Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Grief recovery- Share your loss

Group Created by Keeper

For those who have lost a parent, spouse or child and need a place to chat with others who understand your pain

View All Members Showing 10 of 91 Member(s)
Showing 3 of 3 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 51 to 60 of 124
  1. debey
    11-08-2008 10:15 AM - permalink
    debey
    https://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...grief-how.html
    it would certainly help, if all grief related threads could be under one forum. I will continue to search, in my spare time........
  2. debey
  3. Sharon Tillman
    11-03-2008 02:19 PM - permalink
    Sharon Tillman
    O, debey, i am praying. There is nothing more heart-devastating than the uncertainty.
  4. debey
    10-31-2008 11:43 PM - permalink
    debey
    I would like to make a prayer request, for this family..........
    http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=0,75791
    thank you, all.............
  5. Miss Blue
    10-29-2008 04:19 PM - permalink
    Miss Blue
    You are so right Keeper, we really need a forum..I have also been pushing for just instant notifications of new posts..Administration said it would be enabled as soon as possible..Something about cd still being Beta..Anyway I am looking forward to the poll..
    Robyn, I wondered whatever happened to Cinder..Oh my, how I enjoyed your posts ..sooo inspiring...
    For those who are grieving, we do understand your tears, your loneliness, and the depth of your pain..Our hope is that by sharing when you are ready, someone will be here to listen..Many of us have lost parents, siblings, spouses, children and best friends so be assured that there is someone here you can relate to your particular pain..
  6. Pikantari
    10-28-2008 12:00 PM - permalink
    Pikantari
    Hello all. I received an invitation to this group a bit ago, but have not been feeling well enough to join in. Still not feeling so well, but suppose now is as good of a time as any.

My name is Robyn and I am not new to CD. My screen name is not the one I have always used. I used to go by cinderobyn. I changed it back almost 5 mos ago.

I have lost both of my parents as well as my grandmother. I have lost my oldest brother, 2 aunts and an uncle. My grandfather was lost when I was a baby. I only know stories of him.

I have been reading your stories in health and wellness and my heart goes out to you all...
  7. Sharon Tillman
    10-23-2008 11:38 AM - permalink
    Sharon Tillman
    I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA, your words about grief are so true. I find myself seeing or hearing something & saying to myself, now Daddy or Grandma or Patty would just love that, & just like to think maybe they can see or hear from heaven.
    I find myserf thinking about my babies when they would have had birthdays or other milestones & ask Jesus to give them a big hug & kiss for me. They are never out of your heart or mind. You just get more used to missing them & cherish the good memories more as time goes by. When it happens to someone else you can feel their agony pierce your own soul & just want to hold them & let them know what no words can express.
  8. KANDI08
    10-22-2008 12:00 AM - permalink
    KANDI08
    Hello everyone,im new to this site and i was reading your messages and can relate on my life of losing my dearest friend my mother.she passed away last year and i still can't believe that she's gone.i was first in an angry mode blaming it on the hospital and medical staff for taking her life.but i had to realize that we are all on borrowed time.and i should be thankful for the time that i was blessed to share with her,i thought it wasn't fair, but i had to recognize that god wants best too.so i send words of encouragement to everyone that has lost someone,that it's okay to cry,moun and remember that special someone.i want to let you know "to be absent from the body,is to be present with lord."

love you always mama,
  9. Keeper
    10-21-2008 05:36 PM - permalink
    Keeper
    I Love North Carolina.. OM that is so true.. I find I remember all the good times I had with my DH and I smile a lot.

BTW.. we can ask the person to be a member of our group.

Admin is going to post a new poll for forums. Sam I am and I have been nicely pushing for a Grief forum. Hopefully we will get more votes this time to make it. I think a forum would serve us better.
  10. Betsey Lane
    10-21-2008 07:35 AM - permalink
    Betsey Lane
    Hi Everyone,

I took the children to the services after all. It was so beautiful. There was'nt so much crying and sadness like I expected. It was so beautiful and peaceful. Everyone who knew my mother was in attendance and they knew her spirit while she lived here on this earth. We were all secure in knowing mommy is forever with Jesus. The babies were'nt even sad. My older son Jovan wept for a little, but he understood that Grandma is forever with Jesus and that body that he saw being lowered in the ground is no longer needed. He understands that Grandma gets a new body in Jesus Christ. God bless his heart. He wants a new one too. (I said not right now babe, when Jesus calls.) I know it will get easier one day. I feel mom all around me; the birds when they are singing, a faint smell of her when the breeze is blowing, in the quietness of the morning upon rising, in the stillness of the night, I hear her saying to me, "I love you Denise. I left a map for you to follow and the path won't be easy, but if you desire to see me again, it's this road that you must follow". Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement and your listening ears. God bless each and everyone of you. Saints, tomorrow is'nt promised to anyone, let's be about our Father's business like never before. God's grace to you all.

Your sister and friend in Christ Jesus Denise( A.K.A. Betsy Lane)