Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2017, 10:57 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,345,111 times

Advertisements

For some silly reason that makes me feel so special! Thank you elston!

Old 10-17-2017, 12:03 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,526,623 times
Guess I can't just up and stop coming here--it's just to much a part of my life still. Like my morning cup of coffee! Smile! Good morning all and have a wonderful day!

Same here, cyn. We're online friends that have decided that coming here is beneficial to ourselves and others. Everyone have great Tuesday's!

Old 10-18-2017, 04:54 AM

Good morning all! It's 32 degrees here this morning! Brr..and my dogs had to take a nice long walk. Work tonight. Still trying to get myself use to this 4 days a week. Even thought they are only half days it seems just as wearing on me. I think with my arms so sore it makes everything harder. I need to work on my home therapy I guess! Have a blessed day!

Old 10-18-2017, 05:34 AM

48,230 posts, read 22,044,274 times
Good Morning

Old 10-18-2017, 08:06 AM

13,412 posts, read 28,779,791 times
Good Morning All

Have not posted in a bit but do read almost every day.

Coming up to the 8 month mark since hubby passed, a tad better, at least I don't spend most of the day crying, even managed to go through some of his things and donated~~~~~sigh~~~~~

I just realized the other day that this is the first time in my entire life I have been alone.
Went from parents and siblings to marriage, divorce, but then the kids to take care of, to remarriage. It's an eerie feeling.

My Mom then passed this June and find myself feeling guilty I don't mourn her like I do hubby, but spent more time creating a life with hubby then I did with Mom, and she was 85.

Just rambling here.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:41 AM

Please keep rambling njkate! You never know when you hit on something someone else is or has gone through. I did not morn the loss of my mother as much as I did my hubby either but as you said we spent more recent time putting together our life. It is also my first time being alone and I for one do not like it. Others are fine with it but not me. I am a people person, or was! Now I live between the farms on a gravel road with my critters and I do miss having someone near. So please stop by and ramble on as you never know!

Old 10-18-2017, 11:24 AM

13,412 posts, read 28,779,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Please keep rambling njkate! You never know when you hit on something someone else is or has gone through. I did not morn the loss of my mother as much as I did my hubby either but as you said we spent more recent time putting together our life. It is also my first time being alone and I for one do not like it. Others are fine with it but not me. I am a people person, or was! Now I live between the farms on a gravel road with my critters and I do miss having someone near. So please stop by and ramble on as you never know!
Thank Cyn, I do have family but they don't live with me, the only sounds in my home are caused my me, eerie. I hate cooking for just me then eating alone.

Don't even have our cat because between now and after the holidays I'm going back and forth to NJ, NC, she is 13 years old, too old for all that travel so she is at my daughters in NJ until first of year

Old 10-19-2017, 05:54 AM

Good morning everyone!
I am really having problems with my torn rotator cuffs. I know I re injured my right arm while trying to carry some heavy items at work. I knew better. I also vacuumed the living room and den and that just made it very sore now. I am really not sure if the therapy was enough and probably will still need that surgery but have no idea how I could do that. I have insurance but would not be paid for about 6 weeks of missed work and sure can't afford that. I was honest when I hired on to this job telling them about my problems with my rotator cuffs on both arms and they still hired me so I am just happy they hired me. I'd also have to have someone stay here to help me with driving and my critters. Guess I'll get back to working on the therapy here at home. I think the cold weather makes it worse too. I will just try to stay positive! Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Old 10-19-2017, 07:37 AM

48,230 posts, read 22,044,274 times
cyn.......I wonder if you would qualify for workmans compensation. You were honest when you took the job...but they hired you....does that mean they bought into the liability of your worsening injuries? Legal oppinion might help you out here. Is there legal aid agency where you live.....if not workmans comp.....social security disability???

You need legal advice as to your best option.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:18 PM

32,981 posts, read 36,491,976 times
I'm really sad today. I just can't bring myself to feel average or normal. I took a nap this afternoon, but it was too long. I'll be up for hours. Sometimes there's a good movie on at 3 AM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.