Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 07:18 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,775,796 times

Advertisements

Wow!!! I'm still hanging around. I'm so glad everyone was blessed. When it rains it pours literally! Pun entended

Cyn, I have a female small breed rescue who will not go outside to poop! She'll tinkle outside, bark at everyone and anything no matter how big or bad. I feel your pain!

Her name is Miss Bippity Boo and her side kick is Scooter who is 8 years young. He's a Peek a poo.

Also in my feline family is Kingston, feral 8 years, Kitty Kitty Meow Meow a rescue, and...

Miss Lillie Bell.. Aso a rescue, she was rescued the week of Halloween...

Elston you're correct about when it is quiet, Oh congratulations to your special someone.

Elko, Congratulations! Yes God has a schedule, unfortunately not always to our liking. Looking backwards and reflection it was a blessings.... IMHO

Dude You are spot on about God and religion.

You're a kind man.

If I missed anyone, my apologies.

Have a wonderful hump day... ie Wednesday.

Regards, Stephanie

Old 04-26-2017, 08:02 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Good to hear fro you Stephanie! It's been awhile! Your house sound like my house--animal kingdom!
Work today and I didn't sleep one whole hour last night. Not sure why but maybe I'll make up for it tonight!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Old 04-26-2017, 08:14 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Elko, Congratulations! Yes God has a schedule, unfortunately not always to our liking. Looking backwards and reflection it was a blessings.... IMHO

shh1313 - you're right, Stephanie! This gig in mid-MO will fit me well as I get older (and sometimes...just possibly now...crankier!) because I will be on my own totally and completely! That means that if the equipment malfunctions (or when it malfunctions...because it always does) I will have to fix it. There is a call-line if I need help over-the-phone. Now to find a rental home that is not averse to 2 dogs (Chow, Pom) and 2 cats (rescue tabbies from the Willcox, AZ, pound).

Nice to meet you, shh1313!

Old 04-26-2017, 01:46 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

shh1313 - you're right, Stephanie! This gig in mid-MO will fit me well as I get older (and sometimes...just possibly now...crankier!) because I will be on my own totally and completely! That means that if the equipment malfunctions (or when it malfunctions...because it always does) I will have to fix it. There is a call-line if I need help over-the-phone. Now to find a rental home that is not averse to 2 dogs (Chow, Pom) and 2 cats (rescue tabbies from the Willcox, AZ, pound).

Nice to meet you, shh1313!

Good Luck Elko

Chows are the one dog I am afraid of.....and that is a prejudice....I have no experience with them...but they scare me......the only ones I saw were usually chained in the side yard of some suspect house and they looked "vicious" and the "Beware the Dog" signs dont help their reputation.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:17 PM

I understand, elston. She is a doll...she hasn't been taught ta be mean so she isn't mean. Once in Alamogordo, NM, Mrs. elkotronics and I were walking the two dogs down the street from our house.

"Let's go down this alleyway," I said.
"OK," the Mrs. replied.

Down the dirt road we walked and at about the one-block point a big-dog puppy came running out from someone's yard at us. Barking and diving towards us. Mrs. elkotronics took the Pom and held him above a garbage can. I just took the Pom's leash that came off his head and swung it at the big puppy. It connected a few times. These two young people heard what was going on and came over to help. This neighbor of the puppy's owner was no help at all - he decided ta taunt us!

Those two helpful neighbors helped us shoo away the little troublemaker puppy (looked a lot like a pitbull).

Later the Mrs. and I went to the front door of the house that this pup ran down to us from.

"Oh, I'm sorry. My puppy broke away from his chain! I am so very sorry!"

End of the story. It's too bad when you can't even walk your dog down the street, huh?

Old 04-26-2017, 04:41 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I understand, elston. She is a doll...she hasn't been taught ta be mean so she isn't mean. Once in Alamogordo, NM, Mrs. elkotronics and I were walking the two dogs down the street from our house.

"Let's go down this alleyway," I said.
"OK," the Mrs. replied.

Down the dirt road we walked and at about the one-block point a big-dog puppy came running out from someone's yard at us. Barking and diving towards us. Mrs. elkotronics took the Pom and held him above a garbage can. I just took the Pom's leash that came off his head and swung it at the big puppy. It connected a few times. These two young people heard what was going on and came over to help. This neighbor of the puppy's owner was no help at all - he decided ta taunt us!

Those two helpful neighbors helped us shoo away the little troublemaker puppy (looked a lot like a pitbull). Unless I know the dog....I am apt to stay away.

Later the Mrs. and I went to the front door of the house that this pup ran down to us from.

"Oh, I'm sorry. My puppy broke away from his chain! I am so very sorry!"

End of the story. It's too bad when you can't even walk your dog down the street, huh?
Yes it is too bad that people dont watch and/or socialize their animals. I know that the breeds with bad reputations; once it was german shepherds, then Dobermans, then Rotties, and now Pitpies.....and the chows and a few others are in that group too...........I do know that it is the HUMANs that are at fault....not the breed of dog. But unfortunately it is the "gangsters" who get those breeds and try to make them the meanest and badest dog on the street.

Last edited by elston; 04-26-2017 at 05:03 PM..

Old 04-26-2017, 05:26 PM

Yes it is too bad that people dont watch and/or socialize their animals. I know that the breeds with bad reputations; once it was german shepherds, then Dobermans, then Rotties, and now Pitpies.....and the chows and a few others are in that group too...........I do know that it is the HUMANs that are at fault....not the breed of dog. But unfortunately it is the "gangsters" who get those breeds and try to make them the meanest and badest dog on the street.

Exactly, elston. Isn't it true that a few people (or sometimes a whole bunch of people) ruin it for the rest of us? I know that Chow Chow's are on the "bad dog" list, and, elston, I don't feel annoyed that you mentioned it. I know it is truth.

But Meggy May the Chow Chow is such a doll. She is spayed and she has been loved for her whole life. I love that dog with all my heart and soul, and ya know what, she knows it! When we brought her home from Tucson to our Willcox home, our son came in the door and took one look at her and said "oh!"

He scooped her up and took her back to his room and absolutely spoiled her. She has been adored by my wife and I and our son (who's in Phoenix now) for her entire 9 years. But I know what you say - Chows are on the "bad dog" list.

Old 04-28-2017, 04:54 AM

Work was hard yesterday. I was so tired when I got home...and then took the dogs for their walk and fed the cats and dogs. I am sore today...sigh...and was hoping to try to shampoo this carpet in the den. That may have to wait for another day--we'll see.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 04-28-2017, 06:46 AM

Work was hard yesterday. I was so tired when I got home...and then took the dogs for their walk and fed the cats and dogs. I am sore today...sigh...and was hoping to try to shampoo this carpet in the den. That may have to wait for another day--we'll see.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

My wife and I went to the Kansas City Zoo yesterday. The Siberian Tiger that just stands feet from you all still and regal was once again our favorite. What a gorgeous feline - the sign said tigers are the largest feline - I always thought that lions were larger than tigers, but what do I know?

Everyone have fantastic Friday's!

Old 04-28-2017, 08:25 AM

Thanks for that share elko...I love the entire cat family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.