Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 07:10 PM

409 posts, read 318,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
That's the problem with California Gun Laws they spread fear uncertainty and doubt, even amongst the law enforcement community. Which is an excellent tactic to control a group of people.

Keep them in the dark and feed them **** just like mushrooms.

I have personally educated many LEO's, mainly family and friends, on this issue.

Nothing wrong with prudence especially if you are unsure of the laws in this FUBAR state.
Yes, but it's hard to keep up with them when they seem to change monthy. Anyway, of all things legal, a 2" blade or less switchblade is. At least you guys have that.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:55 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,193,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
Reason # 1 FOR living in (Southern) California: J O B S

One can rant and rave as much as one wants -- I'd STILL rather live in SoCal and be gainfully employed at a decent living wage, than to live anywhere else in this country and be completely/totally/hopelessly unemployed.

But hey, that's just my own personal (and gun-owning) opinion.

-- Nighteyes

having a job is not enough if I have to give up freedom or liberty for that job.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:59 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,607,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Transporting a gun in your car has to be in the locked trunk, unloaded? Geez, in FL you can have a loaded handgun in your glovebox.
Well one aspect of firearm transport is that it is a county issue. In many counties it is still legal to display a shotgun in the truck back window.

A lot of people, LEO as well confuse county laws as to be state laws.

A lot of people across the nation both hate and envy California. We are to blame for all issues as thou we are personally responsible.
Big business will start programs here in CA and if it works they spread east. Our government does as well. Hollywood is completely in government control. What is funny is the news, All newscasters are anti-gun but have CCW's. They want the public unarmed but want their own on hand. The first thing the news ask on our "high speed pursuits" is "Do they have guns?" they will repeatedly interrupt the CHP answering questions to ask about firearms.

CA is to blame for smog restrictions on vehicles. Gun laws and recycling (call us tree huggers, lol) even fashion.
I know a few actors and they all say the same thing. If it happens in Hollywood do not believe it. Whenever W Bush screwed up bad a actor would take a bullet to take attention off Bush, Lindsey Lohan would drive on the wrong side of the freeway. Anyone ever notice actors and actresses getting arrested days before a film release. Any attention is a free ad for a actor.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:47 PM

3,489 posts, read 6,508,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
having a job is not enough if I have to give up freedom or liberty for that job.
I don't even know how to BEGIN to respond to this obvious non-sequitur ("Non-sequitur" -- a fallacious argument caused by a lack of connection between the premise and the conclusion.)

1. I have been living IN Southern California from 1988 until now. I have been successfully employed each & every danged day of my life in Southern California from 1988 until 2010. Had I remained in my home state (southeastern United States), this would not have been true.

3. As a result, both my family and I have enjoyed a more-than-acceptable standard of living, entirely BECAUSE of said employment in Southern California. (And, in fact, we are STILL enjoying said standard of living even though employment for me has been rather iffy from 2011 through present-day.)

4. I own each and every firearm and accessory that I wish to own, all of which are in compliance with the gun laws of the State of California. These include, btw, large-capacity magazines that ARE entirely legal.

5. Unless you own NFA-restricted items, I will be more than happy to compare the firearms and accessories I own to the ones you own.

In other words -- and in words that anyone may understand -- I'm calling your bluff. Show your actual, in-your-hand-right-this-minute, cards. As an alternate, you may fold and admit that I win.

Regards and best wishes,

-- Nighteyes

Last edited by Nighteyes; 02-06-2012 at 05:10 PM..

Old 02-06-2012, 04:59 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,723,112 times
mmmmmmI have someplace the California registration for my preban AK variant and also the letter from the state telling me I need to surrender said weapon. This was forwarded to my non-cali address and I still have the aforementioned..............It might be ok to visit but there's not a snowballs chance in the hot place I'd move back there......

Old 02-06-2012, 05:07 PM

my54ford,

Talk is cheap, my friend. So far that's all you have done.

With all due respect of course,

-- Nighteyes

Old 02-06-2012, 05:23 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,596,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Those are my sentiments as well. But it's interesting; I've never had trouble finding a job where there are fewer laws than California.

Consider yourself repped; I couldn't do it officially.

Quote:
1. I have been living IN Southern California, and have been successfully employed each & every danged day of my life in Southern California, from 1988 until 2010. Had I remained in my home (southeastern United States) state, this would not have been true.
I've never lived in California but I've never had trouble making a living anywhere else. There are millions more who can say the same.

Quote:
3. As a result, both my family and I have enjoyed a more-than-acceptable standard of living, entirely BECAUSE of said employment in Southern California.
My standard of living has not and never will be acceptable because I'll always want more and work to get more.

Quote:
4. I own each and every firearm and accessory that I wish to own, and all of them are in compliance with the gun laws of the State of California.

5. Unless you own NFA-restricted items, I will be more than happy to compare the firearms and accessories I own to the ones you own.

In other words -- ones that anyone may understand -- I'm calling your bluff. Show your actual, in-your-hand-right-this-minute, cards. As an alternate, you may fold and admit that I win.
You apparently feel a need to impress to boost your state but I doubt that many others are interested in violating their own privacy to impress you. But it wouldn't matter to you since privacy is illegal in California.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
You apparently feel a need to impress to boost your state but I doubt that many others are interested in violating their own privacy to impress you. But it wouldn't matter to you since privacy is illegal in California.
You obviously don't know the laws of California, where privacy is almost a religion. Perhaps you have forgotten that nearly all of the nation's entertainment stars live in (Southern) California...

To modify an old saying, my friend: "Opinions are like noses -- everybody's got one, and most of 'em smell." That applies equally to you, to me, and to everyone who reads this thread. With that said, I again offer this -- NFA restrictions aside, is anyone in a non-California state willing to match me in this challenge?

(A) "I own all the firearms and accessories that I, personally, would like to own."

(B) "All of the firearms and accessories I own are completely and entirely legal, not only in the United States as a whole but in my state as well."

In poker the saying is, "Raise, Call or Fold." And your choice is....... ?

Old 02-06-2012, 09:23 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,048,659 times
Obviously some people cannot take a little joke, so the thread is closed. It, as you see, cannot be discussed in an adult manner. The bickering stops now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting