Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 08:03 AM

48,190 posts, read 22,030,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
The lady I'm negotiating my job in Prescott, AZ, is going to ask the doctor for assistance for us. It's just too expensive to move there if we aren't going to get any help. I'm testing on Monday to get credentialed in my field. I am hoping to pass it this time as I've been tutored for a couple months and feel I'm ready. We love Arizona but it's so much money to move 1,200 miles away. So we'll see - I'll let y'all know.

Good Tuesday, all of you all!
We moved (with two dogs) from San Diego to Portland Maine......bought a house and then 3 years later sold it and moved to Florida. We drove our car on both moves....(I say "we" in actuality my spouse drove every mile.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:17 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,515,554 times
We moved (with two dogs) from San Diego to Portland Maine......bought a house and then 3 years later sold it and moved to Florida. We drove our car on both moves....(I say "we" in actuality my spouse drove every mile.

The joy of moving, huh?

Old 06-21-2017, 09:13 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,334,641 times
I drove from Calif to NC with 9 cats and a parrot! I had to rent an SUV just to fit the carriers in. My DH drove a moving truck. We had no place ready here so we stayed with a very caring friend for 3 months. My cats stayed in crates in a room in her home that I kept very clean and our friend fell in love with my parrot--who wouldn't!! So the parrot got to sit in the living room with my friend. Friends like that are hard to find! I love her! We finally found our home and moved in. There were some hard times with our move--mostly missing home--but in the beginning before my DH's ALS things were pretty good and we laughed a lot. We worked together trying to make this our home but took time to enjoy life too! I am blessed to have those memories and for me personally I want to once again find my life and have full plans on doing whatever it takes to find that!

Old 06-21-2017, 10:33 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,929,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Thank you all for your comforting words. My heart is heavy yet I am blessed that we had so many wonderful years and memories to share. He told our friend that morning, "my bucket is full, it's time for me to go." Love to the wonderful loving people here!
Such a wonderful way got DH to say he was ready. Bless his heart. Always a sad time right now for you and family. My heart breaks for you. Big hugs

Old 06-21-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Three months since my husband passed, now Saturday my Mom passed.
My grief for Mom is no where near the intensity of the grief for my husband. Perhaps because Mom was 84??
You have a lot on your plate right now. elston says exactly how I am feeling for you in much better words. So sorry for your pain.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I find I am overwhelmed with the sadness and emotional pain and am needing to take a break.
Elston I can certainly understand that. Even though I am part of the sadness and emotional pain I also need break time. Big hugs to you too for being here for us.

Sorry I have been MIA. I just flat out have been so busy painting and working around here I have been ignoring the computer. Maybe a good thing. Yesterday I was actually gone all day and home too late to paint but I was out there early this morning working again. Had to come in for coffee and maybe some thing to eat. I REALLY hate to eat in the mornings but have been told to for the med the doctor put me on for my hand pain Sigh. I think I will see if I can move the timing of the pills to later in the day and then evening too. Not sure how much I need to have in my stomach. DOH on me. Like will a string cheese be enough? I could choke that down. I am used to eating at noon and 7PM. Maybe a tiny snack in between if I get hungry. I rarely do.

OH well I am making painting progress on the back patio painting the underside of new dog house roof and decided to also paint the upright and cross posts. I would love to see the cyclone also painted but oh my what a terrible job and I do not want to buy more of this green paint so trying to use up what I have then maybe come back to do the cyclone when I am more ambitious.

I am into playing my classical piano music on the boom box and loving it. I am sure the neighbors are glad I have moved on from my 50's oldies and singing at the top of my lungs. Because I love to sing and Hubby loved to hear me to sing. I figures neighbors would frown on this performance at 8AM. LOL LOL LOL They frown at everything I do so nothing new.

Have the best day you all can folks. Cyn I am glad you are feeling a little better today. I have always heard a cold will last 7 days weather you treat it or not so just cut yourself some slack for this week. So glad I am in extremely good health. For now and for a long time to come Lord willing. And I thank Him for this constantly.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:38 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,334,641 times
This is the first cold I have had in so long--I just don't (can't) get sick--no time! In fact this is the first sore throat I have had since I was 14 years old and had my tonsils removed! But everyone here has allergies of some kind or another.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

The joy of moving, huh?
To tell the truth...............I enjoyed the road trip even with the dogs....we saw the country and the USA is impressive! The packing was awful....and then selling a house and moving to an extended stay hotel with the dogs...while we did house hunting.....that was difficult. We are both retired so we didnt have the consideration of finding a job and a house in proximity to work. I dont want to do it again.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I drove from Calif to NC with 9 cats and a parrot! I had to rent an SUV just to fit the carriers in. My DH drove a moving truck. We had no place ready here so we stayed with a very caring friend for 3 months. My cats stayed in crates in a room in her home that I kept very clean and our friend fell in love with my parrot--who wouldn't!! So the parrot got to sit in the living room with my friend. Friends like that are hard to find! I love her! We finally found our home and moved in. There were some hard times with our move--mostly missing home--but in the beginning before my DH's ALS things were pretty good and we laughed a lot. We worked together trying to make this our home but took time to enjoy life too! I am blessed to have those memories and for me personally I want to once again find my life and have full plans on doing whatever it takes to find that!
Hang on to those positive aspirations and plans.....that is so important.

PS as you can see....I didnt stay away long....LOL and I have enjoyed reading what you all are doing and planning.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Hang on to those positive aspirations and plans.....that is so important.

PS as you can see....I didnt stay away long....LOL and I have enjoyed reading what you all are doing and planning.
Elston I am glad you did not stay away. you would have been missed.

I finished painting the dogs shelter. And I am pleased with how it turned out. Considering painting the upright posts in the kitty kennel to try to make it look better. Hoping I have enough paint to get that done. I think so. I will do the most forward posts first and the ones that will not show much last. And only do the top ones if I am not running out of paint.

Also installed the third pane cover up window in the back dog yard door.

I am going to have to replace the screens in the two storm doors. Bratty kitty figured out she could encourage the rip that was in the front door one and escaped this morning. So grateful she did not get herself in the road. Funny thing is she was howling bloody murder to get back into the house. She was going door to door to get me to let her in and of course I did so. I have a roll of that really heavy stiff screening. No more of that fiberglass stuff. Hoping I can get it installed. I have the ,I think it is called, spline tool and kind of know how to use it. I will wait until it cools down tonight to see if I can get that done.

Off to fix dinner then lots of hand watering and then the screens. UGH.

cyn I am glad you are feeling a little optimistic. Every little bit feeds upon itself to make your life better.

Last edited by shades_of_idaho; 06-21-2017 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Adding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.