Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2018, 03:54 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,371,564 times

Advertisements

Good morning friends!
Not sure if it's the medication or the infection but I am so tired so often. I sleep way to much! I did go to work and put in five and a half hours work but came home and went to bed. I just keep praying it is my body trying to heal and it is requiring more sleep. It does mention fatigue on the medication bottle. My side still hurts but not as badly. I had my appendix taken out years ago but it's odd that is exactly where I feel this pain!
I've been missing elston as well--hope he is just relaxing and enjoying life!
Have a blessed day one and all!

Old 08-17-2018, 03:59 AM

48,307 posts, read 22,073,039 times
Good Morning All.

I am sorry if I havent been posting as much the last couple of days. Everything is fine with me....some days I just dont have much to say.....especially about medications etc. I check in several times a day, everyday.....but dont always post.

I havent been sleeping well......and that has thrown me off a bit. Fortunately last night I slept my regular hours (10 till 5)

Have a good day.

Old 08-17-2018, 04:35 AM

There you are! I kind of figured you were here but didn't have a lot to add about the subject......seem to get to know one another after years of being friends. Happy to hear you finally got some sleep. Now for me lately I have to work at not sleeping starting today. A nap is fine but no more all day sleeping. I do make myself get out at least once a day and of course when I work I am out but this week has been a struggle not to crawl back in bed. After I finish my medication I hope to get back to normal!

Old 08-17-2018, 12:43 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,265,515 times
Lol, I can understand not being able to participate in a discussion involving drugs, elston, I used to not even take an asprin!

I had a doctor's appointment this morning at 9 a.m. I went to get in my car, one foot already in and I felt myself going backwards and down! Nothing I could do about stopping myself, so I protected my head and landed on my rear. Ouch!!! Took me a bit to get up off the very wet grass. Thank God I did not land on fire ants! My backside was totally soaked. I got in the car, drove about 10 minutes then turned around to head home. My rear is screaming in pain and my shoulders and neck were starting to hurt a bit too. So I called the doctor's and cancelled and made another appointment. My goodness, I feel like a truck hit my backside.

I'm going to go take a nap, put my bed into the 0 gravity position. HAGD.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:00 PM

You take care tami!! That sounds scary! I really really hate that feeling of loss of control and it seems to happen more and more lately!
I have been trying to nap all day--all week long I could not stay awake but today I cannot go to sleep. Must be a good sign! Still I'm restless and bored to death! Don't feel good enough to clean or do much that is productive but can't relax and nap. Hopefully I sleep well tonight!
You take care Tami and rest today!

Old 08-17-2018, 04:20 PM

50,480 posts, read 64,355,707 times
You know, we all have stuff. We all gain support from each other. Just knowing that everyone has burdens gives strength to overcome our own.

Old 08-17-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Lol, I can understand not being able to participate in a discussion involving drugs, elston, I used to not even take an asprin!

I had a doctor's appointment this morning at 9 a.m. I went to get in my car, one foot already in and I felt myself going backwards and down! Nothing I could do about stopping myself, so I protected my head and landed on my rear. Ouch!!! Took me a bit to get up off the very wet grass. Thank God I did not land on fire ants! My backside was totally soaked. I got in the car, drove about 10 minutes then turned around to head home. My rear is screaming in pain and my shoulders and neck were starting to hurt a bit too. So I called the doctor's and cancelled and made another appointment. My goodness, I feel like a truck hit my backside.

I'm going to go take a nap, put my bed into the 0 gravity position. HAGD.
I worry when non medical people start making recommendations or comparing symptoms and treatments. I just feel uncomfortable about it. I am not saying anyone is doing anything wrong....just be aware that is why I sometimes don't join the conversation. I know enough to know I really dont know anything that anyone else should go by.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:38 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,549,205 times
Fortunately my Metformin is doing a good job of keeping my A1C down to just 7. It got up to 7 because I kept forgetting to take that 2nd pill. Now I faithfully take it. I even got up in the middle of the night Tuesday to take it! I had remembered after I had gotten into bed and I thought about it and thought about it until I couldn't stay in bed any longer. I took the pill, got back into bed and promptly fell asleep. They are 1,000 mgs each.

Great news, tam! My Metformin prescription is for 2 500mg tablets twice a day. I sometimes forget or blow off taking my 2nd 2-tablet installment of my Metformin, and that's not helping me very much. So your post has got me thinking about my own Type II Diabetes care. I'll take all the pills prescribed. My last H1AC was 7.5. My doctor wants it down to 7.0, then shoot for 6.5. I agree with him on that.

Last worknight is tonight for me, until Wednesday night rolls around, that is. Everyone enjoy their weekends!

Old 08-18-2018, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You know, we all have stuff. We all gain support from each other. Just knowing that everyone has burdens gives strength to overcome our own.
This is my feeling exactly gentlearts! Thank you!
And elston, I agree--we are each individuals and are not doctors so just sharing our personal experiences is a good thing but advising can be dangerous! For the most part here we just share!
I am feeling better today. I will be working tomorrow so that is good! Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 08-18-2018, 03:56 AM

Good Morning Everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning