Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 05:15 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,123,668 times

Advertisements

Western Rifle Shooters Association: Vanderboegh: A Handgun Against An Army - Ten Years After

I repost this every few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 06:20 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,912,049 times
The Movie Defiance is about a family of Jews whose parents were murdered by the Germans in WWII. Their story as depicted in the movie is real. From having no weapons to being a small force to be reckoned with, their story should be seen by everybody. This is pretty much a How To movie for those that expect to survive the downfall of their Gov't. After the war, the Bielski's came to the USA where they were reasonably successful as truckers.
Here's a link to see it. No special plug ins required.
http://fleon.me/vv.php?Id=4e265e07d9...3f065d7a28c326

Old 03-11-2013, 08:38 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
maybe you can repost this link on the political forum, as there are liberals there that seem to think that we the people cannot fight tanks and planes that the government has with only pistols and rifles.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:18 PM

Feel free

Old 03-12-2013, 02:21 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,480,154 times
I've always said that all I need is my .45 and a few magazines of ammo...I can acquire everything else as I go! LOL

Old 03-12-2013, 05:38 AM

340 posts, read 495,571 times
What good does no hand gun have? What then just bend over and take it? During WW2 the us commissioned from General Motors lamp division a little no rifling pistol single shot 45. It was designed to put a bullet in the head of someone with a rifle to take their weapon. It worked well.
Attached Thumbnails
What good can a handgun do against an army-300px-m1942_liberator.jpg  

Old 03-12-2013, 08:38 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,670,235 times
Actually very few of those Liberator pistols were ever dropped into France or distributed elsewhere in WW2. Most ended up being melted down for scrap. The allies feared these being used against them.

There is a manufacturer making a replica of that gun now for $600.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:13 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,559,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Truly a terrific link! I wish I had known about this on another thread where the poster went on about how stupid it would be to fight against the american military because of superiority. The made references to seeing your friends fighting along side you and watching their body parts fly by you as they were decimated by the technology and superior force. Then again the poster believed they knew everything so they were right and would not even read such a link. Their most common response was that they were not going to waste time reading anything and people like me were talking in circles so they would respond to anything I posted. In other words they were afraid someone might disprove their comments so they chose to belittle them instead.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:16 PM

340 posts, read 495,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Actually very few of those Liberator pistols were ever dropped into France or distributed elsewhere in WW2. Most ended up being melted down for scrap. The allies feared these being used against them.

There is a manufacturer making a replica of that gun now for $600.
The point was not the pistol but the idea that you can use something that is very limited to gain an advantage. I could have used several examples of how a rag tag bunch of Jews with limited arms held off the SS longer then the polish army.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Truly a terrific link! I wish I had known about this on another thread where the poster went on about how stupid it would be to fight against the american military because of superiority. The made references to seeing your friends fighting along side you and watching their body parts fly by you as they were decimated by the technology and superior force. Then again the poster believed they knew everything so they were right and would not even read such a link. Their most common response was that they were not going to waste time reading anything and people like me were talking in circles so they would respond to anything I posted. In other words they were afraid someone might disprove their comments so they chose to belittle them instead.
I saw a similar comment so I decided it was time to dig it back up.
Historical examples abound.

I was an 0311/0321

A common line:

"What's the most vulnerable part of a tank?

It's driver!"

Everybody gets out to use the bathroom sooner or later!"

Tank or Helo doesn't have gas... it doesn't go

Etc.

I've read articles about the ebb and flow of freedom based upon the age and wellness of those who have gone to war for their country... well there's quite a few people now a days who have learned unconventional warfare... the hard way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting