Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

RELOCATING - HELP IN ALL AREAS

Group Created by HParr

This is a group where we will discuss all aspects of relocating including (but not limited to) discussions about emotions, realtors, information about different towns, education research, family challenges, finding health care professionals, the positive side of moving, new adventures, how to cope, etc.

View All Members Showing 10 of 3,103 Member(s)
Showing 5 of 165 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 791 to 800 of 1598
  1. Wendipooh39
    01-05-2012 11:49 AM - permalink
    Wendipooh39
    Hi Everyone! My name is Wendi and I currently live in the triad area of NC. I am considering moving to the Wilmington, NC area within the next few months. I would like to hear from anyone who lives in that area about life there such as home prices, schools, weather, entertainment, etc..... Thanks!
  2. cndc_frazier
    01-04-2012 02:58 PM - permalink
    cndc_frazier
    Hi everyone looking to relocate to another state. I really would like to live in Tennessee, for some reason. In a small town any suggestions?
  3. citidatasian
  4. 12-20-2011 09:13 AM - permalink
    johnston6 
    Happy Holidays to all of you movers and shakers. Relocating is a very stressfull task, and the holidays can make it even crazier. A few good tips to help calm your mood and keep your cool so that you can enjoy this time of year:

1.Talk to a Realtor. (this is not a promotion) a good Realtor will help you without any obligations or costs. Top agents I know are always consuting free of charge. Take advantage of this and let them take some of the stress off.

2.Prioritize with a timeline. WHAT? yeh, you need a time line that will carry you from now until move-in. On this timeline you want to mark specific milestones, deadlines, and goals. This will help to keep you organized and streamline the process.

3. Register for free listing alerts. Many websites offer free MLS (multiple listing service) searches, Local listing alerts, and portals so that you can "watch" the market where you want and when you want.

4. Get pre-approved. This one is obvious, and for that reason many people overlook it, or underestimate its importance. getting with a good lender NOW will ensure a smooth transaction down the road.

5. Eliminate clutter. People react to their environments and when your environment is cluttered, so is your mind. Start eliminating this by packing away items that you done't "use" on a regular basis. Give away items that you don't use at all. And throw away items that no one can use. This will make the "packing" much easier when you are actually moving.

I hope that you find this helpful and if I can be of assistance, please let me know. I am never too busy to help and I always reply. send me private message or email.
  5. 12-15-2011 09:16 AM - permalink
    CaRasin
    We are moving from CA in March to the St Louis suburbs, so we can be near our daughters and grandchildren. It is a big move for us as I am physically disabled and my husband is in his 70's.
    I am stressed beyond measure, I really hate the thought of "how are we going to get ready for this move? We are looking for a place in O'fallon, MO to rent at least a 3 bedroom with plenty of space. One that will allow us to keep our two cats and our Chihuahua..they are inseparable. Hopefully too with a fenced back yard.
    Anyone want to comment?
  6. IseekSanFran
    12-15-2011 05:29 AM - permalink
    IseekSanFran
    Any Suggestions on re-locating to San Francisco in Sept. 2012? I have a Section 8 voucher for 2 bedrooms and recieve Social Security Disability. Prefer Not to drive but depend on transist system. Suggestions regarding Street names I should look at? I want to be in the gay section with a view if possible. I have never lived there and it has always been on my Bucket list. Help????
  7. m2h71
    12-09-2011 10:40 AM - permalink
    m2h71
    Hi all,
    My wife and I are in the process of moving to Aylmer, Gatineau. We are currently in Toronto and our 4 year old is attending JK here in English. None of us speak French. We have two questions and would appreciate any advice:
    1. Would it be easier or harder now that our daughter is 4 to enroll her in French school, considering that we both do not speak French?
    2. Family doctor. We dont know any doctors in Gatineau or Ottawa. Where to start looking for family doctors? Can we live in Aylmer and get QC health card and yet, use doctors/hospitals accross the bridge?
    Many thanks,
    m2h71
  8. nubianqb1
    11-30-2011 12:37 PM - permalink
    nubianqb1
    Hi. I am a single mother with an autistic son who is about to graduate high school. I currently reside in Pittsburgh, Pa. I am looking to relocate to a city with less violence and better opprotunities for my son to further his education. I am also in the process of getting a divorce. My credit is a little shakey right now so I am looking to rent not buy. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You.
  9. treeamanda
    11-29-2011 05:31 AM - permalink
    treeamanda
    Hello, I have a home in Weirton WV that needs inside minor work/ painting. It also needs a loving family to own it! 3 bedrooms 1 bath...new insulation, furnace, plumbing, and more. It is 2 story plus a basement has 2 lots with it and the backyard is all wooded. I am willing to owner finance, I need to sell ASAP and the cost is reflective for quick sale. Please contact me at 724-899-2334 if you or anyone you know may be interested. Thank you
  10. Pamle
    11-29-2011 04:46 AM - permalink
    Pamle
    Hi City Bloggers, I too am concidering relocating from Georgia to Crestview, Florida where my neice is in the Airforce there. I am wanting to now how is the job industry there. I will be living with my neice but am sort of apprehensive because I have always been an independent female. Any advice?