Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 3,103 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 781 to 790 of 1598
  1. ChiTownItalian79
    01-26-2012 02:31 PM - permalink
    ChiTownItalian79
    Hello...Just moved from Chicago to Suburban Atlanta for work. Looking to network and discover what these towns have to offer.
  2. adamgriffin
    01-23-2012 01:49 PM - permalink
    adamgriffin
    heya everyone...im adam,im 34 year old single male and im living in the u.k...im new on here and not realli sure how it works but il give anything a go so here goes...i want to relocate to from here in the u.k to alaska indefinatly...i have not got any idea how to put these plans into action so if anyone could be kind enough to give me a helping hand i would be very greatfull...i hope to get some response to this message as if i dont then i dont have a clue where to start.....many thanks and hope to get some replys...cheers everyone....adam
  3. catdy_ny
    01-20-2012 05:23 PM - permalink
    catdy_ny
    Hello! I am looking into moving upstate (Albany suburbs area), with kids. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great! Realtors feel free to contact me as well. I live on Long Island so any questions about here feel free to ask me.
  4. unicorn1209
  5. 01-15-2012 10:59 AM - permalink
    kenneebbee
    Hello Arizona!! In from Chicago and my family wii be fallowing soon. Need help with place to reside. Schools very important. I have three high school daughters who play softball(competitively). Church also Important. My wife likes to garage sale and resale shop. I like playing softball as well. Thanks for any imput. Hope to meet some of you soon. Thanks.
  6. change_2012
    01-10-2012 03:28 AM - permalink
    change_2012
    Hi everyone.!! I am a 33 year old college senior majoring in business administration with a concentration in management that will graduate May 2012 and I have 2 children. I will be moving to the DFW area hopefully in June and I need some advice on how to go about it. I am from a small town in Arkansas and I know I am getting a late start on things in life, but no time like the present right. Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. I am looking for an apartment or house, schools, and a JOB. By the way, I am moving from a small town with a population of about 300 people so this will be a major change in every aspect. Thanks so much
  7. Partagasy
    01-09-2012 08:47 PM - permalink
    Partagasy
    My fiance and I are graduating from college this May. We were planning on heading towards the Pacific Northwest, San Francisco, or Chicago, but, unfortunately, the job-market has placed us in Dallas.

Now, we are looking for areas near or in downtown Dallas that has a good indie-artsy scene as well as a mix of cultures. If possible, similar to the cities listed above. Essentially, we don't want to be surrounded by 99% of caucasians who all went to the same 3 colleges and whose parents play golf together. Any ideas?
  8. DebbieF
  9. 01-07-2012 08:45 PM - permalink
    Livefan
    Hi everyone, Just joined up here and found this group. Perfect for me sine I am relocating to the Los Angeles area in the next few months with my boyfriend. Honestly, I can use all the help and advice I can get since we are having a hard time finding an affordable place to live in the area that his job is at (Santa Monica) and I am going to need to find a job asap. The biggest problem is, is that I am staying with my parents in New Jersey while he takes care of tying up loose end in Fresno where we've been living. Job searching online is terrible and apartment hunting over the internet is even worse. So if anyone out there has any insight, suggestions, or knows of any nice places or job openings I'd love to hear from ya! Thanks.
  10. kassie54
    01-06-2012 06:04 PM - permalink
    kassie54
    Hey everyone, I am looking to relocate to Florida from the great Northwest. Would really appreciate any info on safe places to live, reasonable rents and pet friendly areas(it's just me & my dog). Just starting over after a divorce......Thanks, Kassie