Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2014, 05:50 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times

Advertisements

Good morning friends. For some reason last night was especially difficult. I went to bed at 7:30PM. My sister called at 8pm and for some reason thought I should be over my depression or at least much better...I suppose she just does not understand and I know she worries. I told her it will take time and I can't rush grief and nights are the worst. Hopefully she understood.
Today I will be driving to Huntersville to see my son, DIL and grand kids. DH's son is bringing my truck back there and I will bring it home. I'm not fond of driving that truck on these narrow roads but maybe I can sell it soon and find a nice little economical car to drive. My daughter, the optimist she is, reminded me things happen for a reason so I'll go along with her thinking!

Old 09-21-2014, 07:26 AM

So while I was posting my last post here I noticed Tazzy, my 23 year old kitty was acting odd...leaving small blood clots and blood in her urine spotting around the house. Of course it's Sunday... My kids have told me that a vet is no longer an option so I just won't mention today. This is my family here even though they wear fur! I called my vet and he met me at his office immediately. He gave her some antibiotics and a shot to relax her muscles and said she has a bad infection in her bladder. He said she will be fine once we get rid of it but I also know she is so old...I am only buying a little more time with her. I just don't want her to be in pain. We are home now and she is relaxing. I feel better. Yes, it cost but I think $145.00 for a emergency appointment is a good deal and I know he did it for me because he knows my situation. So I will just list more things later today. Now I am off to see my family--the vet said my Taz should be fine here today. I would rather spend the money to know my fur babies will be here when I get home! I could not have gone without having her checked. I know I can make back the money soon enough from listing some more items I found in the shop! God will watch over me I know that!

Old 09-21-2014, 02:04 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
So while I was posting my last post here I noticed Tazzy, my 23 year old kitty was acting odd...leaving small blood clots and blood in her urine spotting around the house. Of course it's Sunday... My kids have told me that a vet is no longer an option so I just won't mention today. This is my family here even though they wear fur! I called my vet and he met me at his office immediately. He gave her some antibiotics and a shot to relax her muscles and said she has a bad infection in her bladder. He said she will be fine once we get rid of it but I also know she is so old...I am only buying a little more time with her. I just don't want her to be in pain. We are home now and she is relaxing. I feel better. Yes, it cost but I think $145.00 for a emergency appointment is a good deal and I know he did it for me because he knows my situation. So I will just list more things later today. Now I am off to see my family--the vet said my Taz should be fine here today. I would rather spend the money to know my fur babies will be here when I get home! I could not have gone without having her checked. I know I can make back the money soon enough from listing some more items I found in the shop! God will watch over me I know that!
That's an old kitty! When my parents died 25 years ago I "rescued" their cat. He adopted one of my daughters and visa versa. I remember when my parents got him and he was 19 at the time. Ultimately he lived to be 26. I chalked up his long life to being well loved and well fed. I'm sure that's the story with yours as well.

We have three rescue cats, the oldest being 12.5 and the youngest, the last, being 1.5. At our ages (65 and 68) there will be no more.

I think you made the right decision.

Old 09-21-2014, 03:11 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
This is good info for cyn and anybody else grieving to know I thought the widow's benefits had been stopped years ago. See we all learn something new readying together.

cyn will your friend from CA being come out anytime soon or others to help you get your ducks in a row? Even if it just being there with you I'm glad DH & you took care of a lot of things beforehand we all need to do that.
Nope! Widow's/Widower's benefits are still around and you can get them if you are 60 and were married at least 10 years. You have to apply in person and bring proof of marriage. You lose these benefits if you remarry before you are 60. One of the many marriage penalties for seniors!

I applied for mine last Friday!

Old 09-22-2014, 06:28 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Good Morning cyn and friends and even to the "critters" who bless our lives with their presence.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:27 PM

Good morning elston and all!
Tazzy seems much better today....why do they always seem to feel badly on a Sunday?

Oh my!

Anyhow today was hard--driving DH's truck--lots of feelings regarding that..need to sell it ASAP. Even BuBu saw me driving up in the yard and he was shaking all over so thrilled to see his papa but alas it was only me....sigh...so sad.
My company from Mich is due tonight or tomorrow--I am looking so forward to company! I love my critters but a human being will be nice!

Old 09-22-2014, 07:19 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Ah honey......... I am sorry

Old 09-22-2014, 08:12 PM

Good Night All, see you in the Am.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:45 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,528 times
Good Night everyone!!!

Cyn, I love the word "fur babies' and that is just what they are. I lost my two little Maltese babies five weeks apart recently and literally I am having a hard time adjusting. I am going to attend grief counseling for animal loss. Saturday I adopted a Calico kitten and I bring her home in two weeks. Her name is Patchey but I am renaming her Precious. Our fur babies give us so much support, unconditional love, company and lots of affection. I never owned a cat before. I know I will be a good mom.

I am glad to hear you are having company, Cyn.

TY for

Old 09-23-2014, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Good Night everyone!!!

Cyn, I love the word "fur babies' and that is just what they are. I lost my two little Maltese babies five weeks apart recently and literally I am having a hard time adjusting. I am going to attend grief counseling for animal loss. Saturday I adopted a Calico kitten and I bring her home in two weeks. Her name is Patchey but I am renaming her Precious. Our fur babies give us so much support, unconditional love, company and lots of affection. I never owned a cat before. I know I will be a good mom.

I am glad to hear you are having company, Cyn.

TY for
Good for you smilinpretty......Instead of having a "broken heart", let your "heart break' wide open so Precious can come in!

Good Morning everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.