Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 06:31 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,976,229 times

Advertisements

I have followed this fool for years. He is funny in the sense that watching someone set his hair on fire is funny. The bad thing is he is picked up by the left and becomes the crazy uncle no one wants anyone to know is related to you. His last bit about picking Pierce Morgan brains out of his shoe, I know he is joking but its really not helpful. My feeling is he is more of a drag on our cause then a help. I can not think of one thing he does other than fee red meat to the most emotional limited IQ among us. What is your Opinion?

Old 02-03-2014, 08:14 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,027,874 times
i think those with more extreme views on either side of any argument can sway public opinion.
Using myself as an example here, i'm newer to gun ownership and have some mixed feelings on where i stand in relation to the various issues out there. But when i hear the Nuge drop something out of nowhere, i sort of cringe as i think while that may fire up those already on his side, that cant be a positive for those who are not.
He's entitled to his opinion of course, i just prefer if he's gonna grab a mic, that it's while he is in the middle of a song and not a speech. Guess i dont like anyone preaching to me whether i agree or not with the view in question.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:28 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,797,253 times
Why should the left have a monopoly on entertainment?

Old 02-03-2014, 12:44 PM

1,174 posts, read 2,515,483 times
Ted Nugent has his place. I can't really think of anything specific that he has really done to help or hurt hunters, anglers and 2nd amendment enthusiasts. He has probably indirectly drawn some people to the outdoors and probably turned some people away as well.

In any event, I don't think he's an embarrassment to you or me because there may be some things that the three of us agree on and if you should meet a reasonable person who thinks that you are crazy because of something Ted Nugent did or said, you should be able to quickly convince them otherwise if it's worth it to try.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:49 PM

806 posts, read 877,909 times
Most people's opinion of him is based on what they read on the internet . I'll leave it at that .

Old 02-04-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
Most people's opinion of him is based on what they read on the internet . I'll leave it at that .
I think that video of him can show his crazy antics. Taking off his shoe and picking out something with his knife saying he stomped Morgans head and he had to clean the brain matter. I do not like Morgan at all,and would like to see him deported but Nugent is not helping and may give some support to Morgan.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:22 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,355,000 times
Nothing wrong with being passionate, but the stage antics & hyperbole do not reflect well in a serious discussion/debate about our gun rights.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Nothing wrong with being passionate, but the stage antics & hyperbole do not reflect well in a serious discussion/debate about our gun rights.
Spot on, I can argue very passionate about guns. But the sophomoric crap that TN pulls in front of the camera is borderline insane. Its like Bachmann saying that vaccines cause retardation because someone told her it did after one of her rallies. I hate Morgan worth a passion, his is for the left what Hannity is to the right, and interrupting loaded question fool, he has not interest in getting any answer or having a dialog. That said, TN does more damage to our side with his childish stupid jokes then he has ever done to help our side. We need someone who is smart, can talk and hold a intelligent debate. TN just yells insults and stupid quips then thumps his chest thinking he has won. Sad very sad..

Old 02-06-2014, 10:14 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,248,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleonidas View Post
Ted Nugent has his place. I can't really think of anything specific that he has really done to help or hurt hunters, anglers and 2nd amendment enthusiasts. He has probably indirectly drawn some people to the outdoors and probably turned some people away as well.

In any event, I don't think he's an embarrassment to you or me because there may be some things that the three of us agree on and if you should meet a reasonable person who thinks that you are crazy because of something Ted Nugent did or said, you should be able to quickly convince them otherwise if it's worth it to try.
He makes all legitimate gun owners look like idiots because we're on the same side. I don't have time to "quickly convince" the millions of anti-gun types who see his antics on TV that I'm not like him.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:55 AM

1,174 posts, read 2,515,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
He makes all legitimate gun owners look like idiots because we're on the same side. I don't have time to "quickly convince" the millions of anti-gun types who see his antics on TV that I'm not like him.
I understand how you arrive at that outlook, but that's true about a lot of people for a lot of reasons. It balances out, though... Kevin De Leon makes the anti-gun types look like idiots, for example.

Sure, the histrionics and aggressive rhetoric are grating and often or usually unnecessary - but he isn't doing or saying anything that is particularly useful to an opposing agenda other than the possible exception of polarizing some otherwise reasonable people. I guess I'm saying that there are probably more constructive things to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting