Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2017, 06:53 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,514,186 times

Advertisements

Ouch with the arm, cyn. Favor it as you can so it can heal.

Hello to everyone on here and have a great day!

Old 05-26-2017, 09:34 AM

48,183 posts, read 22,028,673 times
Elko when are you and your wife going to check out the job possibility. You have been on my mind.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:20 PM

Elko when are you and your wife going to check out the job possibility. You have been on my mind.

Hi, elston! We're driving over to western Kansas on Tuesday, starting out early in the morning. I was set to go a day or two ago but the Boss was winding down his work week and wasn't ready for me until next week. We're going to continue to research adjoining towns for housing - I found 2 rental houses that appear to take animals in the town of Hays, KS, that we might want to go take a look at. Our Hall would be there to attend our religious meetings, too. This should work for me, even thought it's 55 miles from my work. And that is because the work shift is during the day time. If it was night shift it would never work. I think the other Respiratory Technician wants to do the 6 days on and 8 days off work schedule, too. So this one might be mine, if the Mrs. and I both feel all right about it.

The HR Head said that she has some contacts that might be able to round up closer housing for us and that would be most appreciated. I am already decided that I will be candid when I'm walking around touring the hospital Tuesday about work duties and the kind of 'fit' I will be at doing them, so as to not waste everybody's time. It appears I will be able to do them and some may require some '1 on 1' Boss time to ensure I'm fit ta be let loose in the hospital ta do them. I feel better and better about the job requirements as time moves along - I think that the other "life issues" such as housing and getting my wife to a place that she can find work and/or shopping suitable for her without being able to drive are actually bigger issues now to us. I think I found a house on Craigslist (I know - I'll be careful - I found our last two excellent rentals on Craigslist) in Hays that will put her in a good place where she can be mobile while I'm at work.

I'll keep you all up to date. I've been getting tutored in Sleep and am planning at another attempt at the RPSGT Sleep Tech. Registry Exam in about 3 weeks. I need to get my Tutor's agreement on my fit and fitness to test before I decide to chuck $450 at it again.

Boogie on all of y'all - have enjoyable weekends!

Old 05-27-2017, 05:52 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,333,273 times
My goodness elko, you do have a busy life. I am so happy to hear things are going in the right direction for you and yours! Praying it turns out perfect! I am trying to pamper my arm but I have so much to do even here at home.....still I don't want to do any more harm to it so I work at taking things in steps!
Hope everyone enjoys this day!

Old 05-27-2017, 10:12 AM

I am just as busy when out of work as when working, it seems. We are going to do some weeding and planting of some flowers we recently bought later on. I am searching for work online now.

Yeah, take good care of that arm. We can rehabilitate our bodies on our own, though that is not my specialty or I'd give you some tips on it. My sister is a Physical Therapist and I bet she'd have some good recommendations for you. I hope your weekend is good and is restful for you, cyn!

Everyone enjoy your weekend!

Old 05-27-2017, 06:51 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,928,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I agree elko--positive input is always helpful especially for so many of the struggles so many face today! And for some reason this thread has drawn a group of such caring people! Very nice! We cover so much more then grief but for those of us going through grief getting to discuss life in general helps! It is that constant reminder that there is a real "life" still.
Hi I am new to this thread on Life after.............. My hubby passed Aug 19, 2016 of pancreas cancer gone to his lungs after his big whipple surgery. He survived almost 4 years A long time for pancreas cancer. Thought we had it beat. Sigh I am Chris almost 68 we were together 31 years married almost 25 before he died. I live in the middle of nowhere in Idaho in a tiny town of about 160 people give or take 10 since the last census. I have 7 kitties, some ferals outside,and one dog so I am not totally alone. The most common comment around here is please get out of the way. And if the phone rings you would think it was for them as they all get up and run in front of me to it.

So yes I am going through grief. Lost my first husband when I was 21 also from cancer. That grief session was such a disaster for me I vowed this go round was going to be different. I dearly miss hubby but we talked a lot about my life after, over the almost four years of his journey, and I am at peace with the decisions we made, which of course can be changed but I feel good about them being sensible for me for now after all I made some of them and he agreed. I know life changes and I need to be willing to change when needed. Hopefully not for a long time. I am retired.

I love my house and yard and pretend to be an artist. Hahaha. A bit crazy one and i love my color all around me. I know now I am the only one that can bring me Joy so I am doing my best to create it in every vista within and outside my house and life. And to make it easier for me to live here alone. I have no other family within 1000 miles. No children at all by choice. I do like my furbabies.

I am happy to come across a more positive site that addresses grief but does not waller in it. Um maybe waller is not a word my spell check is going nuts. Sorry. I spent four years knowing I was going to loose my hubby. I cried a river of tears before he was gone. For me for him for what we had and lost. Was a great 31 years. Now I want to be happy within my grief when at all possible. so this is my story and I am sticking to it.

So just jumping in here. Hope this is ok.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:40 PM

48,183 posts, read 22,028,673 times
Dear shades of...

So pleased to meet you; you bring a lot of experience and wisdom and a wonderful attitude. Consider yourself very welcome here. I am a long time friend of cyn's ; not actually grieving myself.....but stop by daily to support my friend. There are some very nice people who regularly post here.......and many of us are fond of animals. I have three rescue dogs....the last addition was supposed to be a short term foster placement.....but his home life didnt settle down enough for him to go back and at first he was just settling in and tolerating us.....but as tme went on....we all sort of fell in love with one another.

My family is myself,...my life partner (married) and the three dogs. Two of my sons live in Maine and a third lives in SC. I have a granddaughter in Maine and another in SC.

Again, welcome it was very nice of you to stp in and to introduce yourself.

Good Night ..... see you tomorrow.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:38 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,928,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Dear shades of...

So pleased to meet you; you bring a lot of experience and wisdom and a wonderful attitude. Consider yourself very welcome here. I am a long time friend of cyn's ; not actually grieving myself.....but stop by daily to support my friend. There are some very nice people who regularly post here.......and many of us are fond of animals. I have three rescue dogs....the last addition was supposed to be a short term foster placement.....but his home life didnt settle down enough for him to go back and at first he was just settling in and tolerating us.....but as tme went on....we all sort of fell in love with one another.

My family is myself,...my life partner (married) and the three dogs. Two of my sons live in Maine and a third lives in SC. I have a granddaughter in Maine and another in SC.

Again, welcome it was very nice of you to stp in and to introduce yourself.

Good Night ..... see you tomorrow.
Thank you for the nice Welcome Elston. I will catch you all tomorrow and hope to get to know you. Been a long work day in the garage but in the end I ended up with a lovely purple chandelier to put in my new carport patio. Now I just need to get brave enough to put the hooks up to hang it. Good night.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:53 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,872,031 times
Hello Shades,

Gracious for checking in here

Old 05-28-2017, 05:36 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,333,273 times
Welcome and thank you for sharing your story Shades! It actually sis give me a lot of insight. You are very positive and everyone can use that! I am finding grief very difficult but reading your post gives me more hope! Please do keep posting here as there are a lot of people who just read this thread but never post. It is a sort of life-line for many of them. They send me direct messages to thank me and the other posters here. So together we are helping each other and who can't use that kind of wonderful, caring help?! I am sorry for your two losses--one is hard enough but two.....
This is a friendly thread where we talk about lots of things including grief. I personally need to find more then grief so we tend to get off on many subjects---that is what life is about! We have become great friends here and elston and I have known each other for a long time starting with the food thread before the thought of care giving or grief ever entered my mind and he has stood by my side and held me up all the way. Now that is a good friend!!! Everyone here are good friends and caring so welcome!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.