Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 06:46 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The Zombie Apocolypse of course!
Tell me about that... i can get pretty creative, but I just can't latch onto this idea and it appears to be a popular idea, with even Norma making ammo for it.

But really the walking dead is just sci fi BS.........

You and people like you know that right?

You see I am almost 61 now, which means I hunted to eat things for 55 years.

yeah Dad taught me to hunt before i was 5 and by 5 I was hunting things to eat on my own.

So far i never ate Zombie because so far i have never seen one, and if I did I think it might taste like my x wife No need to call the cops! I didn't eat her; but because she smelled funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 07:05 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
I couldn't find a thread where this question would fit in so I'm putting it in here.

I know absolutely nothing about guns. I'm reading a nonfiction book about Navy SEALS and the author keeps mentioning a "suppressed MP7."

Here are my questions. Does "suppressed" mean the same thing as having a silencer on the gun?
Can a suppressor be removed from the MP7 or do you buy an MP7 with or without a suppressor like buying gas with or without lead?

Thank you.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:57 PM

You could google "suppressed MP7" and find out most anything you would like to know about this gun and any other gun.

In fact i suggest you do and also hit images for lots of pictures.

But yes you are correct in "suppressed mean the same thing as having a silencer ", and they do screw on and off.

This gun a MP class means machine pistol. I am not sure what the 7 means, but this gun is very likey to shoot 9x19mm ammo or 9mm lugar and or plain 9mm but there are other 9mm ammo's One size does not fit all.

Now on the ammo it is a guess on my part, but there is no 7mm ammo I am aware of for MP type pistols and the last of the 7mm fodder I am aware was used by the Japanese in WW-2 in their bolt action rifles.

I am curious as to where you buy gasoline? There is no such thing in the USA as leaded gas anymore. lead was an additive too, which a lot of people never understood. When un-leaded came out people thought it cost more which it did to get the lead out! LOL

Also i checked wiki which is handy too and i find the chambering i mentined is real but there is other rounds and originally it was chambered for the HK 4.6mm×30mm

Be sure to check wiki and be sure to click on the active HK 4.6×30mm to see these rounds side by side with others like rounds.
Heckler & Koch MP7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-15-2012, 08:54 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
You could google "suppressed MP7" and find out most anything you would like to know about this gun and any other gun.

In fact i suggest you do and also hit images for lots of pictures.

But yes you are correct in "suppressed mean the same thing as having a silencer ", and they do screw on and off.

This gun a MP class means machine pistol. I am not sure what the 7 means, but this gun is very likey to shoot 9x19mm ammo or 9mm lugar and or plain 9mm but there are other 9mm ammo's One size does not fit all.

Now on the ammo it is a guess on my part, but there is no 7mm ammo I am aware of for MP type pistols and the last of the 7mm fodder I am aware was used by the Japanese in WW-2 in their bolt action rifles.

I am curious as to where you buy gasoline? There is no such thing in the USA as leaded gas anymore. lead was an additive too, which a lot of people never understood. When un-leaded came out people thought it cost more which it did to get the lead out! LOL

Also i checked wiki which is handy too and i find the chambering i mentined is real but there is other rounds and originally it was chambered for the HK 4.6mm×30mm

Be sure to check wiki and be sure to click on the active HK 4.6×30mm to see these rounds side by side with others like rounds.
Heckler & Koch MP7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thank you for the info Mac_Muz. The reason I did not research this myself is very simple. Y'all know guns and sometimes other sources explain in terms that I am not familiar with. I knew that someone here would explain it in language I could understand. I know a lot about a lot of things but guns are foreign to me. My father showed me his WWII guns but I was never interested in them. I was more interested in the planes that he flew over The Hump.

I simply do not understand how the SEALS can manage to haul all the gear around. The ammo itself must weigh more than I could carry.

As for the "unleaded and leaded", it was the first comparison that popped into my head. I've been around a long time and remember the leaded.

I appreciate the links.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:35 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I simply do not understand how the SEALS can manage to haul all the gear around. The ammo itself must weigh more than I could carry.
Simple! 18 year olds with no idea how damaging the load they carry will affect them in a few years.

I scuba dive, or as correctly called SCUBA dive. The current tables are based on navy Seal SCUBA nitrogen absorption tables. For recreational SCUBA diving the tables are tuned down near 20% for the fact we are not lean mean fighting machines.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:08 PM

Ketabcha, Zombies wasn't the topic either, so don't worry.

Humpin ammo around is one of the reasons there is HK 4.6×30mm. That 4.6 mm is the bullet diameter, the part that flies... The case is 30mm long. That is a standard way to list many but not all ammo types.

The gun is lighter too, than a main battle weapon. never having held one, I don't know these specs a bit but wiki will have them. And i don't mind helping either.

I hope you still have your fathers guns... My dad served in subs in the pacific, and only appears to have brought home a little Japanese rifle ammo. I have his guns from after he passed and one he gave me before he passed, but not one is a military weapon.

I have a elderly living uncle who went to France when they didn't have any customs years ago he had me help with a carpenter project that came about because of carpenter ants, and in a closet needing work he removed everything and one item was a German Lugar. He has never spoken of it. Last year i was interested in seeing if he still had it. But he claims he does not and sold it long ago..... I am not so sure I buy that story, but i am not going to accuse him either.

I have the idea he came by that gun, some other than that maybe with honor. GI's were pretty upset with the Germans shortly after D Day.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:03 AM

72 posts, read 77,715 times
Seals don't have to lug stuff far. Choppers, humvees, boats, etc, lug it for them. you dont need to do what they do, and you have no time limit to do it in, as they do, either. You need to keep your BOB under 50 lbs, and it's best to have a mountain bicycle to help with carrying it;. Dont try to go far if shtf, have stuff cached at your local water supply, and get underground asap, if shtf. Be sure to have "slime" for your tires, because everyone will be using nails in sticks and boards to stop vehicles and rob/kill/rape, once shtf. Have some sort of passive IR monocular, so that you can frequently "scan" 360 degrees at night, for warm bodies. They will think that a screen of brush hides them just fine, at night, and then some subsonic bullets, from a suppressed autorifle, can be be a big surprise! :-)

Old 10-26-2012, 07:56 AM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
I don't believe in the zombie, but I trust in an apocalypse. Therefore I will choose that I will easily carry away and that will support me - a spring airgun and some thousand pellets in a pocket. Probably I won't regale on bear's flesh, but at me for a breakfast, lunch and dinner always will be a fresh rat

Old 10-26-2012, 07:15 PM

10 posts, read 10,481 times
It's quite likely to belong to someone else in short order, once shtf, since it's such a poor combat arm. Someone will just shoot you and take it and anything else of value that you had.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:57 PM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
It depends on what to understand as an apocalypse. I don't assume existence someone people except me in general. Then I still added a bow, and the textbook on hunting traps because now I me laziness to read up it up to the end, and after an apocalypse this knowledge to me would come in handy.

That discuss in this topic it rather not an apocalypse, and anarchy and mass riots. In this case I would choose AK-74 (because many available cartridges and spare parts) and any easy compact pistol with silencer, it is desirable with a steel frame to use as brass knuckles.

Last edited by Wadym; 10-26-2012 at 11:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting