Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 03:45 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,383,135 times

Advertisements

It was scotthouse and thank you!
Lots of thunder and lightening with heavy rain last night. Made it difficult for sleep! But we need the rain right now!
Work went fine--no problems. It was very slow because of the weather. We did some cleaning and stocking so that helped the time to pass. I cleaned the cats boxes and cages so they were happy! Today is my last day of pet sitting for my girlfriend--whew, that has been more then I had figured on but after today it will be done. My man friend wants me to go to the "Y" with him today to keep exercising my arm. It does help and I do feel it! Not sure why but I have to really push myself to go. Guess I just need to get into the habit of doing it. He is so sweet and always takes me out to eat after we get done!
I hope everyone has a great Monday and that each of you are blessed!

Old 07-23-2018, 05:54 AM

48,342 posts, read 22,088,281 times
That was a very nice report of your work and plan to go to the Y with your friend today. The exercise is good, in moderation, and the socialization is just what the doctor ordered!

It was drizzling this morning....and looks a bit grey.....we shall see what the day brings. I had run out of my tylenol PM and was worried I wouldnt be able to sleep without it. I did wake up WIDE AWAKE at 1:30....but was able to finally go back to sleep.....I rather like that I was able to without the medication....I have been taking it for so long.....maybe I will try to just take regular aspirin for my chronic aches and pains....and hold off on the sleep pill.

Have a good day everyone.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:13 AM

I feel the same way about medications elston. I will be so happy not to feel dependent on the ones I take now someday!
Just finished up with my pet sitting job. Her animals are really missing her now, especially the 2 old dogs! It's good she will be home tomorrow in the morning!

Old 07-23-2018, 06:28 AM

50,517 posts, read 64,463,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
It was scotthouse and thank you!
Lots of thunder and lightening with heavy rain last night. Made it difficult for sleep! But we need the rain right now!
Work went fine--no problems. It was very slow because of the weather. We did some cleaning and stocking so that helped the time to pass. I cleaned the cats boxes and cages so they were happy! Today is my last day of pet sitting for my girlfriend--whew, that has been more then I had figured on but after today it will be done. My man friend wants me to go to the "Y" with him today to keep exercising my arm. It does help and I do feel it! Not sure why but I have to really push myself to go. Guess I just need to get into the habit of doing it. He is so sweet and always takes me out to eat after we get done!
I hope everyone has a great Monday and that each of you are blessed!
You haven’t really talked about your shoulder much, Cyn. Do you feel that the surgery was successful, and that you are mending well from it? I’m having a knee replacement in September, and I hope the recovery is swift. I will probably need both done eventually. Everyone says the exercises are very important.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:34 AM

People would tell me....."don't worry about them .... its a vacation for them too....they will be just fine and not miss you while your away" For some dogs that may be true.....but for my dear McKenzie.....at the fancy Camp Bow Wow...they were honest and said ..... she grieved for you every day you were away....she wouldnt eat or go play in the play area with the others....she missed you terribly. (That was about 5 years ago....and have never left her at a strange place again. She had been abandoned several times at the shelter....and it left its mark on her.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:45 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,563,965 times
Not all dogs take to being boarded very well. With us, it was the two dogs, so they could lean on each other. It went better that way. Now Meggy May is the only dog - she will have a harder time if she's boarded again. We don't have anything planned right now.

Going to go hear the CEO talk today about the state of the hospital, his talks are usually pretty interesting. Grocery shopping later on and tomorrow we go door-to-door preaching the good news.

Everyone have a good day, this Monday!

Old 07-23-2018, 01:02 PM

I agree elston. Once an animal has been abandoned even one time it can be devastating for them and leave a scar. Like you I just could not do it to one of my pets that was like your McKenzie. No vacation is worth that!
Thank you gentlearts for asking about my arm. It is healing but I guess I expected it to be faster--naturally! This swimming exercise seems to be a good thing. The actual surgery was a success I would say now it's up to me to build it back up!

Old 07-23-2018, 02:37 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,281,726 times
Good afternoon. It rained and thunderstorms at 5 a.m. today. Woke me up from a sound sleep. Thank goodness the canal gets a chance to go down somewhat afterwards. If we get continuous rain or a hurricane, the canal overflows the top and comes towards the house. Then we have to watch for Cottonmouthes and gators.

Elston, have you ever tried Melatonin? I switched to that after years of taking the PM pain meds because I didn't need the pain meds. It comes in various dosages, 5, 10, 20 mgs. I take 10mg, berry gummy about 10-20 minutes before bed and I just fall asleep so well! Maybe aspirin and that would do the trick.

Cyn, hate to say it but as we get older any break or surgery lasts longer. Was it your rotator cuff? That may never stop being a little sore. Breaks and things also like to tell ya the weather! Storm coming? You know it! The swimming pool is great therapy. Keep it up! Plus you get company and breakfast!

I figured out why I have had a change in attitude. I do like imparting what I have learned over the past 6 1/2 years but I am kinda burned out. I want to type happy sometimes!

Have a good Monday night.

Old 07-23-2018, 03:03 PM

727 posts, read 153,386 times
Im sorry you feel burned out tamiznluv..

I do hope you will stay with us

Old 07-23-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Good afternoon. It rained and thunderstorms at 5 a.m. today. Woke me up from a sound sleep. Thank goodness the canal gets a chance to go down somewhat afterwards. If we get continuous rain or a hurricane, the canal overflows the top and comes towards the house. Then we have to watch for Cottonmouthes and gators.

Elston, have you ever tried Melatonin? I switched to that after years of taking the PM pain meds because I didn't need the pain meds. It comes in various dosages, 5, 10, 20 mgs. I take 10mg, berry gummy about 10-20 minutes before bed and I just fall asleep so well! Maybe aspirin and that would do the trick.

Cyn, hate to say it but as we get older any break or surgery lasts longer. Was it your rotator cuff? That may never stop being a little sore. Breaks and things also like to tell ya the weather! Storm coming? You know it! The swimming pool is great therapy. Keep it up! Plus you get company and breakfast!

I figured out why I have had a change in attitude. I do like imparting what I have learned over the past 6 1/2 years but I am kinda burned out. I want to type happy sometimes!

Have a good Monday night.
Tami that sounds like a good idea Melatonin. I did see next to the Tylenol PM and the generic versions...which I buy....that Tylenol has a sleep version without the Tylenol. I would like to d/c the Tylenol or aspirin....but with my arthritis...I have so many aches and pains....that it does help me at bedtime. In the morning I use a prescription anti-inflammatory "meloxicam". I just bought 100 tabs of my generic PM medication....when it is getting low...I will get some of the Melatonin....others have also recommended it to me.
Thanks for sharing.

Happy Talk Keep Talking Happy Talk from South Pacific I do understand what you are saying.

Good Night All. See You in the morning.

Last edited by elston; 07-23-2018 at 07:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning