Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:53 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Try the Cheaper than Dirt catalog, pick up a copy of Shotgun News at a newstand, you will find other ads. In Eastern Washington if you can get to Spokane, White Elephant has good prices on all sorts of outdoor gear.

Gun shows sometimes have some bargains.

I have been reloading/handloading for a while, it's a great hobby and you can tailor your load to your weapon, your target, etc. But it's a pretty serious technology in it's own right. To get started loading, I really like Lee's presses for centerfires, and the Lee or MEC shotshell loaders. But I'm marginally off-topic already...
That's what I've been doing for 22 years (reloading/handloading) and I do it as a hobby. Depending on how much you shoot, the equipment will pay for itself, and you can get accurate ammo customized to your weapon, not that there's anything wrong with factory ammo, you'll just be saving a lot of money.

Here's my reloading gear.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 12:30 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
That's what I've been doing for 22 years (reloading/handloading) and I do it as a hobby. Depending on how much you shoot, the equipment will pay for itself, and you can get accurate ammo customized to your weapon, not that there's anything wrong with factory ammo, you'll just be saving a lot of money.

Here's my reloading gear.
That's a nice setup you have there, Mike. I wish I had that much room for my reloading stuff. Currently, everything I have has to fit on a 4 foot wide bench. That works, but I would love to have enough room to have it all set up at once. I would need at least twice as much room if I were going to do so.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:06 AM

823 posts, read 1,732,677 times
Nice setup Mike............gives me something to shoot for. I think I'm needing to catch up on some equipment.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:23 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
That's a nice setup you have there, Mike. I wish I had that much room for my reloading stuff. Currently, everything I have has to fit on a 4 foot wide bench. That works, but I would love to have enough room to have it all set up at once. I would need at least twice as much room if I were going to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grill God View Post
Nice setup Mike............gives me something to shoot for. I think I'm needing to catch up on some equipment.
It's actually a big walk-in closet that I converted into "the ammo factory"..

Jdavid, I started out with an even smaller portable workbench, which I bought from a hardware store, and it only had the press and a couple of accessories on it, but hey, it worked!

Grill God, if you have a Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop in your area, they have some very good deals on reloading equipment.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:34 PM

820 posts, read 1,202,731 times
It would help if we knew your general location.
The shipping costs on ammo can be significant-- enough to turn a good deal into a poor deal.
Or vise versa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting