Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:26 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,925,526 times

Advertisements

there is nothing i can say which hasn't already been said.

i am very sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 09:56 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I'd rep you if I could. Thanks for typing his name. It's nice to see it.

I also want to give a shout out to the nurse that was on that night. I can't remember her name. Cathy? It was a surreal night. Any way, that woman brought me heated blankets; set me up in an easy chair; didn't care that I was using my cell phone to play his favorite songs (cell-phone use in a no no in trauma ICU). She showed up every 45-min with pain meds at my request. She, for 20 minutes, sat/knelt, at my brother's bed while holding his hand, her eyes closed, praying with/for him. She left the room when I asked when he was dying and returned when it was finished; crying. She was a true healer. If I was a theist, I'd say god bless her.

I'm so sorry Braunwyn. Don't worry about remembering that nurse's name and know that she will never forget you or your brother. I remember every person I ever stayed with while they died and their families. It's a gift to share those moments with people - it really makes us understand our humanity, and how we are all sisters and brothers under the skin.

I have loved that DCC song forever. You'll never be the same person, and you'll never get over it, but you will get through it.

Good thoughts to you.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:32 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,986,934 times
Wow Braunwyn, I'm so sorry. I just saw this post now. Twins have such a special bond this must be so difficult.
I know it is cliche' but each day will get a bit easier. Hang in there and know your C-D people are thinking about you and wishing you all the best.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:01 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
Wow Braunwyn, I'm so sorry. I just saw this post now. Twins have such a special bond this must be so difficult.
I know it is cliche' but each day will get a bit easier. Hang in there and know your C-D people are thinking about you and wishing you all the best.
I mentioned this in a rep, but should do so here...or maybe did and forgot. I'm loopy right now. Any way, this thread, pm's, etc has been very helpful for me. I appreciate the support so much. It has changed my views on forum interaction. While people have been calling non-stop and coming to me to offer their condolences, it's nice to be able to deal with support in my own time/way. I don't have to worry about looking someone in the eye, answering them immediately, etc. It's nice and easy. Something needs to be easy right now.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:12 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,119,716 times
Braunwyn,

I am so sorry.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:18 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
I mentioned this in a rep, but should do so here...or maybe did and forgot. I'm loopy right now. Any way, this thread, pm's, etc has been very helpful for me. I appreciate the support so much. It has changed my views on forum interaction. While people have been calling non-stop and coming to me to offer their condolences, it's nice to be able to deal with support in my own time/way. I don't have to worry about looking someone in the eye, answering them immediately, etc. It's nice and easy. Something needs to be easy right now.
I'm so glad some small little piece of your world is a tad bit easier. I really hope you are able to get some sleep tonight.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I'm so glad some small little piece of your world is a tad bit easier. I really hope you are able to get some sleep tonight.
Me too. I'm still up a creek with my basement. What's odd, and if you know my posts you know I'm not a CT'er, etc, but my flood happened at the same time as my mom losing half the electricity in her house - on Saturday. That's so odd.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Me too. I'm still up a creek with my basement. What's odd, and if you know my posts you know I'm not a CT'er, etc, but my flood happened at the same time as my mom losing half the electricity in her house - on Saturday. That's so odd.
Gosh, I was hoping your flooding issue was well on the way to being resolved by now - that just sucks. I hope you have your husband there to help you?

Old 12-14-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Gosh, I was hoping your flooding issue was well on the way to being resolved by now - that just sucks. I hope you have your husband there to help you?
Yea, he spent 3 hours mopping last night, went to school today, and is back home now. I called the insurance co. We'll see how that goes. Mean while, the carpets down there are saturated. Hopefully, someone will come to the house tomorrow.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Yea, he spent 3 hours mopping last night, went to school today, and is back home now. I called the insurance co. We'll see how that goes. Mean while, the carpets down there are saturated. Hopefully, someone will come to the house tomorrow.
hey, silver lining, you'll be getting new carpet

I know you don't feel like laughing, sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning