Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 06:11 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Here is a pretty good little read on this caliber....

5.7×28mm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 10:47 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Here is a pretty good little read on this caliber....

5.7×28mm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes chuck I can pull up wiki myself. As well as talk with the several gunsmiths, FFL's and competition shooters I have as friends. I am looking for your real world experiences. Many of you have a great deal of knowledge and experience across many spectrum involving firearms. That's the feedback requested.

Where do you think I got the picture from. Guess you did not catch that when reading the article you linked.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Yes chuck I can pull up wiki myself. As well as talk with the several gunsmiths, FFL's and competition shooters I have as friends. I am looking for your real world experiences. Many of you have a great deal of knowledge and experience across many spectrum involving firearms. That's the feedback requested.

Where do you think I got the picture from. Guess you did not catch that when reading the article you linked.
Goodness, is it that time of the month for you? A little pissy today?

So I bothered you, with information....and BTW, the picture you posted WAS not in the link I provided? Maybe you missed that....

Last time I checked, not a whole lot of people know about this round. So any information would be great to get out there....

Just like I asked about the .17 HMR.....I did not ***** when people brought articles....I read them and LEARNED.................

P.S., I was also asking for personnel experiences.....but knowledge is knowledge....

Old 05-22-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Goodness, is it that time of the month for you? A little pissy today?

So I bothered you, with information....and BTW, the picture you posted WAS not in the link I provided? Maybe you missed that....

Last time I checked, not a whole lot of people know about this round. So any information would be great to get out there....

Just like I asked about the .17 HMR.....I did not ***** when people brought articles....I read them and LEARNED.................

P.S., I was also asking for personnel experiences.....but knowledge is knowledge....

HAHA!!!! My mistake My picture was from the FN5.7 page.

I did not intend for my post to come off as pissy. More a result of my three cups of coffee, reading the paper, watching the news and posting at the same time. I am a voracious reader. I have all the technical info I need. I want your personal experiences. Again my apologies. Now get over it.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
HAHA!!!! My mistake My picture was from the FN5.7 page.

I did not intend for my post to come off as pissy. More a result of my three cups of coffee, reading the paper, watching the news and posting at the same time. I am a voracious reader. I have all the technical info I need. I want your personal experiences. Again my apologies. Now get over it.

Old 05-22-2011, 02:23 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,009,142 times
I've shot the 5.7. It was a fun pistol to shoot. Reasonably accurate with minimal recoil. That's pretty much the limit of my personal experience with the weapon.

If you're open to opinion I can see no compelling reason to own one. Ammunition is not that easy to find and it's expensive. The caliber has very little to offer the average civilian user.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:01 PM

Right on. I ended up talking a buddy into getting the one I was looking at. now I can shoot it whenever I want and still have room in my safe for other guns. It was a hoot to shoot. No recoil. We shot the SS197 ammo. Very accurate. No tumbling on the ammo as has been reported until we got out to about 75 yards which is rediculous for a pistol anyway. But when you have a 500 rounds available to burn through you get very creative. Haven't tried a P90 yet. What 30 round mags.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQBE45 View Post
Well, for $14.95 from CDNN on that link I gave you, your buddy can have 30 in his 5.7 pistol too!
Not in this state. Unless it is blocked or diassembled before it is shipped.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQBE45 View Post
Arnold huh? New Yawk, Mass and some others.
Brown. Where u been? Actually the stupid assed magazine law was passed before both of them.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,356 times
I bought this pistol for one reason only and that's the same reason it was manufactured. Close Range Self Defense. And
for that purpose it is an excellent firearm. The incredibly high muzzle velocity. The penetration, and the fact the round tumbles a 1/2 turn and does tremendous damage internally is just what I want. I want whoever I hit to go down immediately with no blood pressure from the big wound cavity. I don't consider it a toy gun in any sense of the word. It's a MEAN handgun with a report like an atomic bomb, but almost no recoil and the 20 round mag means I'll still be firing when my opponent's 15 round mag has gone dry. Others may make fun of it, but I'll take it over any other short range self defense pistol. And the milspec ammo is not impossible to get it's just difficult to get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting