Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 03:31 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That's okay, cam, I just wanted you to see the other threads and stories. Much easier to put them in one place. Only thing wrong with the search option is it needs to be exact wording and as you can see it didn't work for you. No probs, at least you tried the proper way first!

I haven't found a penny in a long time, nor have I smelled his aftershave lately. I do sometimes have dreams of him and I am always happy after them.

Another thing I don't see very often anymore are men wearing the same hat he used to wear. I used to see them frequently in the beginning.

Maybe, in the beginning, spirits contact us by whatever means possible and then once they know we are at peace and accept, they can RIP and the messages get few and far between? Just a theory. I hope our departed are super busy and happy over on the other side.

I'm so glad you did because I was looking in the unexplained forum and actually posted there first.

I'm so very sorry about your husband.

Your theory may be right in ways but maybe they're sending you other signs that are different from what you were used to. I dunno

My Mom died 26 years ago and she always loved anything with butterflies on it. My sisters and I've always seen butterflies throughout the years. My one sis has a pool and we were hanging out one day and this really pretty purple (her favorite color) was fluttering around and it came a and landed on my chest on my heart. It sat there for about 5 min. My sisters and I felt it was Mom and we couldn't believe how long it stayed there.

Last summer I was doing yard work in my front yard and there were 3 of those small white butterflies. In my mind I kept wondering if they were signs. They stayed in the yard for the 2 hrs. I was out there. I came into the house and looked out the door 1/2 hr. later and they were gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 04:26 PM

685 posts, read 720,895 times
OP: Even with a difference of opinion, I wouldn't call you crazy. Reading your post gave me chills. Perhaps ironically I believe we have a way of creating events to occur. But your post gave me chills, I wrote emphatically. As I read each response I feel the same way.

I have my only friend from high school (we're in our early 60s) who went to a good university and winged her way into becoming a highly-paid psychic. When we lived closer and were together, she'd ask me a question to which I'd respond, "What do you think I am ... psychic?" I watched how she really read people well and body language is our major means of communicating more so than verbal.

My mom died in 1997. I wrote and gave her eulogy as my final gift to her. See, I'm already contradicting my belief. At the end of the service in the temple I played, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," by Holly Near. It was appropriate and was also the entrance song for walking in the church when my partner and I had our commitment ceremony in 1993. It was significant and worked as a new beginning for us and the transition and end for my mom. Some months later, a couple friends came over. They wanted to see the urn that had mom's ashes. As I walked into the living room with the urn, that song started playing (we put in a CD that did random playing of songs). I quietly flipped out as did my partner.

In 2000ish, my partner and I went to what was supposed to be an equal rights march in DC (I think it was a "vote for Al Gore" campaign). We walked into one of the Smithsonians. In the distance, we clearly saw a woman who was the spitting image of my mom with the wig she finally bought when chemo had taken much of her hair away. It was really, really odd almost to the point of being creepy. I was drawn like a strong magnet to her. We engaged in conversation. That never happened before or since.

In 2008 my dad died. He had been living in NYC for a number of years and had a light over his entrance door. That light went out and I immediately saw it as I was going in to start his final process. I pointed it out to my sis-in-law and we were both sort of freaked out because it had never gone out before. Between the two of us, we were at his apt. a lot.

All these experiences, about which we're writing, belong to each of us and appear embedded in our souls. I know I didn't create the woman who looked exactly like mom (down to the small bump on her Jewish nose). Fortunately, my partner was in awe as well, so she confirmed what I thought I saw and didn't call me crazy. Did I have the ability to make the song play or make dad's light literally go out? Based on my core belief I don't. But I can't deny these things happened.

Very cool thread. Thanks, cam1957.

Last edited by PeaceOut001; 03-23-2015 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: corrected a small typo

Old 03-23-2015, 04:50 PM

PeaceOut001,

Those are some pretty amazing stories. I don't know what I'd do if I saw someone that looked identical to one of my loved ones. That had to be so wild. Did you tell her she looked just like your Mom?

I know after my son first died, I'd see guys from the back or from a distance and my heart would drop, but then got closer.

I'm so happy that you decided to share your experiences with us.

It's so uplifting to read everyone's stories!

Old 03-23-2015, 04:54 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
I've had a number of signs from my mother who passed away in April 2009. She had been a smoker, then diagnosed with COPD, and quit smoking. For years, she used kitchen matches to act as a substitute cigarette. Hey it worked for her. Before her passing, she told me that I would probably find these matches for years.

Her prediction was correct.I have found these matches around the house for years. No reason when and where they appear. They just appear. Her way of stopping to say hi.

Then there was this...I was going thru some old photos, and dropped the box. Her old drivers license resurfaced, and directly behind it was this business card for an insurance agent which had the following phrase, "You never know when you may need to reach me. Now you know you always can." The card also has a background of stars, and the moon. I never saw this card while she was alive, and I had accessed her Driver's license for her ID a number of times. But never this business card.

My mother leaves me calling cards between the matches and the business card!! There are other signs, too, especially in photos.

Ummmm....did you contact that insurance agent to see if she had a policy with him?My parents were horrible record keepers and I found paid up life insurance policies, old bank accounts, etc. Can't hurt to check it out

Old 03-23-2015, 05:23 PM

I forgot the biggest one!

