomorrow is our Bible Assembly in Independence, MO. Saturday's are cool.

elston - stay safe and...cool.

cyn - sounds like your house is doing fine...or am I missing something? The plumbing repair seems to be working though, eh? Hang in there - we're all facing something. I can't blame anyone for getting a 66% twice on a $450 big 'ole Exam. I failed it. I will pass it next time.

MarciaMarshaMarcia - I heard some good news out of eastern War-shing-ton. The HR contact says the Manager is "keenly interested in my experience." If I were to get an offer for that job I face this: my wife is growing weary of dragging the animals across the country. Her Mom is in Chicago and we're in KC. I think that is playing a big part in this. Her Mom is 81. That too. A positive is that the job is north of Spokane 1 1/2 hours. There is a cool Amtrak train route that goes right through Spokane and heads east on the same train to Chicago. She won't want ta spend the money on sending her to Chi-Town ta visit her Mom.

I'll spend it for her. For her trip. Not for myself.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:00 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston
There have been large brush fires in my area. We are in the midst of a severe drought. Last night on my drive to the grocery store, there was a huge cloud of black smoke coming from the next town over.
Wow elston!!!!!!

I hope you all are OK buddy!!!

Old 04-22-2017, 06:09 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Wow elston!!!!!!

I hope you all are OK buddy!!!
I am fine but about 300 acres in the next town over went up in smoke and a number of homes were destroyed and lots of people displaced......it started from a cigarette tossed out a car window where parents park and wait for their kids to get out of school. Its amazing to me that they can pinpoint the origin and cause in the aftermath of an inferno.

Old 04-23-2017, 01:08 AM

Yes I am also amazed they can... Or can they??? (Who knows if what they determine it is,IS REALLY IT!!)

I feel bad for those people

Old 04-23-2017, 01:22 PM

They do an amazing job at figuring out where these fires originate. They have ways......
I went to church but am so tired I came hope and took a nap...hope I can still sleep tonight. It is rainy and chilly.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Old 04-23-2017, 03:02 PM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
My DH came home today from the USTA tennis tournement in Orlando.....they didnt win the tournment but were in the finals. It is so good to have him home and the 3 dogs have settled down now that "their Daddy is home". We had a hard rain this morning and it was a blessing....we have had such a prolonged drought and wild fires over the past several days in communities all around us.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:06 PM

Im glad ya had a good church day CYN

It always made me wonder why there are so many domoninations.... They should all get together and be 1!!!!!!!!! (We all love God right?)

Old 04-24-2017, 05:18 AM

I am also getting rain--lots of it and my dogs do not want to go out and go potty. I'm hoping for a small break and we'll make a quick run since this storm is suppose to last until tomorrow! A possible 4.5" of rain expected.
I'm happy your DP is home elston...I know what a relief it must be to have him there with you!
Dude, I often wonder the same thing about different dominations but when the time comes I think God will go by the hearts not dominations..just my opinion!
I'm happy for the rains for you elston! Hopefully it will help with those fires.
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 04-24-2017, 06:13 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am fine but about 300 acres in the next town over went up in smoke and a number of homes were destroyed and lots of people displaced......it started from a cigarette tossed out a car window where parents park and wait for their kids to get out of school. Its amazing to me that they can pinpoint the origin and cause in the aftermath of an inferno.
WOW!!! I am a smoker and that just makes my blood boil!! Extinguish your butts and dispose of properly!! People like that give all smokers a bad rap...grrrrr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.