Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2019, 10:34 AM

353 posts, read 414,561 times

Advertisements

I believe I found Moderator cut: Redacted name phone number. I will phone him right now and hopefully he is the right person.

Last edited by harry chickpea; 01-01-2019 at 04:28 PM..

Old 01-01-2019, 11:13 AM

The phone number to her daughter sounded like a fax line. The phone number to her son just kept ringing. I have their addresses I believe they are recent and I will write to them and provide them my phone number and ask them to phone me.. If I hear anything I will let you know. Hopefully, we will hear something before that time.

Old 01-01-2019, 02:23 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite60 View Post
The phone number to her daughter sounded like a fax line. The phone number to her son just kept ringing. I have their addresses I believe they are recent and I will write to them and provide them my phone number and ask them to phone me.. If I hear anything I will let you know. Hopefully, we will hear something before that time.
Thanks, Granite.

Old 01-01-2019, 04:23 PM

23,591 posts, read 70,383,686 times
MODERATOR COMMENT:

I just had to do cleanup in this thread. Those of you who know cyn by her real name are welcome to DM between yourselves or me, but we do not reveal the real life name of a poster on the forums without express permission. There are many reasons for this rule, and it has been long-standing on the internet.

To give examples of the reason for this rule - there are many abused individuals that are in hiding and at risk from their abusers. There are people who could lose their jobs if outted. HIPPA laws are intended to protect the privacy of the ill.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:14 PM

48,117 posts, read 21,997,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
MODERATOR COMMENT:

I just had to do cleanup in this thread. Those of you who know cyn by her real name are welcome to DM between yourselves or me, but we do not reveal the real life name of a poster on the forums without express permission. There are many reasons for this rule, and it has been long-standing on the internet.

To give examples of the reason for this rule - there are many abused individuals that are in hiding and at risk from their abusers. There are people who could lose their jobs if outted. HIPPA laws are intended to protect the privacy of the ill.

Thank You Harry Chickpea.......I totally understand and apologize. I am going to take a break and try not to think about cyn.....altho she will remain in my nightly prayers.

I will try not to read or post anything more for awhile. Don't anyone worry about me. I am fine....I just got too involved.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:03 PM

Elston, you did nothing wrong!!! Your compassion, kindness and caring for a person is who you are and that is a beautiful trait in you and in all people. I plan to send out a note to her son and daughter and it is because of you I am able to reach them. I use to have Cyn's phone number on my old cell phone that is long gone. Cyn and I talked on the phone several times in the past.

You never can be too involved. You can never love too much. There is nothing to apologize for. Cyn and your friendship goes on years before her blogs. You came over to her blogs to support her when her husband was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease and when he died you supported her. You are a true friend to her.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:36 PM

23,591 posts, read 70,383,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite60 View Post
Elston, you did nothing wrong!!! Your compassion, kindness and caring for a person is who you are and that is a beautiful trait in you and in all people. I plan to send out a note to her son and daughter and it is because of you I am able to reach them. I use to have Cyn's phone number on my old cell phone that is long gone. Cyn and I talked on the phone several times in the past.

You never can be too involved. You can never love too much. There is nothing to apologize for. Cyn and your friendship goes on years before her blogs. You came over to her blogs to support her when her husband was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease and when he died you supported her. You are a true friend to her.
While I understand and agree with your intent on your post, I have to challenge some of the way you stated things.

Yes, Elston did something "wrong." (I prefer the words "in error" as that is less judgmental.) It was not and is not a big deal because it was caught early. It is perfectly acceptable and expected that we ALL will do things that are in error from time to time. If we didn't, we wouldn't be human. We can have compassion and understanding when there is an error made, but to deny the error itself is not helpful. Told to a child, such a statement confuses them. Spoken to someone who is trying to grow, it will be dismissed or seen as an error in itself. Again though, I agree with the sentiment behind your statement.

It is also possible to love too much and be involved too much - in certain ways. We have an infinite resource of love if and when we tap into it, but love can be misdirected or cover our own weaknesses. The enabler that loves an alcoholic often loves too much - in certain ways. The helicopter parent becomes involved too much - in certain ways. Friends who are true to both their friends and themselves instinctively understand the boundaries that can be involved. Elston has that sense of a true friend.

Elston did not need to apologize, at least to me. It was obvious that he was coming from a position of great caring and simply made a misstep that might have ended up being detrimental. It was simple to correct it, and it brought forth a point that some may have forgotten.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:21 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,236,539 times
How is everyone doing today?

Tonight and tomorrow it will be non stop rain. I will stay in and clean and cook for the week.

I wish I had the $ to get a cat or a dog. Its so lonely and quiet 100% of the time.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:10 AM

48,117 posts, read 21,997,640 times
I have unsubscribed from this thread. I wish everyone well. Please don't worry about me....I am fine and well. I still hold cyn in my prayers....but there is nothing I can do or offer at this time.

Old 01-05-2019, 03:24 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times
Best wishes to you, elston. I applaud you for your never-tiring love and support for cyn. I have been busy with work so haven't posted here much of late. I wish you the very best for your future, elston. I have enjoyed the time I've spent conversing with you and cyn on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning