Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 07:46 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,960,350 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else seen the 12 guage Kel Tec KSG Shotgun It is supposed to be available in the Fall. It has 2 tubes under the barrel that each hold 7 rounds (for a total of 14 rounds), and there is a switch that enables you to swap between tubes. Here are links to some YouTube videos of it being tested. There were some issues with the trigger going dead, but those issues will be resolved before the release date. It looks like it kicks like a SOB, but it would be a good home defense shotgun. It is 26" long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi0OWQCkcVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HYKhJRyB4M

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 07:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Designed for the high speed low CDI factor. A re-introduction of a concept and firearm that has been around since at least the 1980's from a couple of manufacturers. That might be a clue.

If you don't know how to run a regular shotgun and select your rounds from buck & slug on the fly then this is probably more then you need or can handle. But, by all means, when they come out go ahead and buy it. Just hope it has better reliability than Kel-Tec has had with its otherlines. Quality control, sadly, is not job #1.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:24 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Designed for the high speed low CDI factor. A re-introduction of a concept and firearm that has been around since at least the 1980's from a couple of manufacturers. That might be a clue.

If you don't know how to run a regular shotgun and select your rounds from buck & slug on the fly then this is probably more then you need or can handle. But, by all means, when they come out go ahead and buy it. Just hope it has better reliability than Kel-Tec has had with its otherlines. Quality control, sadly, is not job #1.

This is actually why I would never buy a first production run of anything- it is entirely possible to have unforeseen problems with that run that hadn't occurred with prototypes.

that said, if it turns out to be good I might just buy one

Old 02-08-2011, 08:05 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,960,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
This is actually why I would never buy a first production run of anything- it is entirely possible to have unforeseen problems with that run that hadn't occurred with prototypes.

that said, if it turns out to be good I might just buy one
I think it will turn out to be a great product. They are testing the KSG at gun shows and law enforcement ranges and taking input on what could be improved. They already announced they are changing the trigger reset so it works better and drilling holes in the sides so you can see how many rounds you have left. I carry a Remington 870 at work and only have 4 rounds. I'd like to have 10 more.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:00 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
I think it will turn out to be a great product. They are testing the KSG at gun shows and law enforcement ranges and taking input on what could be improved. They already announced they are changing the trigger reset so it works better and drilling holes in the sides so you can see how many rounds you have left. I carry a Remington 870 at work and only have 4 rounds. I'd like to have 10 more.
Is there a reason your agency does not have extended magazines on those 870's? Do you have a sidesaddle on your shottie?

Have you not learned to feed the 870 while you are shooting on the move? If not, you need a good tactical shotgun class.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:32 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
If the KSG is out before 2012 I would be very surprised.

I would just turn the 870 into a Zombie Slayer with a pistol grip, collapsable stock, extended mag and a Mesa Tactical 8 shell saddle. Toss a rail on it for laser sighting and Tac Light then Rock and Roll.

Chief may not like it but what the heck. LOL

Old 02-08-2011, 12:05 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is there a reason your agency does not have extended magazines on those 870's? Do you have a sidesaddle on your shottie?

Have you not learned to feed the 870 while you are shooting on the move? If not, you need a good tactical shotgun class.

Are you trying to say that having those rounds already in the gun is less advantageous than trying to shove them in on the move maybe under fire?
Training is a must but it doesn't remove the need or benefits of taking advantage of new technology. IMO anyway.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:37 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,609,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
That's not what people do at gun shows.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:40 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Thank goodness we don't have to worry about such a weapon ever being available here in Kalifornia.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:48 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,133 times
The cops might end up with them, only the lowly tax payer will be deprived. The cops can probably still use those terrible lead bullets too. LOL.
I just realized, if we are ever attacked by another country we can all go to CA where we'll be safe because of the lead bullet ban!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting