Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 03:31 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,133 times

Advertisements

Have you lost a loved one that is causing you to mourn the death of a spouse, parent, child, grandparent, sibling?

I believe the intent of this forum is the mourning caused by actual death of a loved one.

I truly am sorry for your pain and I agree with the poster that suggest this topic be presented in the MH forum. There's nothing to be ashamed of posting to that forum. You are hurting and depressed.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:59 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
How long have you been mourning?
Actually for many years off and on. Sometimes something happens which makes me too busy to think about it. Then things get back into the normal pace, which gives me time to realize what's going on again.

Last edited by LoveWisdom; 04-26-2015 at 04:18 PM..

Old 04-26-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
1. Your words did not cause me any discomfort. If anything, it stirred human compassion. I could have ignored your post, put I chose to try to help you.
2. If you read my post, nothing in that post is negative, mean or hurtful. My personal belief is that NONE of US are special snowflakes. Not me and not you. The human experience is universal. We can all understand and help each other.

OP, what is it you want from C-D? Do you want us to help you wallow in your pain or do you want us to try to pull you out of your funk? You don't have to believe me, but truth is living with pain is a choice. You can be free of your pain.

Consider this book: Healing is A Choice
You consciously don't know about the discomfort and why you react the way you did. You may think you are being compassionate, but it comes out as insensitive and as though you don't care and are saying: go jump in the river. figuratively speaking

Sometimes a parent hears a child crying, feels compassion and enters to help the child. The parent offers a child different ways to relieve the discomfort. The child refused them all because they don't help. The parent doesn't notice that part, but gets upset that the child is ignoring the advice. The parent ends up calling child names like being obstinate and other stuff. At the end, the parent makes the child feel much worse. And it starts with compassion. It would be better for a child if the parent did not feel this "compassion", right? Then the child would have been left in piece and not made feel worse.

Most people don't realize that. It takes deep thinking to know this. They just think that their children are just frustrating.

No one can understand what the person is going through unless their were in their shoes. Even being in the same situation is experienced differently by different people.

So we should just respect people's pain and understand that IT IS. And not minimize it and say: if I were you, I wouldn't do what you're doing...

It's real. It exists. And it doesn't go away just because someone wants it to. And living in pain is definitely not a choice. This is a misunderstanding of human nature and of teachings that are floating around. I heard of them, but my feeling is that the words don't express the true reality (because they are too limited) and people are getting the wrong idea from hearing the words.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post
Have you lost a loved one that is causing you to mourn the death of a spouse, parent, child, grandparent, sibling?

I believe the intent of this forum is the mourning caused by actual death of a loved one.

I truly am sorry for your pain and I agree with the poster that suggest this topic be presented in the MH forum. There's nothing to be ashamed of posting to that forum. You are hurting and depressed.

I think it would be hard for you to understand but I had to post in this forum to help myself. Posting in others wouldn't have helped me. It helped me emotionally to declare that missing someone non-physical is just as real as missing someone who is physical.

We are really non-physical beings who perceive the world in 3 dimensional reality, we create the visual of the physical. But more and more people are starting to sense the other reality, beyond the physical and to understand that there is much more going on than this. We have others we are connected to, even if we can't see them. And we can miss them just as much as those we see in a physical sense.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:36 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
I think it would be hard for you to understand but I had to post in this forum to help myself. Posting in others wouldn't have helped me. It helped me emotionally to declare that missing someone non-physical is just as real as missing someone who is physical.

We are really non-physical beings who perceive the world in 3 dimensional reality, we create the visual of the physical. But more and more people are starting to sense the other reality, beyond the physical and to understand that there is much more going on than this. We have others we are connected to, even if we can't see them. And we can miss them just as much as those we see in a physical sense.
HHmmmm...

Sometimes it helps to just write. Journal, book, or a forum. etc. I know it does for me!
And sometimes it helps to talk to the ones that we are connected to, that we cannot see.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:44 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
LoveWisdom, who is "us" you keep referring to? This is not a singular, personal problem?
You didn't answer my question.

Your answers to others are......interesting.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:18 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWisdom View Post
Actually for many years off and on. Sometimes something happens which makes me too busy to think about it. Then things get back into the normal pace, which gives me time to realize what's going on again.
Hi Love,

I went through a few hairy and difficult times in my life, I live by two rules to help me make it through.

Stay in The Fight and keep Pushing Forward. Hang in there, kiddo.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
LoveWisdom, who is "us" you keep referring to? This is not a singular, personal problem?
People with similar pain.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:33 PM

1,011 posts, read 715,560 times
I've had this awful depression and lack of meaning as well, due to mental health issues causing social isolation in my case, but I'm reading some interesting books about living in the present moment (not just using it as a glib expression) and always exercising it whenever things get "tough" or you get intrusive thoughts.

I now consider any negative thinking (which only ever takes place in past or future context) as intrusive thoughts which creates depression. Try and learn to find love within yourself before worrying about others loving you. You attract what you give off so if you give an aura of love others will return it.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:40 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoFlan View Post
I've had this awful depression and lack of meaning as well, due to mental health issues causing social isolation in my case, but I'm reading some interesting books about living in the present moment (not just using it as a glib expression) and always exercising it whenever things get "tough" or you get intrusive thoughts.

I now consider any negative thinking (which only ever takes place in past or future context) as intrusive thoughts which creates depression. Try and learn to find love within yourself before worrying about others loving you. You attract what you give off so if you give an aura of love others will return it.
Now that ^^^^^ I understand a little more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning