Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 03:36 PM

516 posts, read 1,075,799 times

Advertisements

So sorry for your loss. We recently lost a 25 year old autistic son (he was my step son) to an auto accident. The best advice I can offer is to be there for your sister. My wife has 2 sisters that are out of state, they both came up to see and support us. It was a big help

My wifes cousin that lives locally but we rarely see came to offer help and she and my wife cleaned and separated our sons stuff and cleaned up his room.

While it will be a long time (if ever) to recover, these 3 ladies helped immensely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 04:49 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,932,925 times
I'm so sorry for you. We just lost my cousin in an awful accident. The suddenness of it all is so hard to get hold of. I suppose that is the shock piece.

Hugs and prayers. Let people care for you while you are caring for others. That is important, too.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:02 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,241,280 times
Sincerely sorry to hear of your loss. Impossible to prepare yourself for something that happens so immediate and tragic.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:20 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,100,287 times
I am so very sorry. Such a tragic thing for one so young to be lost, and such a shock. Lots of us understand the feeling of unremitting pain. Come back and talk about this if that helps. Always willing to listen.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:24 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times

I'm sorry.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:36 PM

1,110 posts, read 896,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMeriMarry View Post
My beautiful 25 year old niece was killed in a car accident yesterday. Her family is still in shock but they are devastated. My family is too. I don't know what else to say. I can't sleep and the grief is literally a physical pain. We just buried our mother six weeks ago. I feel as if I'm losing my grip on reality.

Must hold it together to get my sister and her family through this. I'm very concerned about her. Sorry if this post is pointless. Just needed to make contact with people who would understand.
Dearest MaryMeriMarry: There are no amount of words that any of us can say that will alleviate your pain. Just work through this period of intense grief, and take comfort in knowing that in time, it will not be so painful to think of her. Take comfort also in knowing that as long as you still have memories of her in your heart, she will always be alive. If you believe in an afterlife, know that she has transitioned to another, better place where there are no more tears. If you do not, you must still know that her short life was not in vain, and that her existence made a difference to you and to others. It might help for you to do something in memory of her such as a charitable donation, a scholarship, or even planting a tree. Throw a gathering for her friends (like an Irish wake) where you all can laugh and cry. These are ceremonies to mark her passing and that help the living. I am so sorry for your loss...

Old 09-15-2017, 07:12 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,407,985 times
Quote:

My beautiful 25 year old niece was killed in a car accident yesterday. Her family is still in shock but they are devastated. My family is too. I don't know what else to say. I can't sleep and the grief is literally a physical pain. We just buried our mother six weeks ago. I feel as if I'm losing my grip on reality.

Must hold it together to get my sister and her family through this. I'm very concerned about her. Sorry if this post is pointless. Just needed to make contact with people who would understand.
Well, this is painful.

We have one niece who is everything to us, so I can imagine how awful this feels.

Sending a virtual hug and real prayers.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:23 PM

12,968 posts, read 9,650,170 times
Quote:

Sorry your family loss, I'm sure it is a very painful thing to go through. You and your loved one will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I'm sending a hug your way.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:39 PM

1,199 posts, read 660,180 times
I'm so sorry. I may not know you, but I really empathize with your pain. Many hugs to you. Please keep reaching out, you shouldn't have to go through this keeping it all bottled up inside. HUGS

Old 09-15-2017, 08:07 PM

981 posts, read 899,417 times
There are no words to convey how sorry I am about this tragedy your family is experiencing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning