Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 03:07 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times

Advertisements

My heart aches for you Sister Braunwyn & your Loving Family.

I'm Praying for you high here on the mountain.

Take gentle care of yourself. God Bless You...

I know the ache & pain. Too many of my loved ones have passed on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 03:07 PM

303 posts, read 563,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
My brother didn't make it. Fortunately, I had the privilege of spending the last 6-7 hours alone with my twin and he died in my arms. I did everything I could to make it special for him. Whether he knew or not, I don't know.

I'm on my way back to Boston. Maybe I'll share the experience later. I should really write it down before I begin to forget.
Oh no, I am so incredibly sorry. Yes, maybe you should write it down.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:18 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times
Quote:
I got word at 1:30pm that my twin brother was in another motorcycle accident. We've (the family) always said he had nine lives. I think he may have used them up. He has head trauma and broken bones (not the first time), tho, now he also has a spinal fracture and is on life support. He's been in pretty bad accidents in the past and has always pulled through. How, I have no idea. He also has an osteotomy due to crohn's disease. His body has taken such a beating over the years.

I'm flying out tomorrow. I couldn't get my cr*p together in time for a flight tonight. I've never vomited over stress before. It was pretty weird. I can't move.

Any way, is it possible to be on a ventilator and be conscious?
His girl friend is telling me that he tears out of one eye when she speaks to him. My brother has a DNR, but is on life support just the same. What do I do?

My best friend was killed last year on a motorcycle. Those bikes are very dangerous, or rather, the cars really that hit them which is the REAL problem. Sorry to hear about the loss Braunwyn.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:20 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,975 times
I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:33 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
I'm very sorry for the loss of your twin, Braunwyn. I recognize the very unique and strong bond that exists between multiples and how your loss must hurt more than most of us can ever imagine. I am glad that you were with him when he left this life for his new one. Peace be with you.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:34 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
Quote:
My brother didn't make it. Fortunately, I had the privilege of spending the last 6-7 hours alone with my twin and he died in my arms. I did everything I could to make it special for him. Whether he knew or not, I don't know.

I'm on my way back to Boston. Maybe I'll share the experience later. I should really write it down before I begin to forget.
I am so sorry, Braunwyn.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:40 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
OMG Braunwyn, I am so sorry!

Old 12-13-2009, 04:13 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,538 times
I am so sorry for your loss. I don't have any siblings so I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling but my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:12 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Thanks again for all the kind words. You folk are awesome. Unfortunately, I come home tonight to a flooded basement. When it rains it poors. So, now we don't have water. This whole problem, as I understand it, is the city's fault. Hopefully, they'll pay for the damages.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Thanks again for all the kind words. You folk are awesome. Unfortunately, I come home tonight to a flooded basement. When it rains it poors. So, now we don't have water. This whole problem, as I understand it, is the city's fault. Hopefully, they'll pay for the damages.
I'm so sorry Hang in there and know we are all thinking of you. And you and Mark are in my prayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning