Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Grief recovery- Share your loss

Group Created by Keeper

For those who have lost a parent, spouse or child and need a place to chat with others who understand your pain

View All Members Showing 10 of 91 Member(s)
Showing 3 of 3 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 11 to 20 of 124
  1. mrschilicook
    06-16-2009 03:24 PM - permalink
    mrschilicook
    Hello everyone. My husband died May 10th, 2008. It has been just a year since his death and while I think I'm doing better in many ways I'm not. I find that I can't seem to be motivated to do anything....I miss my husband of 34 years dearly and I miss the life we had together. I think I've accepted his death, but it's not easy to face the day to day tasks...I find that I talk big, but do little....I talk about selling the RV, selling the house, exercising, joining something, etc..but then do nothing. Ed was a good man and a good husband. He could fix just about anything. He was my best friend and my biggest supporter. Last year I had breast cancer and a stroke..I missed his support, his telling me he loved me, his just being there. I had a great friend who came and stayed with me, but it wasn't the same. I think I need to move someplace where there are people (I live in a wonderful development that is a bit rural)-but can't seem to get motivated to do anything about that either. Not to dump on anyone, but I needed to get it out.
  2. Miss Blue
    06-09-2009 10:49 AM - permalink
    Miss Blue
    I am leaving the group since there is no activity here, but will be available through personal dm's or email ~hugs~
  3. Miss Blue
    05-12-2009 08:16 AM - permalink
    Miss Blue
    Luvnlady, I feel your pain..Your pain is still so new and hurts so bad..You will get through this, I promise..The pain will eventually ease as time goes by and soon you will be able to smile in fondness as things happen that remind you of her..I find that as I get older I have only to look into the mirror and see such a resemblance of my mom and I know that even though she is no longer here that she lives on in myself my children and even my grandbabies..That brings me comfort in knowing that we never really leave completely without leaving something of ourselves behind to comfort our loved ones..I sisters tiny 5 foot frame is so much like moms.. One of my daughters has inherited my moms beautiful singing voice and I only have to close my eyes and hear my mother singing as she went about her daily chores..As I said, it will become easier...~Hugs~
  4. luvnlady
    05-10-2009 10:54 PM - permalink
    luvnlady
    I want to start by saying my heart goes out to everyone that has loss their love one and thank you for being here. On April 16th 2009, I loss my mother. Today, mother's day felt like my heart was being broken over and over. I stayed in the house and in my room all day; However, I was happy to talk with my children. I told them that they had given me the greatest gift they could ever give me on mother's day... a phone call. I explained to them that there is nothing in the world greater than the blessing of hearing each other's voice as I would give anything just to talk to my momma just one more time, if only for one minute. I called my momma cell phone over and over today just to hear her say her name...Mary. There is a large whole in my heart and I dont know how I am going to get threw this; my God it hurts so bad.
  5. Miss Blue
    04-30-2009 06:57 PM - permalink
    Miss Blue
    I still hope this will become a forum some day..I feel like I am letting someone down if I forget to look in here now and then..Prayers for everyone suffering the grief of losing a loved one
  6. Keeper
    03-24-2009 05:23 PM - permalink
    Keeper
    Please vote in the new poll for a Grief forum
  7. Adrian VES
    03-05-2009 11:36 AM - permalink
    Adrian VES
    My name is Adrian and I haven't had a loss recently but a few in the past. It seems to me that it hurts to even thing of the ones that I would lose in the future including myself oneday. Because I wont be here to enjoy the ones I love. Knowing my father before he passed, his presence still seems to present itself even today in dreams and the more I think about it only stops me from enjoying right now! Not that I don't love him because I do very much, but maybe it would be better to let him see me happy. Even if there is no afterlife (not saying there isn't) But being open minded I think that for my family and myself it would be better to think of the ones that I do have right now and not the future or the past losses. Seeing how strong you all are gives me much hope and strength myself! I have not lost a child and would never desire that. My grandmother did though. She still has hard times. But the funniest thing is she has me! All of you are very loving to care for your losses. Im know you make the best of everything telling by your messages. I am proud of you!
  8. Tabris
    02-28-2009 09:12 AM - permalink
    Tabris
    hi everyone. i'm new to this forum and just found this group.
    i spent some time reading through everyone's stories, and i find i can very much understand many of the feelings expressed here.
    my mother passed away 27/01/2008.. little over a year ago now, but it still hurts as much as that day. you can never truly heal from losing someone close to you, because nothing can ever replace that person. even though i feel like the pain gets worse as time goes by, i find strength in reading the feelings of all of you. thankyou for sharing your experiences with everyone, i know how painful it is to have to resurrect those memories. to this day i still can't even confide in my closest friends or family the experience i went through, and the emotions i had on that day. i feel as though simply surpressing those images makes it seem less real , although the ache in my heart tells me i can't ever forget it. perhaps that's why it seems the pain is only getting worse. even after a year i still haven't had the courage to fully confront myself about my feelings.. perhaps it's fear that i'll have to admit the reality to myself. it feels like it's going to be a long, long time before i can come to terms with this and move on.
    i hope everyone can find love and strength through your grief, no matter how different each person's may be.
  9. kaykay
    02-27-2009 03:09 PM - permalink
    kaykay
    I haven't posted in awhile. I keep forgetting to check in with the groups. Hope everyone is doing well.

Greek, I do know what you mean. My condolences on the loss of your son. Anniversaries of the day of death and birthdays are tough. We lost our son in a car accident 7 years ago. We still "walk with a limp" shall we say. Please feel free to pm me if you would like to talk further. I have also written a small grief recovery type book for bereaved parents. I would be happy to send you (or anyone else who would like on a copy if you would just pm me an an address to send it to.)
  10. greek godess
    02-11-2009 07:31 AM - permalink
    greek godess
    Hey all, well i have joined this group with the hope i can find some comfort from you all and maybe offer comfort, on the 16th it will be the first yr anniversary of my son's death and i cant seem to find anyone who knows that complete feeling of despair and lonelyness...... it would be nice to hear from someone x