When I was young my Mom had an organ and I would sit on the bench with her and sing along as she played songs.

I love Amy Grant and she sings a song that called "My Father's Eyes" I loved that song and it always reminded me of my Mom. During the last week of her life, there was a gang of us at her side in the hospital. Everybody was going to the cafeteria to eat lunch and I wasn't hungry. Her sister also stayed and I told her that I wanted to sing my Mom a song and asked if she wanted to leave and she said she wanted to stay. I sat on the bed and held Mom's hand and sang the song to her and couldn't believe I did it without crying. I replaced the word Father with Mother in the song.

After Mom died and we were planning the funeral, my brother said he had written a poem about my Mom that he wanted to read at her eulogy. I decided that I wanted to tape (back then it was cassettes) the song I had sung to her in the hospital.

The morning of her funeral the skies were so grey and it was storming as we walked into church. She was the best person I've ever known and I have yet to meet anyone like her. The service began with the normal church service. My brother got up and read his poem. It was about what a good wife, mother, sister and friend she was. People got up and told little stories about her (mostly funny stories because she was a real jokester) They played the song I had sung to her. As the minister was saying the final prayer, the rain had stopped and the sun came shining through the stained glass windows like light beams coming in on us.

Everybody commented that those rays of light were her smiling at us. I can still see it like it was yesterday. I know I'll never forget that. Okay, I think I'm done with my stories. lol

Old 03-24-2015, 12:04 AM

685 posts, read 720,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post
PeaceOut001,

Those are some pretty amazing stories. I don't know what I'd do if I saw someone that looked identical to one of my loved ones. That had to be so wild. Did you tell her she looked just like your Mom?

I know after my son first died, I'd see guys from the back or from a distance and my heart would drop, but then got closer.

I'm so happy that you decided to share your experiences with us.

It's so uplifting to read everyone's stories!
Hey, cam: Thanks. It was odd for me to write what happened and I couldn't believe I was writing it. It modified my perspective on my own belief (as the other posts here did).

It's interesting that you capitalized "Mom." I did for many years out of honor, respect, and love. I've never seen anyone else do this .

Yes, I had to tell the woman who didn't know me at all why I approached her. Her response was funny and I was somewhat taken aback. She said something along the lines of, "I couldn't look like your mother." Her body language spoke volumes. I'm Jewish as were my mom and dad. It's my belief her reaction was that way because she didn't think I could be Jewish. I think most people know (?) if your mother is Jewish, her children are. My mom descended from Sephardic Jews. I don't know which tribe my dad descended from.

After dad died, I kept looking for a guy that looked like him but none were seen. I can sort of relate to your loss of your son but I've always heard how tragic it is for parents to have their children die before they did. I understand it but cannot fathom the depths of sorrow you and others who experience this go/went through.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:14 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
What is that supposed to mean?
This is what I have found, since he died. Pennies, heads up.
When I am feeling down, or missing him, or just going on about my day, I will see a penny.

Saw one just yesterday, and I have been asking him to send me one, since I haven`t found any lately.
I had a rough day last week, and was missing him terribly.

It makes me smile, and his way of letting me know, he is still around.

My son found a rare, communist coin in his bathroom floor around Christmas time. No idea where it came from.

Plus, he used to collect coins back in his day.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:44 AM

357 posts, read 222,513 times
Default My 2 messages

Ok so the first one was after my father had passed and I was on the phone with his sister,my aunt, and she telling me about how when she had been taking care of my grandmother ( fathers mom) how she would like to stop every night and play this wind up figurine that she had that played "What a Wonderful World" that night after crying myself almost to sleep I told my other half about the conversation. Next morning when our alarm clock went off the song "What a Wonderful World" was blaring which is very weird since we have it set to country music normally.

The second thing happened after my ex mother in law passed away this last year - I remained very close with her after leaving my ex saw her more than he did. Anyway when she was alive we used to joke about giving a sign if we could to each other from the other side so she still joked about it when she was nearing the end and still could talk.When she was alive her and my father in law had a dysfunctional relationship they did not sleep together or even talk for years. He passed about 10 yrs before she did-

Ok two weeks after she passed I get a email that says her full name has sent me a message at this site. I go there and open the message and it says her full name is now friends with his full name and that is it. I have screen shots because I could not believe it - I think it has to be from her who else? My son was beyond weirded out too.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:25 AM

Witchz,

Isn't it so cool when those things happen? I know a couple of times, I was freaked out at first, but then there really is no logical explanation to what happened. I know that their signs give me comfort in my heart and sometimes even a chuckle!

My Aunt died a couple of years after my Mom. Her daughter and I are close. My Aunt bought my cousin one of those jewelry boxes, like the figurines you mention, that wind up and play pretty music. The jewelry box started playing one day and my cousin normally doesn't believe in this stuff, but she did that day and knew it was her Mom stopping by.

Thank you and I'm loving reading ALL of your stories.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:32 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
As I was rereading this thread, I also had a tab with facebook open and was flipping back and forth, reading. I was on facebook and still had the tab with "Messages from beyond" at the top of my screen. And I saw the number sequence that is significant to my grandmother and me that I had talked about earlier. It was funny... I saw the numbers... and then I saw the tab that said, "Messages from beyond."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning